Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #105
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Does anyone know if call-up goals are the same per position for any team, or are they variable?

In my career, I'm a starting pitcher, 65 OVR rated, spending the first year at AA in the Mariner's organization. During spring training 2012, I was blowing through opponent's lineups, not walking anyone, striking out 6 per start, with an ERA under 2. But to start the regular season, I was sent back to AA.

I understand about the call-up goals, but it seems odd that a call-up goal system would trump a dominating spring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #106
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieump413
Does anyone know if call-up goals are the same per position for any team, or are they variable?

In my career, I'm a starting pitcher, 65 OVR rated, spending the first year at AA in the Mariner's organization. During spring training 2012, I was blowing through opponent's lineups, not walking anyone, striking out 6 per start, with an ERA under 2. But to start the regular season, I was sent back to AA.

I understand about the call-up goals, but it seems odd that a call-up goal system would trump a dominating spring.
Call up goals are basically all that matter. From what I've seen anyway.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:49 AM   #107
MVP

Dirty Turtles's Arena

OVR: 10

I started a my player as a 1B/RF in the Mariners organization (randomly selected). I'm still in AA with the Jackson Generals, but our team is tearing it up. We're up 11 games on the 2nd place team in our division. Here are my stats through 23 games:

.315 AVG (29-92)
.366 OBP
.457 SLG
.823 OPS
1 HR
10 RBI
7 RUNS
6 DOUBLES
2 TRIPLES
7 WALKS
22 STRIKEOUTS
5 STOLEN BASES

I'm getting close to finishing all my goals, but I hope they keep me in AA because we should probably easily win the Southern League crown.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:05 AM   #108
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Still in the 2011 season, its 1st week of September. I have 11 major home runs, and just had a 23 game hit streak come to an end.

Last night, I started out with a Homer over the Monster and a Homer on the batters eye. So thats 7 runs by the 7th. So what happens to the pen? They allow 10 runs in an inning.

Do I have to hit 3 home runs just to win a game now?

Sad thing is, Boston got Pujols and they STILL suck.

@AdamdotH
Old 03-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #109
Rookie

SEShido's Arena

OVR: 1

Hey everyone. Long time luker, first time poster. I made two MPs over spring break (back on campus until May.) and I love this mode. The last 2K game I played was MLB 2K9 and that was a mess. It turned me off from buying 2K10, but I wanted to give this year's edition a chance.

My first MP started out in a LF/C in the Nationals organization. I spent 5 years tolling in the minors, until I switched positions to a 1B/C. I was disappointed because I wanted to be a contact hitter with speed, but ended up being a great defensive, power hitting 1st basemen.

One of the disappointing things I've noticed is that your organization doesn't allow you to test out the free agent market. I'd get re-signed by the Nats when my contract was up.

My 2nd MP is a CL/SU for the Pirates. I'm not sure if I should stick with them or not, since I'm not sure I can attract people to play with as a CL. Pitching was very difficult at first, but after I changed my delivery, and got the timing down with my pitches, I've been having a blast getting guys to pop up or strikeout. Haven't tried out franchise mode yet.
NFL: COWBOYS & JETS
NCAA FB & BB: FIGHTING IRISH & RED STORM
Old 03-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #110
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Are there no cutscenes in MyPlayer? I've noticed I'm not seeing close-ups of opposing hitters between pitches or stepping up to the plate.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 03-31-2011, 12:01 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3

Any advice on what skills to level as an SP? Have 3 pitches right now, all are rated about 57 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2011, 01:12 AM   #112
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

I got the game in from Amazon today and started a couple of these up, one as a SP and the other as a 1B. Man I SUCK at this game.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »