Home

Those get up and yell moments...

This is a discussion on Those get up and yell moments... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-10-2012, 01:28 AM   #25
Rookie

h4mbon3s's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Those get up and yell moments...

i throw bases around my room sometimes... occasionally pretend that the rosin bag is a grenade.. the usual.
Mizzou
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 01:36 AM   #26
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
I like to think that whenever I rage quit( not very often) that I'm the manager and I just got ejected. I throw my controller down and just sit there. So when I cool down I'll just end up simming the game, as if I wasn't playing(managing) anymore.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #27
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
I like to think that whenever I rage quit( not very often) that I'm the manager and I just got ejected. I throw my controller down and just sit there. So when I cool down I'll just end up simming the game, as if I wasn't playing(managing) anymore.
Lol, if i did that then i'd basically be simming half of the games i play
Old 06-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #28

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

I just had a ball that was clearly foul, but it was called fair and I lost the game cause of that.

It bounced over the base and landed in foul territory but it was called fair...
Old 06-10-2012, 03:36 PM   #29
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I didn't really notice how much I "interacted" with the game until this thread...

Last night I realized that I have a running commentary / trash talk fest going with Vasgersian (I'm a one man booth guy), my players, the opponents, umpires, people in the stands, the stadium announcer...

Pretty much everybody all the time...

It is both profane and(often) hilarious...

Good times!

Old 06-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Was that a walk off to win the World Series? Either way, congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishthomas
My latest and greatest get up and yell

moment happened at 1:20 am on Friday morning. Wife was not happy.

Game 7 of the World Series.

As Matty V. said, "Move over, Joe Carter, this series is over."
Old 06-10-2012, 09:32 PM   #31
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Playing the Rays. They scored 6 runs off of Ivan Nova in the 2nd inning to make the score 6-0. I pulled Nova for Garcia, who had been crap so far to that point in the season, so I wasnt expecting much out of him. But he managed to come in and look like the All Star Freddy Garcia from way back when. I slowly started chipping away at the huge lead. In inning number 8 Tex tied the game at 6-6 on an RBI double. The game went into extra innings. Freddy Garcia made it to the eighth inning. By inning 11 I had David Aardsma doing the pitching. Inning 11 was an uneventful one, Russell Martin flied out, and Gardener grounded out. Derek Jeter came to the plate, and quickly got 2 strikes on him. But then after fouling off several pitches, Jeter connected on a fastball straight down the middle, and the ball bounced on the top of the wall in right for one of those Yankee Stadium homeruns that would have been a flyout anywhere else. Game over. I jumped up and yelled "CAPTAIN!" as loud as I could.

Last edited by bronxbombers21325; 06-10-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsonoma
Was that a walk off to win the World Series? Either way, congrats!
Thanks for the congrats, and yes, walk off in the bottom of the 14th to win game 7.

I posted a longer description of the entire playoffs in the PROGRESS thread, but long story short...I played a full season as the White Sox and lost Game 7 of the WS to the Rockies on a 9th inning suicide squeeze. So, after some time off, I started a new season with the Rockies while I waited for '12 to come out. Finally finished that season last Thursday night/Friday morning. Went up 2-0 in the series, dropped the next 2, won game 5 so I'm up 3-2. Lost game 6 giving up the tying and go ahead runs on stupid errors. Game 7 neither one of us can push the winning run across the plate despite getting people on base and in scoring position.

After that Youkilis play in the 12th where he managed to get Tulo on a ball I was sure had gotten past 3rd, I thought I was in for another massive WS letdown. Had to put the controller down and walk around several times, but what a finish.

Last edited by chrishthomas; 06-11-2012 at 09:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »