Home

MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2016, 02:47 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 OSFM HYBRID V1 Roster Available Now

Thanks very much fellas, I've been lurking in the background checking and waiting like so many others... Can't start a franchise without your hArd work.

Couple quick questions... In order to get the opening day rosters to stick for opening day, what do I need to do?

Do I need to manually assign players as I see fit to the minors for every team? Once I set the other 29 teams to auto lineup/roster, won't they potentially do things like make Ortiz play 1B and send Brock Holt to AA?

Thanks for your time!
Old 05-24-2016, 03:09 AM   #34
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
Awesome work, thanks! I am curious as to why Francisco Lindor's potential was lowered to a B? He is living up to the top prospect type hype. Not really worried just curious, thanks!
An 88 POT is still a perennial All Star. It's hard to get into the A range as a position player without hitting for at least 15-20 HR consistent power. There are only a handful of guys like this (Moncada, Buxton, Arcia) in the roster. And they are all just scraping 90 POT. By this time next year, we may be debating a 75-80 POT for Buxton, but he deserves some time (more than 150 MLB at bats) to figure it out.

Certainly, if you believe Lindor is Derek Jeter with a Gold Glove, 88 POT will look low. Then again, nothing in Lindor's offensive profile (minor league numbers not as good, inflated BABIP) suggests he'll sustain his torrid performance as a .320 hitter.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:55 AM   #35
Pro

No.27's Arena

Thanks so much to everyone involved for the roster. Glad to see the band back together and the Hybrid name reclaimed! This roster is the one I am finally going to complete 162 games with. Now off to the vault for a hundred or so "likes" before I start my franchise. 😀
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 05:25 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 4

Can't wait to get home from work to start my franchise.... Just to decide who to run with!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016, 05:48 AM   #37
Rookie

joebrown352's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for the hardwork guys. Much appreciated. Was curious if anyone has a spreadsheet or database that has a list of the guys on the roster? Not looking for a ratings spreadsheet, strictly names.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:01 AM   #38
Rookie

Re: 2016 OSFM HYBRID V1 (official release thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Everything is based on Steamer projections exactly so we avoid this type of "but I think so and so is better" type of fallacy. We have tested formulas that rely on industry-standard projections (based on actual performance) and numbers come out and we use the output. It works so well that only very rarely do we go in and adjust something.

As for STAM, you have to remember that stamina does not progress in the game. So we've tried to hit the sweet spot of what guys might turn into without overdoing it. Otherwise you have a bunch of 5 inning starting pitchers with 68 STAM in year 7 of your franchise. No thanks.

Also saying that Syndergaard at 97 and Arrieta only at 96 OVR is a big deal is a bit of a stretch, lol. You made it sound like Arrieta was a 65 OVR or something. It's not like Syndergaard isn't one of the most dominant pitchers around either. OVR isn't everything. Try playing with them and then make your judgments.

The refrain: if you don't like something, then change it. The roster plays well and sims well and we're comfortable with the system we have in place. This roster isn't for everyone; many people are quite happy with how Sony does things.

----------------------------------

EDIT: Just for the fun of it, here are some stats for these guys from real life this year...

Hamels (87 OVR): 5-0, 2.83 ERA, 1.26 WHIP, 4.48 FIP, 9.73 K/9, 3.30 BB/9, 1.57 HR/9, 0.4 fWAR

Velasquez (89 OVR): 5-1, 2.42 ERA, 0.99 WHIP, 2.43 FIP, 10.99 K/9, 2.79 BB/9, 0.56 HR/9, 1.7 fWAR

Arrieta (96 OVR): 8-0, 1.29 ERA, 0.84 WHIP, 2.48 FIP, 9.00 K/9, 2.86 BB/9, 0.29 HR/9, 1.9 fWAR

Syndergaard (97 OVR): 5-2, 1.94 ERA, 0.98 WHIP, 1.70 FIP, 11.34 K/9, 1.34 BB/9, 0.45 HR/9, 2.5 fWAR

How are the projections doing so far?
I am well aware of their stats so far I just figured guys with a smaller sample size wouldnt be rated so highly opposed to proven veterans. Velasquez had over a 4 era last season. And i know the Thor thing isnt much but Arrieta has a sub 1 era in his last 29 starts if there is a pitcher deserving of a 99 I would think its him. Thor is a stud i wasnt knocking him rather praising how dominant Arrieta has been. And good point on the stamina i forgot it was like that this year. One last thing I was surprised to see Tulos offensive stats so low, is this taking Coors field affect into consideration, or is it the projections? Once again thanks for all the hard work, it is much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:08 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

So ive been coming to these forums for years, and have been installing your roster every year since you have made it, however I rarely post. I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you guys put in. Once this roster drops it is the only roster I will use for the rest of the year. Much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:47 AM   #40
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

The issue isn't that they got guys' overalls wrong. The issue is that overall is calculated wrong. It doesn't weigh different attributes properly. That's why overall doesn't matter, look at guys' individual attributes and ask yourself if they make sense instead of just looking at overall

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »