Home

Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25

This is a discussion on Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25

Accompanying text article: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...-25-dl-ratings

Looks like it goes into details about block shedding and power moves this time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #26
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
Not sure what Peterson you were watching. Because last season Peterson was a shut down corner. You must be thinking about the first 8 games of his rookie season because that's the only time he was burnt toast. Last season the Cardinals had the 2nd best pass defense in football and Peterson was the only pro bowler back there. To compare him to DeAngelo Hall is a huge insult and shows your lack of football knowledge. I can tell you only saw him play once or twice. I've seen every game of his career. The advanced metric stats and regular football stats show Peterson was a top corner. Fellow players on NFL top 100 voted him the best corner in football. I'm going to trust their opinions over yours.
You're obviously biased. Peterson ranked 18th in coverage on Profootballfocus.com

Coverage has never been his strong suit - his athleticism is his strength - the craft of the position is his weakness without question. DeAngelo Hall is a very fair comparison because if he doesn't work on his craft he'll end up like Hall around Halls age as he'll lose a step in the athleticism. We've already seen Dez beat him like a drum in preseason like Dez does Hall year in and out - a foreshadow perhaps?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:50 PM   #27
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
You're obviously biased. Peterson ranked 18th in coverage on Profootballfocus.com

Coverage has never been his strong suit - his athleticism is his strength - the craft of the position is his weakness without question. DeAngelo Hall is a very fair comparison because if he doesn't work on his craft he'll end up like Hall around Halls age as he'll lose a step in the athleticism. We've already seen Dez beat him like a drum in preseason like Dez does Hall year in and out - a foreshadow perhaps?

I'm biased because I'm a Cardinals fan? That stat doesn't account for Peterson having no help in the secondary and always taking the toughest assignment. Having more help makes players jobs easier, example Richard Sherman. Thanks to Peterson the Cardinals pass defense finished 2nd in DVOA in the entire NFL. He doesn't have the luxury of playing one half of the field like Sherman with a pro bowl corner to the other side and two pro bowl safeties behind him. Peterson and Hall have nothing in common. His coverage improved a lot last year from his rookie season that's why he was a pro bowler and voted by his peers on NFL top 100 as the best corner in the entire NFL. Players are a better judge of talent than people on a message board because they are actually on the field. Peterson was a two time pro bowler before the age of 23. Not many players in NFL history can say that. People forget how young he is.

Dez didn't beat Peterson like a drum. He had one great catch and a horrible fumble like Dez always does. He needs to get his fumbling and off the field issues straight or he will have a short career. By the way Dez was voted 35th on the top 100, Peterson 33rd. And Dez is two years older.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 08-20-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
I'm biased because I'm a Cardinals fan? That stat doesn't account for Peterson have no help in the secondary and always taking the toughest assignment. He doesn't have the luxury of playing one half of the field like Sherman with a pro bowl corner to the other side and two pro bowl safeties behind him. Peterson and Hall have nothing in common.

Dez didn't beat Peterson like a drum. He had one great catch and a horrible fumble like Dez always does. He needs to get his fumbling and off the field issues straight or he will have a short career.
-_-

Dez doesn't "always" fumble but he does on occasion. Just like Peterson doesn't always get burnt, but on occasion he does. His skills are average, however, his athleticism is off the charts.

Dez does have his off the field life together FYI. Who does Joe Haden have over the top? How about Revis? Have anymore excuses you'd like to make for Peterson's above average coverage skills as a corner?
Old 08-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #29
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
I agree, Peterson anchored the number 2 pass defense in football and was an all pro
Just a testament to who Peterson has around him - nice job shooting yourself in the foot for all to see.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #30
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

Quote:
-_-

Dez doesn't "always" fumble but he does on occasion. Just like Peterson doesn't always get burnt, but on occasion he does. His skills are average, however, his athleticism is off the charts.

Dez does have his off the field life together FYI. Who does Joe Haden have over the top? How about Revis? Have anymore excuses you'd like to make for Peterson's above average coverage skills as a corner?

Dez fumbles a lot and he could easily be the next NFL player thrown out of the league.

Peterson has very good coverage. It's no excuse, the guy was 22 last season, do you think he will never improve? By the way Joe Haden is a good corner but he isn't better than Peterson. I have them almost neck to neck and Peterson is a lot younger and faster. Revis had a pro bowl corner on other side of the field in Cromartie so not sure why he is used an example. Plus Revis is the best corner in football and 28 years old.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 08-20-2013 at 04:06 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #31
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

Quote:
Just a testament to who Peterson has around him - nice job shooting yourself in the foot for all to see.
Not at all, you are taking it to discredit Peterson while I'm using it to show how good he is. Kerry Rhodes the FS is not even signed by a team right now, guess he is an all pro and the reason for the Cardinals having the 2nd best pass d. Wilson is washed up and horrible in coverage and great in run support and was only a part time starter last season. Greg Toler is an ok corner who only played in 11 games. None of the other corners were worth mentioning. Peterson was the main reason the Cardinals had an elite pass d. This is coming from someone that watched every Cardinals game last season. Let me guess, you watched maybe 1 Cardinals game all season.

The only shooting will probably come from Dez Bryant.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 08-20-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #32
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

I'll be the bigger man here as a wise man once said to me fools argue with fools. You're clearly biased - that AZ water/heat must be getting to you. If you honestly believe that one player makes a pass defense then you're as dumb as you're seriously as dumb as presented. Good day imbecile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »