Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2022, 07:53 PM   #209
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Wow, I completely overlooked those sub-forums. That's perfect because I typically avoid the main forum post-release, for the most. After the game releases there's just a different vibe in the community once we get past the initial honeymoon phase.
Ya typically post release we migrate to sliders and roster sections! Lol
Old 09-08-2022, 07:54 PM   #210
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Wow, I completely overlooked those sub-forums. That's perfect because I typically avoid the main forum post-release, for the most. After the game releases there's just a different vibe in the community once we get past the initial honeymoon phase.

Yea, once everyone gets over the fact that the game is new and improved, they quickly revert to hyper-focusing on the flaws. Thankfully that makes my work as a slider editor a lot easier because I can get a huge sample size of examples and complaints to then go in and try to resolve, or at least improve upon.

Gotta take the good with the bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxVal_MarXx
This could make your work easier for sliders

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Oh this will make slider editing MUCH easier and FAR more enjoyable. The past few years I’ve had to focus all of my attention on trying out bandaid after bandaid to try and cover up the truly un-fixable issues each game presented. That also led to a ton of burnout and resentment because no matter how much time and effort I threw at the game, there was simply nothing that could be done to give realistic gameplay.

This should finally bring me back to those 2K12-2K16 vibes where slider editing was actually enjoyable and rewarding.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:18 PM   #211
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

just played another game... Hornets (me) vs Mavs in Dallas. Holy cow is Luka tough. He's just so stinking shifty.

Within the first 2 minutes of the game, Gordon Heyward went up for a rebound, and came down on LaMelo's foot, sprained ankle. Limped to the bench because the game took a time out. Allie Laforce gave an update 2 minutes later, sprained ankle, day to day, but should be able to play through it. Next dead ball, he comes back in. Didn't see him limping or anything, but was still pretty nice to see.

I'm DANGEROUS with Rozier and LaMelo. The change of pace w/ LaMelo and just overall flair is so much fun. Rozier running through stagger screens...

Czar, if you're reading... please don't change anything for a good long while. Let everything shake out and the dust settle. I'm sure there will need to be "some" changes here and there, but there's nothing drastic and I REALLY don't want to lose the "fun factor" and control. Right now, I'm not fighting for control, and I love it.

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/PKME5Q27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 08:25 PM   #212
MVP

OVR: 26

Attention fellow roster creators.
As it stands. You cannot utilize the ERAs player pool to customise a roster or use an ERA players DNA to edit or create a player.

The Eras mode is totally separate from the core of the game.

Very disappointing.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:51 PM   #213
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Early feels best and most natural to me, I’m already weaning myself off the meter by the feel of it alone
Would you say early is closest to the 2K22 timing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
So help d seems fixed. PnR defense is fixed. Fastbreak rubber banding is fixed. Dribblers are explosive instead of artificially slowed down/capped. Brick walls are no longer magnetizing you to the defender. AND the CPU is drawing fouls and getting to the FT line?

Alright one more for you New Zealanders: Do the Speed/Accel with Ball sliders actually work this year?
Yup I turned speed/accel with ball down 10 points and without ball up 10 points and it made a big difference. I like it as it makes driving with elite slashers more challenging. We’ll see if I adjust against.

Btw Meat can you tell me which body up sensitivity slider I have to turn up to make brick walls happen more to ME as the offensive player? Is it cpu or user side? I turned both up to 95 currently as I like a little more brick wall effect for my slashers to have to get around.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:52 PM   #214
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
As it stands. You cannot utilize the ERAs player pool to customise a roster or use an ERA players DNA to edit or create a player.

Very disappointing.

Wow

This is when the MYNBA Devs disappear and won't hear from them until next year Info as I predicted I tried to give them their props but I knew in the back of my mind that mic drop announcement was gonna be hiding bugs
Old 09-08-2022, 08:53 PM   #215
Rookie

OVR: 0

Based on all of the YouTube live park gameplay coming out of New Zealand it seems like defensive movement and footing is still an issue. A lot of sliding and footing issues where when defensive players try to change directions and close out, you can see the footsteps get choppy like they have to get revved up to move.

Not complaining or nitpicking. Just an observation. Plenty live park gameplay on YT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 08:55 PM   #216
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster

Very disappointing.
😬 Not great. Can you import a custom roster into the mode? Thought that was confirmed. And can you import a player DNA into the mode? Big hit to my excitement for this if not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »