Home

MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #57
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
While it's all opinion anyway, SCEA rewrote their code for their ball physics this year, so this statement might become past tense for you.

On the other hand, 2K Sports might have done the exact same thing, but we have yet to see anything. For all we know, they might be doing the thing that they did with 2K7 (completely re-inventive, but way behind schedule and cramming to get the job done).

For me, 2K has always made incredibly fun video games. As long as they always keep the video game aspect in mind for these games, I will have a whole lot of trouble questioning their game-making decisions. If the PS3 version catches up in visuals compared to that of the 360 counterpart (much like the NBA 2K series did this past fall), that will just make things that much better.
I couldn't agree more. However, they are close to having a good sim baseball game. Graphics need improvement yes. Some animations need improvement yes. But, they've figured out a way to master presentation, and the pitching is awesome.

Improvements that should be made:
Player models
Swing animations
Speed of the game (sometimes it just seems so fast then so slow)
Graphics (I see a lot of jaggies)

Personally, I get great games in the 2 days I've had this game. Improve the graphics, get better player models, fix the swing mechanics and I'm down. But I'll never be serious about this game until they do that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »