Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 PM   #97
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA

Ha ha... For such a "small" feature that people "didn't want" it sure has got everyone talking....this threads like a sitcom.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 4
I think it's a really cool feature since it clearly has nothing to do with the franchise mode. It seems to be a part of the MLB Live feature which simply just adds to the immersion. Personally if I have a choice between a fake newspaper or website and fake twitter updates...I'll take the fake newspaper/website any day. Some just need to relax a bit. Technically there is no point of MLB live in a "fake" game either but it doesnt mean its not a cool feature.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 PM   #99
Pro

Sco291's Arena

Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think it's just that a lot of people who follow players can now just simply do it on the player card now.
Social media is everywhere now and in everything(you see the facebook/twitter symbols on EVERYTHING)....and now it's in The Show to some extent.

It's not something I'm particularly interested in, but I'm sure some people will read it.

M.K.
Knight165
Haha wow...

didn't realize this was going to take place on the actual player card... my interest level has gone up by 50% now. I guess I missed that part Lol thanks Knight
Old 01-30-2013, 11:45 PM   #100
Rookie

ChrisHansen59's Arena

OVR: 2

I hope Brandon McCarthy is approved.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #101
Rookie

I actually love this for a number of reasons. One, it brings life and personality to computerized players who in reality we know nothing about. Maybe you're thinking about signing a player in your franchise but then you read his "Real" tweets and realize he's an idiot in real life and he has no business being on your team. Maybe youre about to cut a guy but then he tweets something sad that happened to him in real life and you feel bad and change your mind. I am actually extremely excited about this. Besides...who actually gets their news from twitter?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 AM   #102
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Another thing that is very apparent from this thread is a lot of people don't fully understand how twitter works.

#confused
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #103
Banned

OVR: 3

Nice addition to the game.

#LAD2013
Old 01-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #104
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Another thing that is very apparent from this thread is a lot of people don't fully understand how twitter works.

#confused
This post is genius lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »