Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-08-2022, 10:02 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K23 Early Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
AIR, You’re going to have to show us how you’re dropping 20 in the 1st on HOF. Maybe your seeing something I can’t identify. This was what I saw after two conversions in the lane.

https://streamable.com/lq2g49
Man I don’t know what to tell you. I put 96 Jordan onto the modern Bulls and had 28 points by the second quarter. Quarter length was 5 minutes (not 3 minutes as I thought). Every play I just turbo spammed to the hole.

Check my last post, I jacked cpu defense sliders all the way up, backed bidy up sensitivity up, and most importantly slowed down with ball speed and accel and rose without ball speed and accel. NOW I’m starting to feel a challenge getting to the hole. Either dunked or got fouled. HoF setting.

Outside of this, the game is incredible and I haven’t even delved into it. Far more polished than 2K22.

Really hoping these new setting I got really keep the defense where I want it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 10:02 AM   #26
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Loving these impressions so far. I’m dying to get my hands on this game

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2022, 10:03 AM   #27
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

The movement is much improved - you can really wrongfoot a player which is great. And there are a lot of new animations and contact when driving to the rim. Graphics are not that different to 22 and there is a ton of motion blurr going on on standard 50. But overall I really like it so far.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdoom911e

When Czar said the gap between Current and new gen is far from here on out i didnt thought it will be like this.

they didnt even tried to update things.
Oh no don't tell me that! How is your impressions on current gen Mfdoom?
Old 09-08-2022, 10:05 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
What's the difficulty Air?
HoF. Driving was staggeringly easy with Jordan. Now adjusting cpu defense and body up sensitivity and slowing down with ball speeds (and raising without ball speeds) it’s starting to feel like a game. Standard HoF was just insanely easy to break to the rim with Mike.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:06 AM   #30
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3

Just played the first Jordan challenge on hall of Fame and Ewing had me sweating but I was putting in work with Worthy down low as well. I won the game and got all of the objectives for Jordan but it didn't save once I backed out... hopefully that's not a problem because you can't play the next game if it doesn't count the win. I changed the quarter length to ten minutes in the main menu so maybe that's why.

The game feels great so far, shooting is definitely harder this year. Once I got used to timing it wasn't that hard to green though.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Old 09-08-2022, 10:15 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
HoF. Driving was staggeringly easy with Jordan. Now adjusting cpu defense and body up sensitivity and slowing down with ball speeds (and raising without ball speeds) it’s starting to feel like a game. Standard HoF was just insanely easy to break to the rim with Mike.
The main problem I had with 2K22 was this. You could dunk on almost every possession with players like Harden, Lebron, Jordan, Simmons, Lamelo, Morant...

A lot of people complained about PNR defense (me included), but I started to notice that you didn't even need it to exploit the bad cpu defense. Just pick a fast guy and drive to the basket.

I didn't play 2K23 yet so I can't share impressions, but from what I've seen in these early access gameplay videos and then reading your impressions... it's not looking good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2022, 10:17 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

so is cpu defense theere?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »