Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 06:17 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Not to mention Greg & Jeff worked for EA before he decided to create Visual Concepts. They both worked on the Madden Series in it's early years
No quite... Visual Concepts did a version of Madden ('94) for EA. They also did a baseball game for them in '93. They were an independent developer that did games for many different publishers.

Also, Peter Moore didn't make NFL2K or NBA2K... VC did. I can't remember my dates, but at that time, I believe Bernie Stolar ran Sega, not Peter Moore.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #50
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Not that this will restore your faith (if anything it might make it more shaky...lol) but the reviewer didn't say he liked Miller and Morgan. He said that Thomas, the lead producer, did.
That's what I thought at first, but the writer was actually talking about Tom Price, who reviewed last year's game:

"Tom Price’s review of MLB 2K8...............However, Tom praised last year’s entry for going with what he felt was the best commentators, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. Unfortunately for him, 2K switched up the announcing team for MLB 2K9 to go with Gary Thorne and Steve Phillips"

But yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. It's just one person's preference. Everyone has their favorite commentators. For instance, a ton of people loved Harry Caray, others thought he was horrible to listen to, so it all comes down to personal preference.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 PM   #51
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
That's what I thought at first, but the writer was actually talking about Tom Price, who reviewed last year's game:

"Tom Price’s review of MLB 2K8...............However, Tom praised last year’s entry for going with what he felt was the best commentators, Jon Miller and Joe Morgan. Unfortunately for him, 2K switched up the announcing team for MLB 2K9 to go with Gary Thorne and Steve Phillips"

But yeah, I wouldn't put too much stock in that. It's just one person's preference. Everyone has their favorite commentators. For instance, a ton of people loved Harry Caray, others thought he was horrible to listen to, so it all comes down to personal preference.
ahh...reading. Might be a good plan for me to use in the future...lol. In any case, the point remains...this reviewer isn't stating that and preference of actual announcers mean little (othe than how the announcing is executed).

I'll fix my post...thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 06:47 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Not that this will restore your faith but at least the current reviewer didn't say he liked Miller and Morgan.

On a side note, Miller and Morgan as announcers weren't the problem, it was their lines. The repetition killed it. Announcers are always going to be preference based.

Miller and Morgan are considered to be one of the top announcing tandems in baseball by many people. I don't, like many of the more hardcore baseball fans, feel that way...but that's the general consensus.
Just because ESPN says they're one of the top announcing tandems doesn't make it so.

- Mike Royko
Old 01-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 13

Kruk & Kuip are way better and even entertaining at that!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #54
Banned

Yep 2k always looks good on paper but Vc should right the ship with a solid effort and hopefully patch support if needed
Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
A few things changed, & it's a purchase for me:

Gameplay...Damn happy the meatball BS is gone!
GFX on par w/ the 360
Field dimensions have ALWAYS been too damn small. They need to be accurately proportioned w/ the players imo.

VC hopefully gettin' it done fellaz
I completely agree. The players are too big for the field. You rarely get have groundballs get through the 4 and 6 holes even if it is a hard hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #56
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKermit
Just because ESPN says they're one of the top announcing tandems doesn't make it so.
lol...my my.

I never said they were. I think I even said that there are many who, like me, don't feel they are.

And plenty of people think they are...not just because "ESPN said so." As I said, it's a matter of opinion. Joe Morgan, believe it or not appeals to less avid baseball fans much in the same way Madden does in football.

If someone bases their purchasing decision because of someones opinion of a broadcaster's quality, then oh well...lol. The End.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »