Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2022, 11:10 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I actually have seen a whole lot better pnr defence. I don't agree with that tbh.

Again i keep seeing that the pnr defence is whole lot better, i gotta say..
I hope you are right, may be I have a little bit exagerate with my comments, perhaps the user do not play very good basketball and these doesn't help for seeing the best action at all. I reserve my judgement after seeing more video
Old 09-08-2022, 11:21 AM   #50
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I took a little trip to NZ as well. I played 2 games in the modern era MyNBA. Love the lighting so far. I played on semi Pro to get a feel but I'm feeling the slower gameplay. This is my wheelhouse. I did a quick look in the Kobe era and there are tons of generic players but 2K did an awesome job of acquiring guys. They got my boy Dermarr Johnson on the Hawks! My mans is gonna have the career he deserves without the injuries.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-08-2022, 11:28 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
They added this really dope photo lighting to replay mode. You press the Left stick in to switch to the mode then left or right on the d-pad to cycle through the gallery. You also can control the scene and create your own photo like normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Absolutely stunning…Gonna be spending so much time in replay mode this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 11:29 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakingturtle
Can the CPU play any offense? This is what ruined the last couple 2ks for me. Every game i play no matter the difficulty they always shoot low 30% and barely ever score over 85/90pts on 12 min qtr.
This is my number 1 concern

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2022, 11:36 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
AIR, You’re going to have to show us how you’re dropping 20 in the 1st on HOF. Maybe your seeing something I can’t identify. This was what I saw after two conversions in the lane.

https://streamable.com/lq2g49
Tryin to dunk on whole team/giannis? Haha shoulda pulled the lil ft middie leaner or whatever it’s called.

-Smak
Old 09-08-2022, 11:40 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Yeah, initial blow boy’s are definitely easier than ‘22, That I agree with.

After reading your post I went in and recorded 3 mins worth of practice just trying to duplicate and couldn’t reproduce it without the AI adjusting either on the perimeter or helping more aggressively.

Even the content creators were having some issues with HOF. I don’t know…Just want to give those on the fence an accurate depiction without leaning too far in either extreme.

Guess we’ll see what everyone else experiences.
Yeah, I definitely don’t want to put people off. But I did say after their initial wording that offense seemed like it would be O/P this year. But the defense is starting to feel in a right place for me after making adjustments. Maybe I didn’t give CPU enough time to catch up, but their first games after that many points I’d think they would.

Have you guys seen players get doubled? Help defense does feel more alive than 2K22 but initially it was just frozen or late to help. Now with slider adjustments I’m seeing real help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
What system are you on?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
S Box S

Quote:
Can the CPU play any offense? This is what ruined the last couple 2ks for me. Every game i play no matter the difficulty they always shoot low 30% and barely ever score over 85/90pts on 12 min qtr.
Yeah they can definitely play offense.
Old 09-08-2022, 11:42 AM   #55
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
The CPU became Brain dead once 2k went to Next Gen
Crossing my fingers for 23🤞
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 11:42 AM   #56
MVP

Presentation is immaculate this year. Up to the quality of the GOAT adorned all over the game. MJ truly demands the best as his featured games are not coincidentally the best 2K’s of all.

Halftime show looks great! They’re a nice studio with the view of a city (or “The City”) behind them, which adds to the experience.

I’m hit or miss with the lighting personally. So far at least. Some courts do look better. It does look more cinematic. But the pink hue/filter just stands out to me, for better or worse. The bright wood on the modern Bulls court just hurrrrrts, literally hurts my eyes. I miss the beautiful warm wood in 2K22 on that court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »