Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and

Really want to see more strike out animations for batters. More swing types as well.
Also still waiting on some type of strikeout attribute for the pitchers that actually works. Meaning that a batter is more likely to swing and miss with 2 strikes depending on the pitchers K attribute.

Last edited by ericjwm; 01-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 8
Hmmm...I buy the Show every year and will continue to but the things I want to see improved looks the same...outfielders that have "rubberbanding" and suddenly run in fast forward to make catches...if the commentary and onscreen stats are better though I will be thrilled...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #51
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabreraMVP
I've always hated using Alex Avila because his stance was weird, but it looks like they gave him a nice updated one. Same with Prince Fielder. Scoreboard is very cool and the graphic screen for players.
Yeah, those are nice updates for them both. I found the perfect stance for Avila tho... I want to say generic 151? I'll have to check. Prince's stance is much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie09
I didn't see the pitch type and speed flashing on the score bug. Did anyone else? I know MLB12 and 11 had it....
It's still there, just not set to display in that particular demo presentation settings.

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
You Jays fans and all your pesky problems. Just joking around.
I'm not joking when it comes to this. They have the most problems and let their voices be heard. I'm surprised they all don't throw their money together and go protest in front if the SCEA offices.

Some and I say "some" act like SCEA hates Canada and doesn't want anything to do with them. Lol
Old 01-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #53
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Didn't see this mentioned, but the CPU AI for bullpens being updated would be huge for me. Lefty/lefty match-ups happen in every game in the late innings. The CPU should be smart enough to match-up accordingly in game. This has been a sore spot in previous versions.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #54
Pro

Geolink's Arena

OVR: 4
I swear I get a heart warm smile every year when these videos come out and it starts with "Ramone Russell, Community Manager for MLB: The Show".

God I love that guy. He's the Will Smith of community managers. LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
HAMBURGLAR

edwing's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
I'm not joking when it comes to this. They have the most problems and let their voices be heard. I'm surprised they all don't throw their money together and go protest in front if the SCEA offices.

Some and I say "some" act like SCEA hates Canada and doesn't want anything to do with them. Lol
Guess you weren't here when a bunch Braves fans were incessantly asking about a cow and Coke bottle!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamaballa
Guess you weren't here when a bunch Braves fans were incessantly asking about a cow and Coke bottle!
Lmao I was but with these jays fans it the Rogers centre sign in left. No retractable roof. The blue jay on the jersey is two inches to far to the left, their shade of blue is too dark ect. I mean c'mon it's a video game. Wrigley wasn't correct but I didn't make a separate thread for the Cubs and what needs I be fixed.

It's getting to the point of the Portland trailblazer fans over in the 2k forum. And that's saying something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »