Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2022, 04:07 PM   #129
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Whoa, so are you saying you can edit each team’s Help Defense setting in the coach profile from the roster menu? The last few years you could only edit that in-game for Play Now (and it would reset after every game lol) or in the menu in MyNBA, but the setting was strangely missing from the roster menu outside of MyNBA.
Omg your right! Lmao! And YES you can set in roster now. That is what it is & for some reason I thought it had been there and skipped right over the fact it’s new. I’ve asked for this for as long as I can remember! You could only use it in mynba before. Correct. I can’t believe I skipped over that. No more having to switch teams before every game. By the way between 75-80 seems to be sweet spot imo… Huge small but BIG addition!

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 09-08-2022 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:16 PM   #130
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Don't have the game yet. Curious about what people think of the shot timing setting, which setting they're using, and why.
Old 09-08-2022, 04:17 PM   #131
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Yes you can play as the Suns

You can use custom draft classes or the classes 2K provides

The draft results won’t be the same, it’s your universe you create

I did watch a video earlier where the Magic ended up with the first pick and took Shaq again. So, sometimes things do align the way they did IRL

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yeah I'm not trying to replicate everything that happened irl for the years that follow. I'm fine with Shaq going #1 to a different team and so on. Actually for me that's what will make the game mode even more fun.

I'll probably hold out and hope for some really good created draft classes to use for the era mode.

Another question. Say I start in the 1983 era or whatever 80s year I can. If I reached say 1993, does the broadcast change to be what it is by default 93 era? Or will we have the original era broadcast we begin with throughout our run?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 04:18 PM   #132
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Omg your right! Lmao! And YES you can set in roster now. That is what it is & for some reason I thought it had been there and skipped right over the fact it’s new. I’ve asked for this for as long as I can remember! You could only use it in mynba before. Correct. I can’t believe I skipped over that. No more having to switch teams before every game. By the way between 75-80 seems to be sweet spot imo… Huge small but BIG addition!

That is fantastic news! I do most of my slider testing in Play Now so having to switch to both teams and change that stupid setting each and every game was a massive pain. Glad to hear you’ve found a good setting already, can’t wait to try it out myself later (I bought a PS5 and I guess they don’t sell tickets to New Zealand to PS5 owners )
Old 09-08-2022, 04:20 PM   #133
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Yeah I'm not trying to replicate everything that happened irl for the years that follow. I'm fine with Shaq going #1 to a different team and so on. Actually for me that's what will make the game mode even more fun.

I'll probably hold out and hope for some really good created draft classes to use for the era mode.

Another question. Say I start in the 1983 era or whatever 80s year I can. If I reached say 1993, does the broadcast change to be what it is by default 93 era? Or will we have the original era broadcast we begin with throughout our run?

All the broadcast elements, rules, jerseys, courts, and everything else will automatically change.

With you being given the choice to cancel a change or add any of your own

Old 09-08-2022, 04:21 PM   #134
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa

The broadcast would change as part of offseason.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2022, 04:23 PM   #135
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Don't have the game yet. Curious about what people think of the shot timing setting, which setting they're using, and why.

Early feels best and most natural to me, I’m already weaning myself off the meter by the feel of it alone

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 09-08-2022 at 04:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 04:26 PM   #136
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
All the broadcast elements, rules, jerseys, courts, and everything else will automatically change.

With you being given the choice to cancel a change or add any of your own

Man all this sounds amazing! Gonna be a late night with little sleep headed to work tmrrw morning. I haven't been this excited for a new game in a very long time. Being the first next gen game that's brand new and not played before obviously plays a big part of it, but these impressions have me counting down the hours.

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »