Home

MLB The Show 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2017, 04:46 PM   #89
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
MLB The Show 17 Impressions only.

Decided to take my Dodgers to the Nationals ballpark and to start the game off I go back to back yard with Forsythe & Seager. The commentary was on point. This years version feels so fresh from top to bottom.

This is a honeymoon period with this game that I don't want to end. Cant wait to hear impressions from you all on Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Flightwhite24; 03-26-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #90
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
re: MLB The Show 17 Impressions

As intolerable as Mr. Reynolds is in real life during the World Series he is phenomenal in this game
Old 03-26-2017, 06:15 PM   #91
Pro

RnRexpress3423's Arena

OVR: 6

4K is the way to go for me anyways this year. The textures pop so much more and everything is so crystal clear. The bricks behind home plate at Citi Field are very well textured as are the logos on the uniforms and hats. Don't get me wrong, enhanced visuals mode is smoother but you lose a certain clarity in the picture from what I could tell anyways. I know a majority of guys will probably stick to the higher framerate but man 4K HDR is a sight to see.

I've been waiting for years and finally they have Griffeys swing perfectly animated. It must of helped with him being on the cover this year huh? For years it looked awkward and stiff and now it's smooth as butter. I'll be starting RTTS next.

Edit - Since I was talking about textures, holy smokes the dugout walls look damn near real. Lol sorry little things like that make me happy.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Last edited by RnRexpress3423; 03-26-2017 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #92
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

After messing around and playing a bit I've settled on Enhanced Visuals w/HDR Intensity right smack in the middle.

4K looked great but on my tv it just isn't smooth enough for my liking. Again I'm not on one of the higher end Samsung I'm on a KU6500 Curved. Enhanced Visuals I feel is the perfect setting for graphics and frame rate smoothness without much if any graphical loss that I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-26-2017, 10:58 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 4

Still loving the game. I've been playing since Friday. Commentary is still great but "crack" of the bat is weaker this year. Is that just me?

Heading to Anaheim then Las Vegas. So glad I was able to get some games in early!
Old 03-27-2017, 07:49 AM   #94
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Guys, we've said it before. No posting unless you have the game and are approved on the 1st post.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-27-2017, 01:41 PM   #95
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

I have played and split 4 full games since Friday night and all have come to the last at bat. I reiterate again how the unpredictability of the ball physics creates so much fun and tension because you have no clue where the ball will land. For example Mike Stanton I mean Giancarlo hit an almost homer at Sun Trust to right field which I have never seen before in any baseball game.

Now that I have had more time and looked into all teams this by far has been the best enhancements the players have ever gotten. The players look real and animate real. I have criticized versions 14 to 16 since I felt that the game made slight changes and not what has taking place for 17. I even asked Ramone last yr why less of the players had face scans. However this game is special.

I can't wait for all the roster makers get the game, I'm waiting for a WBC roster to play as Venezuela or Puerto Rico!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Arod2k9; 03-27-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2017, 02:02 PM   #96
Rookie

OVR: 0

Got the game this afternoon, played two games. Being european sometimes has its own vantages...

Ball physics is amazing as said, but i'm surprised with its effects on infield hits. Humanity AI and ball physics make infield hits great too. To make a summary of ball physics: the ball has spin. And everything (the beauty of it) comes out of that.

Graphics are good. Really good, i wrote on the other thread about the regular ps4. But i can't help you guys...because i decided to buy a Pro with the game. I joined the club of new pro users because The Show 17. My Tv is 1080 (not 4k). The only thing i can tell you is to do what you feel and think. Framerate should not be a problem on the regular one (probably only on some cut scenes). But once you try the high framerate of the PS4 Pro, i promise you'll never come back.

Pitching seems to be harder. Pitchers have less control. Strike frequency seems down for user and CPU. Analog pitching is no longer the strike machine we used to see. Last year i had games with 40s 8b or even worse.

The biggest surprise is PITCH RECOGNITION. It's amazing, and so unexpected (at least to me). It clearly comes from the ball physics and spin. Now i can draw three walks in a row (never possibile before, i'm not freeswinging but i used to go after every pitch in the strikezone, now i can select them better).

Overall the game levels are easier. Still small sample size, but an average all star player like me is going to play on HOF after a week or two.

Fielding is one of my favourite parts. Even in the outfield. Really great

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »