Home

Those get up and yell moments...

This is a discussion on Those get up and yell moments... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #81

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Those get up and yell moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GGERT D0G
Exactly, there were no runs from the 10th on. Very boring game, it lasted about 3 hours.
Did you watch all cutscenes or something? Cause a game with no runs, should take like 40-45 minutes. Since yours was 22 innings, that should be maybe 2 hours at most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #82
Pro

MIKEY93's Arena

OVR: 10

Playing the D'backs in the rubber game at Citi Field. Looked like a pitchers' duel going into the top of the 6th when ARI scored 5 runs off my relievers (they led 5-2). I was like, "Not again -__-." But my team came back later on to tie it up & I was jumping & yelling at the TV after Torres hit a 2-out, game-tying triple in the 7th. Then, I took the lead with a single from Valdespin. But of course, my bullpen would blow it again, allowing 2 runs in the 8th. Bottom 8th, after Davis was inches away from hitting a HR, Bay hits a HR to tie the game. I was pumped & yelling at the other team. Then of course, my bullpen gives up another run (can't these guys pitch a solid inning for once! *hyperbole*). I had to face J.J. Putz, who hasn't blown a save nor allowed a run in 7 opportunities. I put Nieuwenhuis to pinch-hit for the pitcher & he hits a leadoff, ground-rule double. I was cheering on. Then Torres comes out who ties the game with a double of his own to tie the game 8-8! Valdespin walks [See a trend here? Rookies Nieuwenhuis & Valdespin, along with Quintanilla, have been playing good for my team]. Then David Wright, who was kinda in a slump. Facing Ziegler & he hits a single through the left side, Torres scores, & the Mets win it!!! I was jumping around pretending I was in the team & giving high-fives.

Last edited by MIKEY93; 06-30-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:42 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 11

In the top of the 9th inning, I rally back from down 2-1 to take the 3-2 lead. In the bottom of the inning, I bring in Mariano Rivera, who gives up a leadoff hit, then two quick outs leaving the runner at first, with two outs and the pitcher's spot up, they use some no-name as a pinch-hitter and he hits a walk-off, come-from-behind home run...
Old 06-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #84
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEY93
Playing the D'backs in the rubber game at Citi Field. Looked like a pitchers' duel going into the top of the 6th when ARI scored 5 runs off my relievers (they led 5-2). I was like, "Not again -__-." But my team came back later on to tie it up & I was jumping & yelling at the TV after Torres hit a 2-out, game-tying triple in the 7th. Then, I took the lead with a single from Valdespin. But of course, my bullpen would blow it again, allowing 2 runs in the 8th. Bottom 8th, after Davis was inches away from hitting a HR, Bay hits a HR to tie the game. I was pumped & yelling at the other team. Then of course, my bullpen gives up another run (can't these guys pitch a solid inning for once! *hyperbole*). I had to face J.J. Putz, who hasn't blown a save nor allowed a run in 7 opportunities. I put Nieuwenhuis to pinch-hit for the pitcher & he hits a leadoff, ground-rule double. I was cheering on. Then Torres comes out who dies the game with a double of his own to tie the game 8-8! Valdespin walks [See a trend here? Rookies Nieuwenhuis & Valdespin, along with Quintanilla, have been playing good for my team]. Then David Wright, who was kinda in a slump. Facing Ziegler & he hits a single through the left side, Torres scores, & the Mets win it!!! I was jumping around pretending I was in the team & giving high-fives.
Awesome. I swear its the same with my Mets franchise. The bullpen is so unpredictable. I can be cruising and then all of a sudden a 4 spot by the CPU...sounds familiar...
Old 06-29-2012, 04:59 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 9

That's because the Mets have a ****ty bullpen. They really only have two guys that are worth anything, I don't know if that's the case in AZ or not as I don't know the team very well. I would suggest with both teams though to always after the sixth too have at least two guys up at all times.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #86
Rookie

redsoxfan25's Arena

OVR: 5

I created myself and put myself on the Pawsox.

One run lead late in the game. Knocking in 2 runs as insurance with your own guy.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:46 PM   #87
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

My Cubs, playing at home against the Reds. Pitchers duel going into the 7th inning, when Jordan Zimmermann(acquired in a trade) decided that 0-0 wasnt any fun, starts throwing batting practice, coupled with relievers, give up 7 runs. David DeJesus hits a 3 run shot in the bottom half, giving me slight life. Gets to the bottom of the 9th, i load the bases with 1 out. Soriano, who has been having a career resurrection this season, proceeds to pop out on a hanging slider down the middle. No worries, i have Bryan LaHair coming up, flies out to the ivy in right to end it. I almost spiked my controller to the ceiling.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Old 06-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #88
Pro

MIKEY93's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathJohnson
In the top of the 9th inning, I rally back from down 2-1 to take the 3-2 lead. In the bottom of the inning, I bring in Mariano Rivera, who gives up a leadoff hit, then two quick outs leaving the runner at first, with two outs and the pitcher's spot up, they use some no-name as a pinch-hitter and he hits a walk-off, come-from-behind home run...
It's always the no-names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Awesome. I swear its the same with my Mets franchise. The bullpen is so unpredictable. I can be cruising and then all of a sudden a 4 spot by the CPU...sounds familiar...
It be like that. Parnell has an ERA over 8. Rauch, Byrdak, Ramírez, & sometimes Batista pitch solid. Last game, I lost on a walf-off hit by Wigginton.. he swung 3-0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »