Home

Those get up and yell moments...

This is a discussion on Those get up and yell moments... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3
Those get up and yell moments...

OK, so i was playing as my Rays vs the Mariners, and Hector Noesi had me early on his changeup, and late on his fastball all game. The game was tied 0-0 only cause Alex Cobb was also pitching really good for me. Anyways, After struggling against Noesi for 7 innings, only managing 2 measly hits, I finally connected on a hanging change-up with Zobrist, and it looked like a warning track shot, but it just had enough to go over the center field wall. As soon as it went over, I jumped off my bed, and started running laps inside my house yelling F*** ya Zobrist!!!!!!

The show is basically the only game that gets this kind of reaction out of me. And I was just wondering if there's others that flip out like this. So what makes you get out of your seat??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Those get up and yell moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
OK, so i was playing as my Rays vs the Mariners, and Hector Noesi had me early on his changeup, and late on his fastball all game. The game was tied 0-0 only cause Alex Cobb was also pitching really good for me. Anyways, After struggling against Noesi for 7 innings, only managing 2 measly hits, I finally connected on a hanging change-up with Zobrist, and it looked like a warning track shot, but it just had enough to go over the center field wall. As soon as it went over, I jumped off my bed, and started running laps inside my house yelling F*** ya Zobrist!!!!!!

The show is basically the only game that gets this kind of reaction out of me. And I was just wondering if there's others that flip out like this. So what makes you get out of your seat??
I was playing as the rays in my RTTS, and we had a one game playoff at the end of my callup season (2012)! We were playing the red sox, and even though I had the highest rating on rays and was batting .360, I wasn't starting (good time for day off! ) Joe calls on me to pinch hit in the bottom of the ninth. We are down by 3. Bases loaded, 2 outs and facing Carlos Marmol! High pressure situation! The first pitch comes high and inside with a curve. I didn't like that! The next pitch he throws me a middle inside fastball that I crush into left center for a WALKOFF GRANDSLAM TO MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS!!! It reminded me of Longo last year! I couldn't wipe my smile off my face! I was so excited!!! Glad for Zobrist too haha! Go RAYS!
Old 06-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

My 'get up and yell moments' aren't always of the "**** yeah, Zobrist" variety. Though, one of the words may be similar. Two if my Yanks are playing The Rays.

I'll um, just leave that there.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #4
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuboy11
I was playing as the rays in my RTTS, and we had a one game playoff at the end of my callup season (2012)! We were playing the red sox, and even though I had the highest rating on rays and was batting .360, I wasn't starting (good time for day off! ) Joe calls on me to pinch hit in the bottom of the ninth. We are down by 3. Bases loaded, 2 outs and facing Carlos Marmol! High pressure situation! The first pitch comes high and inside with a curve. I didn't like that! The next pitch he throws me a middle inside fastball that I crush into left center for a WALKOFF GRANDSLAM TO MAKE IT TO THE PLAYOFFS!!! It reminded me of Longo last year! I couldn't wipe my smile off my face! I was so excited!!! Glad for Zobrist too haha! Go RAYS!
Congrats man , i can't seem to stick to RTTS that long till i finally get called up. But i would've done plenty of laps around my house.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
My 'get up and yell moments' aren't always of the "**** yeah, Zobrist" variety. Though, one of the words may be similar. Two if my Yanks are playing The Rays.

I'll um, just leave that there.
Ya, me and the Yanks have a pretty heated rivalry in the show. And Josh Hamilton signed with them after 2012 in my franchise, so right now i despise them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 02:06 PM   #6
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
Ya, me and the Yanks have a pretty heated rivalry in the show. And Josh Hamilton signed with them after 2012 in my franchise, so right now i despise them.
I hope to sign him in the offseason too!!!

So, you can despise my Yanks as well.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:47 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

My latest and greatest get up and yell moment happened at 1:20 am on Friday morning. Wife was not happy.

Game 7 of the World Series.

As Matty V. said, "Move over, Joe Carter, this series is over."
Old 06-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #8

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

For me, it's usually when the other team gets hit after hit after hit after hit after hit. All on like 7-8 pitches.

Or when you make a human error in the game, and the AI capitalizes on it, but you know you'll never get that type of error from the AI cause they obviously don't make human errors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »