Home

Those get up and yell moments...

This is a discussion on Those get up and yell moments... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Those get up and yell moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Right this very moment I'm facing R.A. Dickey. It's my first time ever playing against a knuckleball pitcher, in any video game, ever.

Needless to say, I'm doing a lot of getting-up-and-yelling.
As a Mets fan how the hell you play against them I find ot harder then hell.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 06-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbostic92
Lol i thought i was the only one that high fives the players. I also do the little jump up high five that the rays do.
I ALWAYS line up for the "high five around" after a win...

They never come easily, so I need to celebrate with my "2D Crew"...

Also:

Do any of you classic pitchers find yourself mirroring the pitchers gestures in between pitches in a critical situation?

I often find myself mopping my brow, running my hand through my hair, looking up to the sky, etc. only to return to the screen and see my pitcher doing pretty much the exact same moves...

Old 06-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

Paul Konerko game-tying three-run homerun in the bottom of the eighth followed by a walk-off suicide squeeze in the ninth got me up. And every single save I complete gets me out of my seat. I lose sleep from blown saves...
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground
Old 06-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I ALWAYS line up for the "high five around" after a win...

They never come easily, so I need to celebrate with my "2D Crew"...

Also:

Do any of you classic pitchers find yourself mirroring the pitchers gestures in between pitches in a critical situation?

I often find myself mopping my brow, running my hand through my hair, looking up to the sky, etc. only to return to the screen and see my pitcher doing pretty much the exact same moves...

I'm not using classic but I'm still one that does it. I am also the one that yells at the tv for anything that don't go my way, ump blows a call, "what the hell blue where'd that miss" etc. Needless to say if my tv heard me I'd never get to finish the game!
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 PM   #21
Banned

msuboy11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HechticSooner
I'm not using classic but I'm still one that does it. I am also the one that yells at the tv for anything that don't go my way, ump blows a call, "what the hell blue where'd that miss" etc. Needless to say if my tv heard me I'd never get to finish the game!
I agree! If the 1st base umpire could hear(and see ) what I did after he calls one of my check swings a swing when it's not, I would have a couple suspensions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 6

This is great stuff, everyone, I've been lmaowhatever all the way through...

I yell at the tv so much, my roommate now won't respond when I actually do call out something to him. He just assumes I'm yelling at the umpire/pitcher/hitter/myself, whatever. I don't even realize I'm doing it. If I ever catch on fire I'm going to actually have to go in the room he's in, because he'll just assume as I'm yelling "I'm on fire! I'm on fire!" that I just struck out the side again.

As for getting up and yelling, I'm old and fat, so there's not so much getting up, but I have been finding, as I'm finally winning some games with the Cubs in 2013 after a miserable 2012, I'm throwing my hands in the air a lot, even to the point that I've accidentally thrown the controller across the room (horribly inconvenient if it happens to be charging at that moment). I signed David Wright, and he started the season like 2-40 or something, then, in a game against Strasburg (he's on the Cardinals somehow; got to watch those trades better!) where he was just dominating me, I finally got a clutch, 2 out, 2 run double from Wright in the 7th inning to go up 2-1. I screamed, I yelled, I told David how he was worth every penny of the 15 mil I'm paying him over 2 years (the mets only offered him 10 over 2; I guess loyalty only goes so far), at that moment I loved David Wright like I've never loved another human being. And I'm a Braves fan. So yeah, this game gets me all het up, as we say down here, in a way that even NCAA, much as I love it, doesn't quite do (though I will admit I do some trash talking when I beat Fla with UGA; I mean, I can't do it much in real life, so...).
Old 06-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Also:

Hells yeah! That is hilarious, I do the exact same thing. Take off my hat (usually not wearing one), mop my brow (I'm not really sweating--usually), run my fingers through my hair (any product I have in there is NOT going to make my virtual ball move more), remind myself to breath, all that. On top of that, I talk to myself like I'm my own catcher (in Crash Davis's voice, of course). "Come on, meat, one more strike. You can do it. Don't think, it can only hurt the ballclub." I never used to do that with meter pitching--just press the buttons in the right combination, and you're cool. But with classic, it can get real hairy, real fast.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:23 AM   #24
Stambot is loading...

tbbucsfan001's Arena

OVR: 13

I have also gotten up, thrown my hat down, and kicked invisible dirt at umpires...
“Talking nonsense is the sole privilege mankind possesses over the other organisms. It's by talking nonsense that one gets to the truth! I talk nonsense, therefore I'm human” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Notes from Underground

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »