Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
I'm happy to see people here agree for the most part that not much has changed. You say that in some other threads and people crucify you for whatever reason. Maybe SECA pays these people on here to say nothing critical. At the end of the day though this is still one of the best sports game out there and I'll buy it but my excitement factor is at a 2 out of 10 where as when 2009 was released it was a 10 out of 10.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #50
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlanni1
I'm happy to see people here agree for the most part that not much has changed. You say that in some other threads and people crucify you for whatever reason. Maybe SECA pays these people on here to say nothing critical. At the end of the day though this is still one of the best sports game out there and I'll buy it but my excitement factor is at a 2 out of 10 where as when 2009 was released it was a 10 out of 10.
If your excitement level is so low why would you buy it? Oh it SCEA by the way not SECA!
Old 03-01-2013, 11:38 PM   #51
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

as far as bat/ball physics. PYS 2012.
and even 2k12 does real well with parts of it [meaning a high outside fastball, swung late at will go screaming off the seats in the upper deck behind the dugout]. problem with 2k tho is, the ball dies a bit after that, doesnt have a nice bounce.

anyways ill keep hope out that some franchise vids will impress me [need to see those new osd's i heard about] but the commentary is sucking my will to go through another year with this.
As far as ball/bat physics, you can actually see then in real-time in PYS because the game is a much slower battery pace. If you replayed at bats in The Show, you would see they are now too shabby and much improved over past versions. I agree PYS does have the edge.

Hit variety/hit types isn't that much different between the two, and I would classify both as very good. I can't say I enjoy anything gameplay-wise about 2K, but that's just me.

As for presentation, I personally don't think you'll see anything in MLB13 that will impress you, or be to your expectations, unfortunately. Now (commentary and stats) presentation-wise 2K does get the nod over the other two series.

And as a reference, these are the baseball games I own and have played extensively, from this generation... minus 2K8, which I sold back:

-- Sent from the Future...

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM   #52
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Same fonts. Mix it up guys. Its been 9 years.
I'm going to agree with the font. I don't think I dislike it, but as you said, I've seen it before. Maybe it's the all capital letters or something, but a fresh coat of paint would be nice.

I don't like VC's font with their 2K games either though, so there's something in between that might be alright.

Love that they nailed Heyward's stance! Problem is that guy has changed it all three years, and I bet it's going to change some this year as well.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If your excitement level is so low why would you buy it? Oh it SCEA by the way not SECA!
Sorry, I didn't realize my english teacher was in this room. Why would I buy it? Because I don't want to play with old rosters. If there was a way to download 2013 rosters on 2012, I wouldn't.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #54
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Did somebody say SECA?

Spoiler

YouTube

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #55
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm going to agree with the font. I don't think I dislike it, but as you said, I've seen it before. Maybe it's the all capital letters or something, but a fresh coat of paint would be nice.
The reason for the all CAPS is readability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlanni1
Sorry, I didn't realize my english teacher was in this room. Why would I buy it? Because I don't want to play with old rosters. If there was a way to download 2013 rosters on 2012, I wouldn't.
You could always edit rosters...

YouTube

Last edited by thaSLAB; 03-01-2013 at 11:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2013, 11:54 PM   #56
MVP

bp4baseball's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
The reason for the all CAPS is readability.

I have even grown to like the all caps look, even in stuff away from The Show.

Also, nice reference to Laguna Seca...my dad raced there and I go there every year

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »