Home

MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #1721
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 11 "Road To The Show" thread

Well after going 10/10 in save opportunities and posting a spotless 0.00 ERA through April 27 in my 2nd season I was promoted to AAA Charlotte in the White Sox organization, and am now in the bullpen up there.

Definitely excited about the new opportunity and hope that I do well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 05:37 AM   #1722
Rookie

Kentucky_Gentleman's Arena

Wow. I almost feel pathetic for how much I played tonight, but that's how addicting this mode is.

I played my whole second year, and finished up AAA. Surprisingly mid-season I was traded to the Mets straight up for K-Rod, lol. However I remained in AAA.

I appeared in 49 games and went 4-2 again but this time posted a 2.08 ERA in AAA and even earned 4 saves. My strikeout rate dropped however has I only struck out 36 in 52 innings pitched. Still a great year.

In the off-season the Mets offered me a 1 year 412,000 dollar contract for the MLB Bullpen so I definitely accepted.

I just made my debut in a 1-0 game against the Braves and the first batter I faced was Dan Uggla and I struck him out. I then retired the next to Braves to post a scoreless inning in my debut.

I'm finally going to call it a night, but I'm loving this mode, and especially the closer/bullpen role.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:38 AM   #1723
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ok pitchers, right now i have a 4 seam,changeup and slider,i want to be a strickeout pitcher. What pitch should i add?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #1724
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I get a ton of Ks with my rtts pitcher and I run with a RFB, Cir Change, 12-6 Curve, Slider, and Cutter. My strikeout pitches are usually the RFB, Curve, and Change. But it really depends on how you use them.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #1725
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Gentleman
Played a lot of my with my Closer RTTS today, and definitely have been dominant. I started the night with a 4.42 ERA.

I'm now in the middle of August in my first year of AA and have my ERA down to 2.97, and it just keeps dipping. I really like doing a reliever. It's mostly high pressure situations you're in and it's just a lot of fun. I'd definitely suggest it to anyone (especially if you're having a tough time hitting as I was.)

Hopefully I'll finish up strong in AA, and start next year in AAA or earn a September call-up. Who knows?
The only down side (its like it in real life to) is a few bad outings can ruin your ERA for a long time. I'm also a closer and I wasnt just handed the closers job once I got to the big leagues. I had to work my ways up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #1726
Rookie

OVR: 1

So is it fun to be a closer?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #1727
Rookie

Slasher727's Arena

Hey guys, right now am currently tryingto keep my 27 Game Hit Streak alive, so I'm doing pretty well. I play 1B and secondary 3B. My BA is just over .300 at about .302. I am in my rookie season playing AA for the Minor league Rangers after the Phillies traded me while on my hit streak which was stupid on their part. I am tied with 2 other guys for HR leader with 17. And the same 2 guys are beating me in RBI one of them by 6, the other by 11. Can't wait to make it to The Show!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:40 PM   #1728
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Question for my fellow starting pitchers. Are you guys getting ANY run support when you watch the games? I'm not talking about simulating to your next appearance but rather when you watch your teammates bat. My team NEVER scores any runs when I watch them. All they do is pop out on the infield and strke out. The most runs I've ever gotten while watching a game is 2.
I'm not watching them bat (guess I'm not seeing the option to do that?), but I agree that I don't get much run support. I've lost 2 games where my team got shut out, and had a few others where I got very little run support. I'll have to check to see where the team's offense is ranked, they may just suck.

My SS was named the starter at AAA with 3 games left in the season. This is OKC, and they won the division with a 1 game lead. My bat finally caught fire and I'm hitting .333 for the post-season (through the first two series, we won the PCL and are getting ready to play the Tides for the AAA title). In the first series, we won 3 games to 1, the second series we won the first 2, lost the next 2 and then won the final game. In the first series, I scored the walk-off run in the final game on a sac fly after I'd hit a triple. In the final game of the 2nd series, I drove in the only 2 runs we scored with a 2-out double in the 6th, and we won the game 2-1. For the postseason so far, I've hit 4 triples, 3 doubles, scored 6 runs, and drove in 8, stealing 4 bases and only getting caught once.

I'll try to finish that post season in the new few days, and give a full report afterwards. Looks like this postseason tear has counted towards my AAA season stats, so my average for the partial season in AAA actually looks respectable now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »