Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Interview (ESPN)

that last question and answer in teh interview made me happy to know i will be playing my player mode
Old 01-27-2010, 12:01 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
And I seen him check his swing every at bat. And every player in the game is not Manny Ramirez. So to do it with every player, and all or nothing approach is redundant. Especially when you cant check your swing on a suspenseful borderline walk or strike out.

And he isn't so super that he is fouling off pitches till he likes one, most are ones he is trying to smash and just missing solid contact. Having it separate is a band aide in a flawed hitting system IMO. Fouling off defensively should be in the regular swing button.

MLB players don't have the magic defensive swing button.
i cant defend the new check swing thing, i have stated that many times. If you dont want to use defensive dont use it. Big time batters may want to use it. HOnestly. in every video baseball game i have played, i have Rarely used it. I am pretty damned good in baseball games as well *PVP*. I will be playing 2K10 obviously and not the show as i am not going to buy another baseball game when i got one. I Rather keep my money for God of War 3 and Super Street Fighter IV.

People just want to pile up on something before we even see how something works visually. In any game i wait and see what the final product is done. Just like i do with Madden, cept i was a effin ******* and bought 09. I seen how madden 10 was and i passed and you know what? i dont even have another football game to turntoo and i have a 360 and a PS3. I am just **** out of luck.

In the end if the game is not for you, dont buy it and move on. i've done it and i am a much much bigger football fan then a baseball fan. I learned to get over it.

Last edited by kcxiv; 01-27-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:02 AM   #35
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm trying to find out what's wrong with this. I've had times where I'm on third and on a base hit I cross the plate only to have to move the bat in case there's a play at the plate for the runner behind me. What do you guys do, throw your bats at your dugout?

I just think as long as there are different kinds of bat drops and tosses, it won't be too bad.

EDIT: But I did notice a little redundancy in one of Ben's answers:

And uh... wouldn't it have been easier for him to say this?

Doesn't take a whole new feature to help out with our swinging at every pitch.
No of course not i wouldn't expect a player to throw a bat in the dugout. All I am saying is that it just looks odd in this particular screen, maybe it is the angle of the bat in the batters box I dunno, but it just doesn't seem right. I play baseball too and I've been in the same situation with crossing the plate so I know exactly what you mean, it's just something is bothering me in this image.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
MLB players don't have the magic defensive swing button.
Manny does, lol. Beam me up Scotty.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 60

Quote:
cant defend the new check swing thing. In the end if the game is not for you, dont buy it and move on.
Well, you seem to be doing a pretty good job with your Manny analogy, lol. Let the people discuss this stuff without you trying to cover for 2k. Nobody really knows, but geez, c'mon. Somebody could say if you don't like what's being said, move on. I stay out of here, but I want the game to be good, but....just sayin'
Old 01-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #38
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
In the end if the game is not for you, dont buy it and move on. i've done it and i am a much much bigger football fan then a baseball fan. I learned to get over it.
What if we want it to be for us, though? What if we felt things would be better for everyone'e sake if our input was relevant to their development cycle? What if they have so many things right with this game or that do better than the other game that it's disappointing to see the slightest of downfalls knock us away from a purchase, and if addressed then we would do so the next year?

Our "complaints" is another way of us putting something on the 2K11 wishlist. Get enough people behind it, and they'll hear you... maybe they'll even follow suit.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-27-2010, 12:21 AM   #39
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
i cant defend the new check swing thing, i have stated that many times. If you dont want to use defensive dont use it. Big time batters may want to use it. HOnestly. in every video baseball game i have played, i have Rarely used it. I am pretty damned good in baseball games as well *PVP*. I will be playing 2K10 obviously and not the show as i am not going to buy another baseball game when i got one. I Rather keep my money for God of War 3 and Super Street Fighter IV.

People just want to pile up on something before we even see how something works visually. In any game i wait and see what the final product is done. Just like i do with Madden, cept i was a effin ******* and bought 09. I seen how madden 10 was and i passed and you know what? i dont even have another football game to turntoo and i have a 360 and a PS3. I am just **** out of luck.

You are rambling on about has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

We can voice our displeasure constructively as baseball fans to have them improve the game.

There is no defensive swings in MLB that are done at will. To warrant a button. It doesn't happen. I have played baseball for 20 years of my life, coached, and even minor league levels, I wont indulge to you too much, but I will tell you from personal experience, and being around guys all the time, defensive swings are a result of missing your pitch. Nothing more. Nobody is taught to go up to the plate with a "defensive swing" in their minds. And this game puts that in the players minds.

You are always taught to put a ball in play in baseball from T-ball to the big leagues.

Checking is more crucial, and taken out. It is easy to judge a system with this glaring flaw before it comes out.

All or nothing swinging is not a sim. Sorry.

The arguments you present to me just don't make any sense to a baseball mindset.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 47

No check swing is huge to me. I hope they patch that or figure that this is important.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »