Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Preview (Teamxbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
And plenty of people think they are...not just because "ESPN said so." As I said, it's a matter of opinion. Joe Morgan, believe it or not appeals to less avid baseball fans much in the same way Madden does in football.
I love Jon and Joe. Jon is obviously the real talent in that duo, but Joe provides a kind of Tim McCarver-like oddball twist to things -- keeps things focused on his quirky demeanor and nutty anecdotes, rather than the on-field action. And as a less-than-avid fan of the sport, I have to say baseball is boring as heck, and needs media personalities like Joe to liven things up.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #58
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I love Jon and Joe. Jon is obviously the real talent in that duo, but Joe provides a kind of Tim McCarver-like oddball twist to things -- keeps things focused on his quirky demeanor and nutty anecdotes, rather than the on-field action. And as a less-than-avid fan of the sport, I have to say baseball is boring as heck, and needs media personalities like Joe to liven things up.

lol...Joe Morgan and lively are not two things I thought would be used together. And McCarver...yikes...lol

Well played sir

On a more serious note, I agree about Miller. I love his radio calls and really enjoy the rare occurances on ESPN when he's pared with someone else.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: MLB 2K9 Preview (TeamXbox.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I like Gary Thorne a lot (He was great for the NHL and baseball, and has exerience in videogaming too...pretty darn good in NHL 09)...maybe the only Orioles broadcaster I'll say that about...lol.
What?? Buck Martinez is the best in the business, for color, and he does O's games now. Can't tell you how much we miss him on Blue Jays telecasts. Truthfully, I like Thorne's call too.

But anyways... I was pretty pleased with TeamXbox's review. If there's one source out there that I trust, it's this site. I check it every day to see what's going on in the Xbox world. They've even discussed before how the dates that they put out their previews/reviews are strictly monitored and agreed to with developers. They can't just throw it up at their leisure.

So I'm pretty pleased with what they said. Gives me some encouragement for 2K9. I've had 2K6/7/8 on the first day they were released. Told myself I wasn't going to do that this year as I'd wait for the demo (and hope it comes out before release) and for OS reviews. We'll see what happens but the zone hitting is HUGE in my books and I'm glad they've put this in.

Last edited by flangoid; 01-29-2009 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #60
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Tim McCarver & Joe Buck are the bane of my existence. Miller & Morgan don't bother me as much IRL, but they did get repetitive in-game. Of course, what virtual commentary doesn't get repetitive? At least Thorne & Phillips will have that going for them, provided that they have a new script I guess...
Old 01-30-2009, 12:01 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 2K9 Preview (TeamXbox.com)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangoid
What?? Buck Martinez is the best in the business, for color, and he does O's games now. Can't tell you how much we miss him on Blue Jays telecasts. Truthfully, I like Thorne's call too.

But anyways... I was pretty pleased with TeamXbox's review. If there's one source out there that I trust, it's this site. I check it every day to see what's going on in the Xbox world. They've even discussed before how the dates that they put out their previews/reviews are strictly monitored and agreed to with developers. They can't just throw it up at their leisure.

So I'm pretty pleased with what they said. Gives me some encouragement for 2K9. I've had 2K6/7/8 on the first day they were released. Told myself I wasn't going to do that this year as I'd wait for the demo (and hope it comes out before release) and for OS reviews. We'll see what happens but the zone hitting is HUGE in my books and I'm glad they've put this in.
Yea it is that way with every major and legitimate site that covers video games. You release the info on the date that the publisher allows you to or you don't get to review or preview their games anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2009, 01:34 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 31

50 Year Franchise!! Me likey. I can sim 20 years so there are no real players left then begin my franchise.

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. May pick it up mid summer. Maybe release day if I am bored.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:39 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

This review gives me some encouragement that this release will actually be a game worth picking up. Man I hope so because I really don't want to have to buy a PS3 for MLB gaming.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:27 AM   #64
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Locke
50 Year Franchise!! Me likey. I can sim 20 years so there are no real players left then begin my franchise.

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. May pick it up mid summer. Maybe release day if I am bored.
J.R., or anyone else for that matter care to list some of the franchise stuff they talked about.

Thanks to my work CPU websense filters 'video games', and thus can't read the preview.

Thank God for OS@work though!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »