Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #185
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

I could not agree more with you, ninemorris. Notwithstanding everything you have just explained, which I have experienced all of it to a certain capacity, the fielding seems to be really really slow at times while whoever is running the bases keeps hustling like a Pete Rose in his prime, even the pitchers...

That being sad, this game really could be awesome if they were able to patch up these ridiculously unrealistic situations. For me, I would just be happy if my pitcher would get some run support, be able to cover first base, not give up a million two out hits every time (I feel like every single hitter that comes up always swings first pitch, too), fix the ridiculous achievement standards (biggest joke), and stop leaving my guy in for 10 innings as the away team and have him batting in the top half of the inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 2 outs. Because we all know that would happen in real life, right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #186
Pro

mjbird123's Arena

OVR: 32
Icon10 Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

MY my player's name is J.T. Lester is a right fielder/left fielder. He bats righty and throws right. IN his fist ab in the minors during the clutch moment hit a walkoff homer the other way. Then in his 2nd game hit a homer in his 2nd ab went 2-5 that game w/ a single homer and 3k's. He's on the Oakland AA team. We lost our last 2 in his last game went 2-4 w/ 2 doubles. I saved in the middle of his last game he's 0-1 w/ k.

He has 56power vs lefty 52 vs righty. 54contact vs lefty 51 vs righty. He will consist of great power above average contact, great arm decent with the leather and about average speed. That's J.T. Lester. Hope for him 2 become a star right fielder.y1:
Old 09-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #187
Rookie

worm91's Arena

OVR: 3

Hi guys. I'm in some desperate need of batting help. I'm new to baseball games and i'm trying to play this mode to keep me busy til NBA 2k drops, but I'm really starting to get frustrated. I just cant get the hitting timing right. My batting avg is .300, only because i have to simulate games to get it back up. I'm consistently going 1/5 or 0/4 through games. I've changed to the classic controller setup, is there a better camera angle to use or anything else i could do? I want to give this game a chance but after 2 days i don't seem to be improving and dont really want to waste my $90(Aus) dollar investment. Cheers
Old 09-19-2011, 12:05 AM   #188
Banned

can you get injured in my player at all??
Old 09-21-2011, 10:33 PM   #189
Rookie

Icon5 Really annoying pitching problem

Really am stumped on this one. I'm playing on PC, and cannot turn off the Total Control Pitching in My Player mode. I was able to turn it off for franchise and exhibition games, but when I make my player a starting pitcher it will not shut it off. I've tried hitting 4 and going in and it says that pitching is set to classic but I cannot pitch in classic mode.

I made a relief pitcher, and magically enough it worked and I can use the classic controls. Really, really frustrating. Anyone else having this problem? Any help on how to fix it would be great, I really would rather be a starter but I also want the classic controls.

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #190
Rookie

Do My Player skills detiorate with the player's age? If not, what is stopping you from playing for 30 years or something to break every record? I know there is a peak age factor in franchise mode, but does such a thing exist in My Player? I ask this because my player is turning 39 this season and I am having the best season of my career thus far, which, as a pitcher, seems odd.

I would also love to see the CPU manager make decisions based on this, like turning a career starting pitcher into a middle reliever or something...

Bruce
Old 11-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #191
Rookie

Well I found out what's stopping you from playing 30 years - the mentor just told me that this was my final season!

But I still don't see my skills deteriorating...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2012, 01:28 PM   #192
Rookie

Does anyone still play my player? I just picked up this game a couple days ago. I'm not that great at baseball games but I find my player pretty enjoyable. Each game lasts about 5-10 minutes so that's always a plus. Playing outfielder is really easy too, All I do is catch fly balls. I just need to work on my timing for hitting. I might have to change the sliders because I'm having alot of trouble.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »