Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #33
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
I gotta step in here cause I agree with the bolded part.

I was pumped about what I heard.
TruBroadcast 2.0 and improved ball physics, which last year, was a sham.

Well, in these videos. [don't say its one inning, because between all of them its a full game] I dont see much of either.

TBP 2.0 is non-existent, and as a presentation buff, I am paying attention to that stuff.
The ball travel and bounces, look way to similar to last year. I shouldn't have to see 423 innings to notice it.
Fielders again are camping under balls near the warning track.
The same cutaways. The same OSD's [not design, but content].

Not to mention the menus STILL look the same. Just a new pant job, but the skeleton is the same. Same fonts. Mix it up guys. Its been 9 years.

Might be best now to hope the ps4 breathes some life into this old man.
Oh and matty v. it was fun, but you gotta go.
I'd never thought i'd say this, but hes more energetic during hot stove at 10am! lol

Anyways, thats my cumulative thoughts on these videos.
I agree with what you're saying about how there aren't many bloopers, and fielders camping under ball on the warning track. But the ball physics look greatly improved, and I believe the menus look great now. Have to wonder if you're one of those people who's never happy with a game, or maybe I'm just taking what you said the wrong way and you still think this is a great game that you wish improved in the ways you said. As for me, I always buy the new Maddens, and I know that The Show could've changed nothing from around 09 to now, and they'd still have a better game than EA Sports with Madden. So with all the things they have done to improve this game, I'm very happy.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:19 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I agree with what you're saying about how there aren't many bloopers, and fielders camping under ball on the warning track. But the ball physics look greatly improved, and I believe the menus look great now. Have to wonder if you're one of those people who's never happy with a game, or maybe I'm just taking what you said the wrong way and you still think this is a great game that you wish improved in the ways you said. As for me, I always buy the new Maddens, and I know that The Show could've changed nothing from around 09 to now, and they'd still have a better game than EA Sports with Madden. So with all the things they have done to improve this game, I'm very happy.
bolded, thats me.
i am passionate for the game, if i didn't care, i wouldn't be here. even more so, i wouldn't spend my money on it on release day.

dont even go there with madden, i stopped buying that after 08. lol
Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #35
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Why did the home crowd go bananas when they're own guy grounded out?

Somethings wonky with that crowd sound. they need to chill. lol
Others have pointed out that the crowd seems overly-excited this year. I'm starting to feel the same way after watching all the gameplay vids.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 16

Yeah they get excited like a regular game is the WS
Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #37
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
bolded, thats me.
i am passionate for the game, if i didn't care, i wouldn't be here. even more so, i wouldn't spend my money on it on release day.

dont even go there with madden, i stopped buying that after 08. lol
I getcha. I just have a friend who rants about a lot of games way too much and it's not in a constructive way, plus he never seems to have any fun with them. You sounded a bit like him lol, but I'm glad it was more of a "I'm a bit disappointed that..." post.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I getcha. I just have a friend who rants about a lot of games way too much and it's not in a constructive way, plus he never seems to have any fun with them. You sounded a bit like him lol, but I'm glad it was more of a "I'm a bit disappointed that..." post.
It comes off that way, when its building up over a couple years.
like the way people feel about madden in general, thats how i feel bout the shows presentation and gameplay strategy.

game on, ajb.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #39
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Ball Physics

One (well two) obvious indicator as to how they've improved... count the number of ground rule doubles and high chops behind the plate you've seen in these vids. I'll wait.

Now count the shots off the pitchers. I'll wait.

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Old 03-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Re: Ball Physics

One (well two) obvious indicator as to how they've improved... count the number of ground rule doubles and high chops behind the plate you've seen in these vids. I'll wait.

Now count the shots off the pitchers. I'll wait.

-- Sent from the Future...
Exactly. I have encountered none of these things actually playing the game. Can't base everything off videos. When people get the game, they'll see the difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »