Home

MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Enhanced Graphics and Environments

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Enhanced Graphics and Environments within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #33
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
They said several times that the scores will update correctly on the Green Monster during season and franchise modes.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:52 PM   #34
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: MLB 15 The Show Livestream - Enhanced Graphics and Environments

They change the standings flags in wrigley, they also put the "W" flag up after wins

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker
Old 03-11-2015, 05:00 PM   #35
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

One thing that I noticed was when they mentioned that some stadiums, like AT&T Park, have detailed exterior/city renderings for 50 sq miles. Whether that's true or a gross exaggeration, it still makes me jealous about how some stadiums look more complete than others.

I'm sure most of it is just because I go to Busch and they don't, but while other, non-stadium buildings have interiors and concession stands have soda fountains, Busch is missing safety railings (petty, I know), concourse exits in the upper deck, and still has holes at field level where you can see into the void.

On a more positive note, things have gotten A LOT better since 2011. I am very grateful that Ballpark Village looks as good as it does. I noticed, like, three things that aren't spot on. It's almost an exact match.

Unfortunately for the artists, as they continued into showing the Yankee Stadium features, they also showed me how much detail they're willing to put into their stadiums. It's like an invitation to mention all the little things that I never thought could make it into a video game.

Those flags that were shown on top of the frieze at Yankee Stadium, Busch Stadium has those too. Now, I'll have to go figure out what is written on each flag and take note of the colors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 05:12 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 2

Of course it's not a show stopper (heck they already have my $$$ on a MLB15 pre-order). But was there any mention in the stream concerning any new fan models that will appear at the games this year? I forget what the numbers were, but when the PS4 game was first announced they said they could include a lot more fan models than the PS3 game could produce. But MLB14's PS4 fan model numbers came up only marginally larger than what the PS3 could produce,
Old 03-11-2015, 05:15 PM   #37
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Of course it's not a show stopper (heck they already have my $$$ on a MLB15 pre-order). But was there any mention in the stream concerning any new fan models that will appear at the games this year? I forget what the numbers were, but when the PS4 game was first announced they said they could include a lot more fan models than the PS3 game could produce. But MLB14's PS4 fan model numbers came up only marginally larger than what the PS3 could produce,
Ramone said it's going to take some time for them to get the full 1,000 models into the game. There was no mention if they have any new fan models for this year. MAybe Ramone or a CD guy can chime in on the subject.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #38
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
One thing that I noticed was when they mentioned that some stadiums, like AT&T Park, have detailed exterior/city renderings for 50 sq miles.
Did they mention that about AT&T in particular? The reason I'm asking is I play most of my Show games as the Giants and the exterior (McCovey Cove, etc.) in '14 is a pixelated mess in areas.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:29 PM   #39
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Ramone said it's going to take some time for them to get the full 1,000 models into the game. There was no mention if they have any new fan models for this year. MAybe Ramone or a CD guy can chime in on the subject.
No time this year and we have scanned almost the entire studio. So we have to get people to come in from the street. That takes time and resources which we needed to use in other areas of the game.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #40
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
No time this year and we have scanned almost the entire studio. So we have to get people to come in from the street. That takes time and resources which we needed to use in other areas of the game.
Scan the CD guys next year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »