Home

MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

I really enjoyed MLB2k11. It was far from perfect, but it was a solid baseball game in my opinion. I love the presentation and commentary, way better than that other game. Now all VC needs to do is polish what was wrong last year. Better Strategy AI, get rid of the ball warping in the glove, better dynamic attendance and reactions of the crowd, stats bug in franchise and MLB today mode, Better uniform variety...etc. Graphics, well don't know if VC can get too MLB the SHOW level, but hopefully they are better with the faces. I look forward too MLB2K12 and I'm still playing this more than other sports games I have. So hopefully 2k will continue with the series after 2012 and if EA makes one for 2013, great!!! That's more choices for us as consumers and that's a good thing.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
You guys may hope....but it's not the case.
Sorry.
It would be the best move EA could make though, but Madden it is for the man.

M.K.
Knight165
I'm not a big EA/MVP guy, so if it happens either way it is what it is.

Sent from Awesome Phone
Old 01-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

The best thing that could happen to this series is that it got ripped down to the ground floor and built back up again by one development team. To me the series has been hurt by being passed around from one development team to another each having its own interpretation of what the game should be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The best thing that could happen to this series is that it got ripped down to the ground floor and built back up again by one development team. To me the series has been hurt by being passed around from one development team to another each having its own interpretation of what the game should be.
That's exactly what happened to their NHL series.
It was great when Treyarch worked on it (2K2, 2K3), but then Treyarch was hired by Activision for it's Spiderman games so it was passed on to Kush (2K4-2K8).
They really hurt the series.
VC took over half-way through 2K9's development and things started to look up.
2K10 wasn't bad and 2K11 had solid gameplay.
But by then, it was only on the Wii and they canceled the entire series this past year.
It would be a shame if MLB2K suffered the same demise.

Take-Two is a big freakin' company. It has some massive IP's so I don't understand why they don't invest some money into their sports line.

I have a feeling they're going to reboot everything for next-gen consoles in 2014.
I hope that's the case. VC has a good track record and has shown it can turn projects around.
But like you said, it's tough to continuously recycle other people's work and try to make it your own.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
That's exactly what happened to their NHL series.
It was great when Treyarch worked on it (2K2, 2K3), but then Treyarch was hired by Activision for it's Spiderman games so it was passed on to Kush (2K4-2K8).
They really hurt the series.
VC took over half-way through 2K9's development and things started to look up.
2K10 wasn't bad and 2K11 had solid gameplay.
But by then, it was only on the Wii and they canceled the entire series this past year.
It would be a shame if MLB2K suffered the same demise.

Take-Two is a big freakin' company. It has some massive IP's so I don't understand why they don't invest some money into their sports line.

I have a feeling they're going to reboot everything for next-gen consoles in 2014.
I hope that's the case. VC has a good track record and has shown it can turn projects around.
But like you said, it's tough to continuously recycle other people's work and try to make it your own.
nem and money are on the money.
next gen will bring a big reboot i think.
and hopefully some more competition will bring out the beast in them.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 3
Talking Re: MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

Take-Two's message towards MLB 2K12 is HERE'S A MILLION DOLLARS!. NOW HIT THE ROAD!
Old 01-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4
2k Ronnie tweeted before the holidays that he will be returning to his office next Monday so we should be getting 2k12 info by this time next week.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #40
Rookie

foofighter2455's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbman
2k Ronnie tweeted before the holidays that he will be returning to his office next Monday so we should be getting 2k12 info by this time next week.
Info = Photoshopped screen shot and some exciting data that MLB 2K12 will feature every team in the NL and AL this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »