Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2016, 11:30 PM   #25
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 (official release thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
As for the roster, it looks good so far, and as usual! Eventhough I noticed Anderson Espinoza of the Red Sox has a huge head (compared to his tiny body lol) only thing I really noticed so far, haven't really gone in depth yet.
Lol, but he looks good/proportional in the game. You found one of the 2 faces I did myself. The Espinoza we inherited looked like half goblin half Indian John Stamos. Not saying I did great, but it is much better than before. Good eye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2016, 11:48 PM   #26
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

I know Espinoza is a really prominent prospect and it was risky trying out my mediocre-to-bad artistic skills on him, but here are real pics along with some in-game pics of our Espinoza if you're a Red Sox fan and are worried by that one guy's post, lol. Some of it is probably the "big head glitch" that you see in the editor from time to time.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MLB(R) The Show(TM) 16_5.jpg (405.8 KB, 479 views)
File Type: jpg MLB(R) The Show(TM) 16_6.jpg (344.5 KB, 480 views)
File Type: jpg MLB(R) The Show(TM) 16_1.jpg (458.1 KB, 475 views)
File Type: jpg MLB(R) The Show(TM) 16_3.jpg (497.0 KB, 479 views)
Old 05-24-2016, 12:13 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Awesome as usual. Cheers guys. Is there anywhere where I can find the DL for opening day.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-24-2016, 12:15 AM   #28
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Yeah I went thru the rosters his was the only one that showed big head other than LaStella. His face does look better than the one that was on the orginial OSFM, just the size I did check the head size and it's actually close to the smallest so I have no idea. I'm no face maker myself lol.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 12:16 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0

I got some questions. Isnt a 97 and 89 a little too high for Thor and Vince Velaquez respectively based off their experience? And how does Urias have 87 stamina when he just threw 6 innings for the 1st time the other day. I also think Faria for the Rays may be a little overrated considering he hasnt succeeded above AA yet. I love these rosters but I would lioe to understand why the young guns are so highly rated already. Like Velasquez better then Hamels and many more just seems odd so early in his career after like 2 months of good pitching. And having Thor higher overall then Arrieta seems unjust to say the least. Please dont construe this as hating im just curious as to why people were rated the way they are.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:19 AM   #30
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

As always great job guys.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:26 AM   #31
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett59
I got some questions. Isnt a 97 and 89 a little too high for Thor and Vince Velaquez respectively based off their experience? And how does Urias have 87 stamina when he just threw 6 innings for the 1st time the other day. I also think Faria for the Rays may be a little overrated considering he hasnt succeeded above AA yet. I love these rosters but I would lioe to understand why the young guns are so highly rated already. Like Velasquez better then Hamels and many more just seems odd so early in his career after like 2 months of good pitching. And having Thor higher overall then Arrieta seems unjust to say the least. Please dont construe this as hating im just curious as to why people were rated the way they are.
Everything is based on Steamer projections exactly so we avoid this type of "but I think so and so is better" type of fallacy. We have tested formulas that rely on industry-standard projections (based on actual performance) and numbers come out and we use the output. It works so well that only very rarely do we go in and adjust something.

As for STAM, you have to remember that stamina does not progress in the game. So we've tried to hit the sweet spot of what guys might turn into without overdoing it. Otherwise you have a bunch of 5 inning starting pitchers with 68 STAM in year 7 of your franchise. No thanks.

Also saying that Syndergaard at 97 and Arrieta only at 96 OVR is a big deal is a bit of a stretch, lol. You made it sound like Arrieta was a 65 OVR or something. It's not like Syndergaard isn't one of the most dominant pitchers around either. OVR isn't everything. Try playing with them and then make your judgments.

The refrain: if you don't like something, then change it. The roster plays well and sims well and we're comfortable with the system we have in place. This roster isn't for everyone; many people are quite happy with how Sony does things.

----------------------------------

EDIT: Just for the fun of it, here are some stats for these guys from real life this year...

Hamels (87 OVR): 5-0, 2.83 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 4.48 FIP, 9.73 K/9, 3.30 BB/9, 1.57 HR/9, 0.4 fWAR

Velasquez (89 OVR): 5-1, 2.42 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 2.43 FIP, 10.99 K/9, 2.79 BB/9, 0.56 HR/9, 1.7 fWAR

Arrieta (96 OVR): 8-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 2.48 FIP, 9.00 K/9, 2.86 BB/9, 0.29 HR/9, 1.9 fWAR

Syndergaard (97 OVR): 5-2, 1.94 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 1.70 FIP, 11.34 K/9, 1.34 BB/9, 0.45 HR/9, 2.5 fWAR

How are the projections doing so far?

Last edited by WaitTilNextYear; 05-24-2016 at 01:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 02:21 AM   #32
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Awesome work, thanks! I am curious as to why Francisco Lindor's potential was lowered to a B? He is living up to the top prospect type hype. Not really worried just curious, thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »