Home

MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Obviously this series isn't for you. Might be time to move on

Sent from Awesome Phone
I got a PS3 over 2 years ago cause I got tired of hoping, so you know I moved on.. but I'm a big fan of major league baseball, so I also check out what MLB 2K is like every year. That's alright, right ?

Sent from Awesome PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MLB 2K12’s Cover Is Everything The Game Should Be, But Likely Won’t (StickSkills)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILurk
I got a PS3 over 2 years ago cause I got tired of hoping, so you know I moved on.. but I'm a big fan of major league baseball, so I also check out what MLB 2K is like every year. That's alright, right ?

Sent from Awesome PC
Your money, do as you please

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 01-06-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #43
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter2455
Info = Photoshopped screen shot and some exciting data that MLB 2K12 will feature every team in the NL and AL this year.

Yeah, because that's all the info we got last year...
Old 01-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Some of that was lies and hype though. "Player body types have also received a complete overhaul." ? Where ?

New hit types ? There's no infield flys in 2K11. They're just tellin' people what they wanna hear.

I don't like the way they promote their game.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 8

iLurk, for someone who seemingly hates this series so much, you sure post in this section a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2012, 06:37 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Some of that was lies and hype though. "Player body types have also received a complete overhaul." ? Where ?

New hit types ? There's no infield flys in 2K11. They're just tellin' people what they wanna hear.

Please stop. Your making yourself look bad

Sent from Awesome Phone
Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #47
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:

You must not have played 2K10 and/or 2K11 very much. The lower bodies of the players did receive a nice upgrade. Just go back and look at 2K10 and 2K11 players while batting. It is noticeable imo.

If you don't think the hit variety was improved then I don't know what to say. The hit variety was greatly improved in 2K11 over 2K10 (it was very weak in 2K10 imo) even if the infield flies were still very low (I do think I saw some though).

I'm not crazy about how they promote their game though either. I think the perfect game contest is a waste of money. 2K generally does a poor job with their demos that lack commentary and are usually from an early, rough build. I'd like to see more interaction with the forums. Ronnie2K needs to provide info when he says he'll have it instead of over promising and under delivering.

This forum is pretty good for discussing the pros and cons of this game but you have to be fair.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 01-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #48
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You must not have played 2K10 and/or 2K11 very much. The lower bodies of the players did receive a nice upgrade. Just go back and look at 2K10 and 2K11 players while batting. It is noticeable imo.

If you don't think the hit variety was improved then I don't know what to say. The hit variety was greatly improved in 2K11 over 2K10 (it was very weak in 2K10 imo) even if the infield flies were still very low (I do think I saw some though).

I'm not crazy about how they promote their game though either. I think the perfect game contest is a waste of money. 2K generally does a poor job with their demos that lack commentary and are usually from an early, rough build. I'd like to see more interaction with the forums. Ronnie2K needs to provide info when he says he'll have it instead of over promising and under delivering.

This forum is pretty good for discussing the pros and cons of this game but you have to be fair.
Rudy is correct, and I also question how much you actually played 2K10/11, ILurk....

In 2K10, there was very little difference between a big player such as Prince Fielder and a smaller guy like Pedroia. In 2K11, there was a big difference in body types and sizes...fat guys actually looked fat, etc...and the hit variety in 2K11 was much improved...it's pretty obvious to anyone who has actually spent times with both games....Bottom line is that 2K11 was a big improvement over 2K10, which is the info they gave us leading up to last year's release. Yes, 2K should do a better job with releasing their info, but as long as they improve the game like they did last year (and hopefully do a better job of ironing out the bugs), that's all that really matters.

Last edited by jeffy777; 01-08-2012 at 12:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »