Home

Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

This is a discussion on Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2011, 03:37 PM   #65
Rookie

emath's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ratings Calculator!!! (download enclosed)

The program stopped working quite a while back. You can still use the minor league tab, and manually input the stats, and get most of the ratings you need.

You will just have to manually enter the pitch specific ratings yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 4

I Dl'd this but all Im getting is a blank screen. Im not used to dealing w/ spread sheets so can someone clue me as to what Im doing wrong? Thank you to anyone who can help. I tried going through the thread but still could not figure it out. My Gf is convalescing from hip surgery so I was kind of distracted. Thank you!
Old 04-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 10

Artdog:

Use the tabs at the bottom of the screen to access the different parts of the spreadsheet, all the data entry is on the tabs labled "Offense and Baserunning" and "Defense and Durability" which will feed into the "Ratings" tab which is sectioned off by position, whatever position a player plays, those are his ratings. Get the stats from www.baseball-reference.com and the year specific heights and weights mentioned on the player info page (the blank screen I assume you are dealing with, basically there for a reminder of info you need to make a player) on www.baseballalmanac.com. PM me if you need help with the stat entry, or if you still only get a blank screen, and I will do my best to lead you through it, thanks!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 AM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter77
Artdog:

Use the tabs at the bottom of the screen to access the different parts of the spreadsheet, all the data entry is on the tabs labled "Offense and Baserunning" and "Defense and Durability" which will feed into the "Ratings" tab which is sectioned off by position, whatever position a player plays, those are his ratings. Get the stats from www.baseball-reference.com and the year specific heights and weights mentioned on the player info page (the blank screen I assume you are dealing with, basically there for a reminder of info you need to make a player) on www.baseballalmanac.com. PM me if you need help with the stat entry, or if you still only get a blank screen, and I will do my best to lead you through it, thanks!
Thanks bud! Spreadsheets came up. I have not had a chance to really dig in and get started ut hopefully will soon. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 AM   #69
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Should I be getting rating fields that are a negative number or over 100?
Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #70
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

Also should we be doing a 3 year average where 2010 is 50% & 2009 and 2009 are weighted at 25%. Also, where does Zips come in? Because I inputed Michael Youngs stats this way and he came in at only a 71 & 80 contact, which just seems a little low, since he's one of the best contact hitters in baseball.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 10

Think of negatives as a 0 rating and anything over 100 as a 99 rating.

As for three year averages, or more even, do as you wish, just find out the total stats for the years you want and enter them in, it will work just the same. It won't weigh the years like Bahnzo's program did though, I'm not that good...

As for the ratings, contact is based on BA against rightys and leftys, perhaps that year Young didn't hit as well as usual, not everybody is going to be a 90+, I think you will like the results... Enjoy!!!

Last edited by Kritter77; 04-17-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #72
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritter77
Think of negatives as a 0 rating and anything over 100 as a 99 rating.

As for three year averages, or more even, do as you wish, just find out the total stats for the years you want and enter them in, it will work just the same. It won't weigh the years like Bahnzo's program did though, I'm not that good...

As for the ratings, contact is based on BA against rightys and leftys, perhaps that year Young didn't hit as well as usual, not everybody is going to be a 90+, I think you will like the results... Enjoy!!!
the only thing I'm worried about is that I put Ichiro's stats in as well, and he came out to a 79 & 82 against RH & LH respectively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »