Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2016, 10:58 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

So for my Franchise I am doing a Cincinnati Reds Franchise with the default rosters and dynamic difficulty for hitting and pitching. I am 4-0 right now after sweeping the Phillies and taking the first game versus the Pirates. During the second game of the season I pitched a perfect game with Homer Bailey. I am unsure if I should sim a few games to get more realistic stats and some losses because of how I am at Veteran dynamic difficulty for the moment and it is still easy.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:07 PM   #34
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm almost a month into the 2016 season and am 2.5 GB from 1st place in the East. Am also tied with 4 other teams for a wild card spot. Boxberger has blown a few saves that he shouldn't have and if he keeps playing this way I think I'll see what I can get for him before his ratings get too low.

I was checking some players out in my franchise and a lot of people are declining and that even includes players who are playing well and have good averages. Does anyone else see this in their franchise?
Old 03-30-2016, 11:56 PM   #35
Pro

Indyboy180's Arena

OVR: 5

2-0 with the 2016 Detroit Tigers after a two game sweep in Miami.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2016, 02:29 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

First season all sim with only a couple minor trades, my Twins actually won the division. Half a game over the Indians then we got swept first round by the Yankees

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 03-31-2016, 04:57 AM   #37
Rookie

So I'm 14-12 , 1st in the division with my tigers now, just won the first game of the series against the Indians. Ryan Zimmerman is dominating, I've gone ice cold with miggy surprisingly winning more.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:30 AM   #38
Pro

Herschie's Arena

The Cubs are too good for me to have fun this year, and I really am anxious to start. My 15 franchise has been played out. So I decided to start a franchise with my 1989 rosters in 15 and play it on 16. Actually, they're pjsnell10's 1988 rosters ported to 15 by marsl4444. Most of the teams are actually from 1988 as I don't have the patience to meticulously change everything. Only the Cubs and Giants are 1989 since I had originally only intended to replay the 1989 NLCS while I was waiting for 16. I'm going to do my best to match jerseys to the time period, but stadiums are going to be impossible, so I'll have to deal with some anachronisms. The Cubs' '89 jerseys are there, albeit wrong in the game.

I played Opening Day so far against the Angels on the West Coast. I had a young Greg Maddux facing Chuck Finley, and Mad Dog had trouble early. After getting the first batter out, Joyner and Ray both got hits, setting up Chili Davis for a three-run homer. Maddux then successfully got out of the inning.

Undeterred, Don Zimmer's Cubs came back in the 2nd. Luis Salazar started with a double to lead off the inning. He was promply summoned home when Shawon Dunston singled to right. Dunston stole second as Mitch Webster took a called third strike. With two outs in the inning, Joe Girardi drove in Dunston to cut the lead to 3-2. The Cubbies would tie the game in the 4th when Webster doubled in Salazar.

All looked well for the Cubs to start off the 6th. Andre Dawson led off with a triple and scored the next play on Salazar's infield single. But Maddux couldn't hold the lead in the 7th. Chili Davis flied to left, but reached when the ball plunked off of Webster's mitt. Two batters later, Jack Howell made them pay with a dinger over the right field wall to give the Angels a 5-4 lead, where it stayed until the 9th.

The Cubs got exactly what they needed when Salazar got his second infield single of the game, and then stole second with nobody out. Needing to move the runner over, Dunston hit a lazy pop fly to shallow left, and Salazar stayed put at second with one out. The next batter was Mitch Webster, and he lined hard to short. It looked like shortstop Dick Schofield was going to make a nice grab, but the ball got through to center. However, Salazar was unable to score since he had to hold up to prevent the double play.

With one out, Webster on 1st, and Salazar the tying run on third, Marvell Wynne came to the plate for Chicago. After working the count, he smoked a line drive to right. Unfortunately, before it could get there, first baseman Wally Joyner snagged it and proceeded to tag out Webster to end it.

Still, it was a great game. I've never played a franchise with historical rosters before. This should be fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12890872_10154804491563228_3139592045742497394_o.jpg (229.3 KB, 315 views)
Old 03-31-2016, 05:36 AM   #39
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Started my MLB14-16 franchise. Still the Marlins.

Won 3-2. Tillman and Biddle dueled to a 2-2 tie through 8 innings, though I probably could have pulled Tillman after 7, but he hadn't used a lot of pitches so I let him go out again.

In the bottom of the 8th, Bastardo was all over the place. Marlins loaded the bases but managed just one run thanks to Bo Winter (fictional prospect from MLB15) hit a 300-foot popup, basically.

The Marlins had the bases loaded twice with no outs and scored a whopping 1 run.

Thank goodness the pitching is solid. This offense, though - it's Yelich, Harper, and Winter.

Fun stat, though - six of the eight starting hitters on the team have between 12 and 14 doubles! Not sure how I managed that playing every game...I didn't realize it until it showed the doubles leaders on the club and I LOL'd at all the 13's. I don't even...
Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm continuing my Braves franchise from 15, which was one I continued from 14. So third year of my franchise. First year I made the playoffs but lost in the first round to the Nats. Last year I won the world series. I think I may have assembled a bit of a dream team.

Keep in mind this started from 14 back before Medlen, Minor and Beachy got hurt. The Braves still had the Uptons, Gattis, Heyward, etc.

Last year I swung a deal to get Daniel Murphy and Eric Young Jr from the Mets for my second baseman (believe it was Tommy La Stella at the time?) BJ Upton, and a decent prospect with a "B" potential. Murphy and EY Jr. had a bad year for the mets and BJ Upton wasn't playing great for the Braves so it was sorta a swap of bad contracts.

Then I saw the Marlins but Giancarlo Stanton on the trading block. I could never hit with Justin Upton for whatever reason so I decided to swap him and an "A" potential third base prospect for Stanton.

This offseason I was able to sign Pablo Sandoval to play 3rd base. Think I got him for 5 years 55 million. He's 85 OVR and still switch hitting.

My lineup looks like this:

Cameron Maybin, CF, 80 OVR
Daniel Murphy, 2B, 82 OVR
Giancarlo Stanton, LF, 94 OVR
Freddie Freeman, 1B, 90 OVR
Pablo Sandoval, 3B, 85 OVR
Evan Gattis, C, 82 OVR
Jason Heyward, RF, 87 OVR
Andrelton Simmons, SS, 88 OVR
Pitchers Slot

On the bench I have:
Tyler Pastornicky, SS/2B, 70 OVR
Chris Johnson, 3B/1B, 74 OVR
Marshall Norris, 3B/1B, 68 OVR
Eric Young Jr, 2B/OF, 74 OVR
Christian Bethancourt, C, 69 OVR

Chris Johnson and Marshall Norris were in a platoon at 3B last year and it worked well. That was until I signed Pablo Sandoval. Now they're my primary pinch hitters as Chris Johnson hits lefties well and Norris hits right handers well. EY Jr. is my 4th outfielder although I can put Gattis or Murphy in left if need be. Pastornicky is really just there to backup Simmons at shortstop. Probably the only slight weakness of this team is my bench but it's not too bad.

My Braves pitching staff still has a 2014 feel to it because most of them performed pretty well and progressed nicely, especially Teheran. You have to keep in mind my 2014 franchise was started before Beachy/Medlen went down and before Minor/Teheran regressed to where they are now.

Julio Teheran 92 OVR
Kris Medlen 89 OVR
Mike Minor 88 OVR
Brandon Beachy 86 OVR
Alex Wood 80 OVR

Bullpen looks like this:
Gus Schlosser, LR, 79 OVR
Ian Thomas, MR, 70 OVR
Dan Carpenter, MR, 74 OVR
Shae Simmons, MR, 78 OVR
Luis Avilan, SU, 82 OVR
Jordan Walden, SU, 82 OVR
Craig Kimbrel, CL, 98 OVR

It's the number 1 rated roster in the league by a wide margin. Dodgers are #2 and Nationals are #3.

My team is almost too good at this point lol. Much better than the real Braves, that's for sure. Once the real Braves finish the rebuild (next year maybe?) I will go back to playing a more real life franchise but while the Braves totally suck right now I'm going to continue on with this fantasy.

Cheers!
NBA: Charlotte Hornets
NHL: Carolina Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »