Home

Fenwaymac 2017 Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders

This is a discussion on Fenwaymac 2017 Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2017, 02:11 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: Fenwaymac 2017 Variety Hitting and Scoring Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiziv
Glad to see your slider set still rolling well! I went ahead and gave Zone a try for two games, and I just don't think it's for me. I didn't really have an issue when using Zone, PCI off, and not moving the left stick at all, as I produced a good 10+ hits and had a pair of homeruns (after having only a couple throughout 10 games). However, with the PCI on and actually trying to move it to look for pitches in certain zones just throws me off. I play on a 4k TV without game mode so I face some decent amount of input lag. This really gives me a struggle to time things up in the first place, and worrying about where the PCI is at just adds more to that struggle.

I feel like leaving the PCI in the middle with Zone on just doesn't give me enough control of where the ball will be hit, so I'm not really a fan of that method either. I love your results more than any other set on these forums, and I feel like you do some phenomenal testing that helps support your results. I really want to use them, but I'm afraid they won't work well with Directional. I've been hesitant to try due to Zone being very different, but I'd also like to know what you would suggest might need adjusting, even if you're not a Directional player yourself.

Again, though, your sets are by far my favorite. While I've always tended to use Armor's set due to it being the same difficulty and hitting technique that I use, since last year's game I've consistently gone back to yours to try and replicate your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I would be happy to take a look at your numbers from directional hitting to try to assess which sliders might need some adjusting. PM me if interested. Happy to help! No matter which interface works best for you, if you can dial it in, it will make your experience that much enjoyable.
Old 04-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0

Any changes being made after the patch? It seems like hitting for both HUM & CPU is very weak now

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 04-29-2017, 04:14 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew37
Any changes being made after the patch? It seems like hitting for both HUM & CPU is very weak now

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Yep. I am currently testing for the last couple nights. I am not quite there yet but I would suggest you set Human power to 4, timing to 4, and solid hits to 4. This should help bring back the opposite field power. As for CPU, just add one tick to timing for now. . The CPU does not seem as affected. Still working on these but this seems to be helping so far!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwayMac
Yep. I am currently testing for the last couple nights. I am not quite there yet but I would suggest you set Human power to 4, timing to 4, and solid hits to 4. This should help bring back the opposite field power. As for CPU, just add one tick to timing for now. . The CPU does not seem as affected. Still working on these but this seems to be helping so far!

Awesome will try these out and report back thx!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:07 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew37
Awesome will try these out and report back thx!
You got it. Let me know. Definitely pitch cautiously and when in doubt be willing to walk a batter rather than serving up a meatball. It will be smashed!
Old 04-30-2017, 05:29 AM   #54
Pro

Hey all, just a heads up. I just finished a great evening of play. While I created a decent fix to patch 1.04, I didn't really care for the feel of it. I took advantage of the situation to start from scratch and have MANY changes coming including lower solid hits (who knew?), lower fielder reaction and speeds, increased errors rates and steal success to name a few. Things I have noticed in four games this evening that I have not seen much of before:

. An outfielder jumping at the wall to rob me of a home run
. Runners beating out throws from 3B
. Fast runners (high attribute)beating out dribblers up the line
. A pitcher NOT recovering after being hit to throw out the runner
. An E9
. Sustained rallies from both teams.

The play felt really great I am hoping these hold up because the games have been a LOT of fun. I am going to test a few more tomorrow and if all goes well FenwayMac 3.0 will be coming soon.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #55
Pro

Hey all,

Just a heads up that I have released FenwayMac Variety 3.0 to the vault! I have not had a chance to update post #1 yet but will do so later this evening. If you have yet to commit to a slider set or are just willing to give something new a shot,these were thoroughly tested over the last week post 1.04 patch and have been playing incredibly well with varied scores, hit types, and animations. Unless the world shifts again, these will work very well for a franchise.

The gist: I started from scratch and really put some additional thought into settings such as solid hits and timing, as well as all of the fielding sliders such as run speed, reaction, throw power, and errors. All of the run speed have been movedin unison with one another in order to maintain balance. I have made everything a few ticks slower, which is really helping to bring out more animations as well as really created some more majestic plays.

I wanted to find a way to allow the players top attributes to shine, and it seems that when you slow things down a bit, it really spotlights which of your players are speedsters, which have cannon arms, and which are lucky to be on the field at all. Lowering infield throwing power and reaction has allowed for some infield singles...to the players with proper attributes.

I have also increased all errors and they are making a more frequent appearance. It's nice to play a game with more human players.

If you have any particular questions about why a slider is where it is, definitely reach out. If you like the sliders, please vote em up and if not please help me out with what can be improved! Have fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2017, 10:55 PM   #56
Pro

Latest slider settings are now available on post #1 as well as in the vault. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »