Home

Those get up and yell moments...

This is a discussion on Those get up and yell moments... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Those get up and yell moments...

Was sitting on first pitch curveball with Lillibridge, used the power swing, watched the ball sail over the center field wall, flipped my controller like Brett Boone and pimp walked around my room for five minutes lol
Old 06-09-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Banned

nowitsourtime's Arena

OVR: 6

Hitting a walkoff homerun with Ben Revere in my Twins franchise. Felt good to give my favorite player his first homerun and on a walkoff no less.

First time I got that excited over something that happened in a video game in a long time.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:33 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
My 'get up and yell moments' aren't always of the "**** yeah, Zobrist" variety. Though, one of the words may be similar. Two if my Yanks are playing The Rays.

I'll um, just leave that there.
Yeah, forgot to mention in my earlier post. Although I had the happy variety get up and yell moment in the bottom of the 14th of that game I posted highlights for, there were several of the not so happy variety preceding that. In fact, two are on the highlight film...

one was just frustrating-Fowler got into that ball in the bottom of the ninth with runners on 2nd and 3rd, thought it was gonna get down, but Ellsbury had a speed burst and tracked it down.

the other one was maddening, I was certain I had won the game in the bottom of the 12th on that Tulo sharp grounder that Youkilis managed to snare as it crossed the bag, and then going 3 or 4 steps into foul territory turned and still got Tulo out as Fowler was headed home for the win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 03:48 PM   #12
Rookie

h4mbon3s's Arena

OVR: 0

i was playing against my brother on his franchise, his team is ridiculous. it's stacked 1-9 and his pitching is just sick. i'm playing with the dodgers and it's 1-1 in the bottom of the ninth. matt kemp comes to the plate and gets a fastball right in the middle of the zone, i crank a line drive that just barely squeezed over the fence and won the game.

Alcohol was involved so a lot of cursing and yelling ensued immediately after haha.
Mizzou
Old 06-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

So I decided too start a franny with the P-rats and didn't know this but of course their first opp. is the Phill's so I get to start against Doc move next toLee and finish against Hamels. sounds unfair especially since I havent played against these guys yet in the game. Normally this would warrent a little practice against these guys. I refused figure type to roleplay this rookie. Got tore up by Doc five scattered through nine shutout, fine that's Roy I can take it. Then I drive Lee in 5 by scoring 5 in that time and so at the end of 5 its 5-2 and while my starter isn't super coasting (AJ BTW) he's got a ton of strikeouts and doing well. I (probably) stupidly let him hit to send him back out for the top of the sixth. Well they score two against AJ and the first reliever. Needless to say they worked it back to a tie I bring in Hanerhan (however you spell the dudes name). And they drive in the winning run against him in the top of the ninth. The following game (same night or it might not have felt as nice) we turn the tables and do the exact same thing to Hamels, bye bye in the 7th you stuck around to long and I'm seeing your **** now Hamels. Scored 4 on him in the 7th with one at the start to tie it at 5. It stayed that way till the bottom of the 9th and they being out Pappy to try and make it go extras. Cutch hits a 2-0 fastball middle in at the hands but not in enough to lock him up and launches this **** to the third deck, I at first thought he might,get the Allaganny or whatever but he missed that.

As its going I'm screaming "yeah take that you ****ing piece of **** phillies. I just took the page from your book uh?" Of course it doesn't hurt that I'm a Mets fan, but it felt great. The roommates didn't like it at 2am but I couldn't hold it in man. Just couldn't.
GM of the KC Royals in the OS Arbitration Thread
Old 06-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

1) Anytime I strike out a CPU hitter looking or with junk out of the zone, he gets an earful...

2) Anytime I can successfully tight rope a save, I find my self "high five-ing" the players in the post game routine...

My hitting "highlights" with the Mighty, Mighty A's are so rare...well...that really never happens...

I call an inning with a walk, followed by a fielder's choice single, a double play and a K an "Oakland A's Rally"...

Old 06-09-2012, 04:50 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 24

Right this very moment I'm facing R.A. Dickey. It's my first time ever playing against a knuckleball pitcher, in any video game, ever.

Needless to say, I'm doing a lot of getting-up-and-yelling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #16
Pro

Don Jon's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
1) Anytime I strike out a CPU hitter looking or with junk out of the zone, he gets an earful...

2) Anytime I can successfully tight rope a save, I find my self "high five-ing" the players in the post game routine...

My hitting "highlights" with the Mighty, Mighty A's are so rare...well...that really never happens...

I call an inning with a walk, followed by a fielder's choice single, a double play and a K an "Oakland A's Rally"...

Lol i thought i was the only one that high fives the players. I also do the little jump up high five that the rays do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »