Home

MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #81
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 2K11 Official "My Player" Thread

Just finished my first season. I was only in the majors for the last month and we (Cards) didn't make the playoffs. So the game goes through the off season and I see the "departing players" screen. Sure enough - Pujols is on the list. Spring training kicks off so I can look at the transaction menu.....Cubs sign him to 6yr/15.5mil deal. WTF THE CUBS!!! I am so pissed. We have some joker from the minors playing first now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 02:56 AM   #82
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Are all catchers idiots, or is it just the minor league ones? My AA catcher constanly calls for pitches out of the zone when I'm behind in the count. Last game, it's bottom of the 9th with a runner on second. We're up by 2. I fall behind the batter 2-0 and yet he's calling for a fastball outside. Who in his right mind would do that?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 1

I wasn't thinking when I created myself as a starting pitcher for the Phillies...it might be awhile before they call me up, lol. I've just about completed all the Call-Up Goals but to be honest I wouldn't want to be starting in the bigs as a mid 60's player, will probably get rocked. Will the game bring up a SP but use him in a RP role his first year or so?

Also does it bother anyone else that the overlay and commands for throwing to specific bases are reversed? (X) to first base? That's clearly third!
Old 03-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #84
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzreq
Also does it bother anyone else that the overlay and commands for throwing to specific bases are reversed? (X) to first base? That's clearly third!
Yeah, that throws me for a loop too. The overlays are especially disorienting.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #85
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I wasn't thinking when I created myself as a starting pitcher for the Phillies...it might be awhile before they call me up, lol. I've just about completed all the Call-Up Goals but to be honest I wouldn't want to be starting in the bigs as a mid 60's player, will probably get rocked. Will the game bring up a SP but use him in a RP role his first year or so?

Best thing to do if you don't want to get called up is leave one of the call up goals below its number, you can spend sometime in the minors and beef up your other stats while also getting a fresh year in the majors when your ready, I went this route and I came up as a 74 second baseman for the Twins and I haven't struggled as much as I would have if I came up as mid 60's guy.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2011, 06:13 PM   #86
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

you can switch the controls to match the regular game. Not sure if you can get rid of overlay or if it doesn't correctly match if you do reverse the controls. I don't think I've ever paid attention to it.

I think they reverse them since your perspective is reversed in my player. However, I would rather it be a little disorienting and keep it consistant between all modes.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:26 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 5

yeah, the pitching overlays confused me at first too.

i fiddled around with different position, changing em every week or so. found out OF was the most boring defensively, infield+catcher a lil less so.

yeah, the popups to the OF 80% of the time i power swung were getting a lil annoying too. especially when i was pulling down on my left-stick.

just made it to the bigs in my 3rd month or so. hitting .250 in 3 games. i'm probably gonna give up on my power swing until i can get my attributes up.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

The Phils moved Joe Blanton to the bullpen, I guess they weren't satisfied with his 8-14 record and 5+ era. I got called up on 8/24 and in my first start threw a complete game shutout, so much for getting knocked around. My teams defense saved the day on many occasions, gobbling up everything that came their way. I definitely like this mode more now that there's an announcing team telling me how great I am, lol. It gets a bit lonely with just the ambient noise.

I ran into a couple jams in my second start, giving up 2 runs but still managed to squeak out a 3-2 victory while going 7 innings.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »