Home

Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25

This is a discussion on Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #33
MVP

TheKingOfVa's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Top Rated Defensive Players in Madden NFL 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I'll be the bigger man here as a wise man once said to me fools argue with fools. You're clearly biased - that AZ water/heat must be getting to you. If you honestly believe that one player makes a pass defense then you're as dumb as you're seriously as dumb as presented. Good day imbecile.

It's only one fool in this conversation and he is a Dallas fan. If you had any sense you would see that I live in the DC metro area not AZ. I presented a fact, The Cardinals had the 2nd best pass defense. There were only two full time starters in our secondary, FS Kerry Rhodes and CB Patrick Peterson. Those two have to get the bulk of the credit for our great pass defense. Not sure what you don't understand about that. Now you are getting emotional because you have been proven wrong. How are you being the bigger man by calling me an imbecile after you have been proven wrong.

By the way your last sentence makes zero grammatical sense. So learn how to form a proper sentence before you call people imbeciles.

Last edited by TheKingOfVa; 08-20-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25
When individual player ratings matter I guess I'll care more.

But when I can get more pressure from a 66 ovr LOLB v a 96 ovr ROLB then ratings are meaningless. Same goes for DB. my 2 70 ovr CB cover just as good as the hugest rated CB in the game...

Ratings are just about worthless.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #35
Rookie

jtswag187's Arena

OVR: 0
ok ESPN ranks Muhammed Wilkerson 91 among all defensive players andhes a 96 overall
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by westview33
Why does everyone assume the overall rating means anything?

Atkins can be rated a 97 overall and it doesn't matter if the OL is rated a 75 overall because if that OL has 90+ strength regardless of his overall rating he's going o be able to hang with Atkins.

I think it's time people star focusing on the overall rating and concentrate on the actual ratings that matter when playing the game.

Did you know that a higher overall rated OL is easier to beat than a lower overall rated guy if the higher rated guy has lesser strength for pass or run blocking?

Overall rating from what I've learned is just a way to rank the players in the data base and doesn't truly render how they will play on the field.

An example of this is when a scrub DB with 90 speed and acceleration will still play well because man coverage ratings doesn't have as much impact on the game.

Now lower that scrub DB agility ratings and all of sudden even with his speed and acceleration being high you'll start to see a huge difference in production when he has to change directions on the field to cover someone.

He loses a step in coverage when his agility is rated lower and the WR can then get better separation from him.

The problem is too many people are stuck using EA's ratings so they are left with the impression that ratings one either means nothing or two that higher overall rated players will be the best players on the field.

Both of those logics are false if you take the time to download any roster file from a roster creator who spends quality time on ratings.

I learned this a few years ago when using other rosters not made by EA.
Bravo!! Exactly.... Just like last year when my UDFA RB rated 63 ovr was 2nd in the league in rushing and TDs simple because his spd, agl, and acc were all in the low 90s....

If u never saw his overall, you would think he was easily rated 90+

All these ratings can be broken down into just 5 that actually matter based on played position. All the rest are just filled and arbitrary numbers that do little if anything.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

Sorry Peterson, this isnt flag football
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KP_tUWIORo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys0mhY7cxMU
Old 08-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #38
Rookie

Peterson and dhall is a good comparison. Dhall went to the probowl also. Plus what do you mean peterson has no help on defense? That dline is something serious in the passrush that's why he gets picks. QB's don't have time to set and throw properly they are always rushed. And you have probowl safety adrian wilson and kerry rhodes behind him. Cardinals defense isn't that bad. Its there offense (mainly QB and Oline play) that sucks.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:07 PM   #39
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhezzy2003
Peterson and dhall is a good comparison. Dhall went to the probowl also. Plus what do you mean peterson has no help on defense? That dline is something serious in the passrush that's why he gets picks. QB's don't have time to set and throw properly they are always rushed. And you have probowl safety adrian wilson and kerry rhodes behind him. Cardinals defense isn't that bad. Its there offense (mainly QB and Oline play) that sucks.
Bravo!

This is what I've been getting at the entire time - there's 11 players on defense - not one.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 08-20-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #40
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
I'm biased because I'm a Cardinals fan? That stat doesn't account for Peterson having no help in the secondary and always taking the toughest assignment. Having more help makes players jobs easier, example Richard Sherman. Thanks to Peterson the Cardinals pass defense finished 2nd in DVOA in the entire NFL. He doesn't have the luxury of playing one half of the field like Sherman with a pro bowl corner to the other side and two pro bowl safeties behind him. Peterson and Hall have nothing in common. His coverage improved a lot last year from his rookie season that's why he was a pro bowler and voted by his peers on NFL top 100 as the best corner in the entire NFL. Players are a better judge of talent than people on a message board because they are actually on the field. Peterson was a two time pro bowler before the age of 23. Not many players in NFL history can say that. People forget how young he is.

Dez didn't beat Peterson like a drum. He had one great catch and a horrible fumble like Dez always does. He needs to get his fumbling and off the field issues straight or he will have a short career. By the way Dez was voted 35th on the top 100, Peterson 33rd. And Dez is two years older.
Anyone with two eyes would tell you that the NFL top 100 is an absolute joke of player rankings even if players are the ones voting. I would never cite the NFL top 100 in any argument. Anyways back to the discussion regarding where Peterson stands among his fellow corners:

I feel as though DeAngelo Hall is a fair comparison to Patrick Peterson. They have identical play styles and similar tendencies. Both corners trust their elite athleticism to make plays. Sometimes, they come away with an interception or pass break-up. Sometimes, they miss or can't recover. And it isn't a knock on Peterson at all! Hall has 39 career interceptions and is a former pro bowler. Both of them have/had elite athleticism even for NFL standards. Neither of them have the cover ability/ technique of Darrelle Revis or Richard Sherman or Champ Bailey.

As for your argument about Arizona's #2 pass defense, one reason their pass defense is so high is because opponents didn't have to pass on them to succeed. Giving up 137 yards rushing per game (28th in the NFL) allowed teams to keep the ball on the ground and avoid turning the ball over through the air.

I look forward to your reply or anyone else's argument for/against Patrick Peterson.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »