Home

MyEra Fix Wishlist

This is a discussion on MyEra Fix Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2023, 07:35 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MyEra Fix Wishlist

I feel you on the OCD thing
Old 11-26-2023, 08:17 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

Update:

In regards to Daniel Theis and the situation with him in the game there solution is this. When a player is waived he has 48 hours to clear waivers before he is actually considered an unrestricted free agent.

Solution: Release Daniel Theis from the Pacers on November 14th. 48 hours will be Nov. 16th and you sign him to the Clippers on Nov. 17th and he will sign for the veteran minimum.

As far as the Grizzlies situation is concerned you have to release Biyombo or another player on the roster and no matter how many injured players you have after that you can't sign players via the hardship exception.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Old 12-13-2023, 11:36 PM   #11
Pro

Bumping this thread are there are still a lot of issues persisting within MyNBA:

- You can't put protections on picks during the season. If you try to propose a trade, any pick you propose is automatically unprotected (you can do this in the offseason though).

- You can't initiate trades that include swap best/worst on picks.

- You can no longer offer rookie scale extensions (this was finally in but removed again in the latest patch).

- They still haven't updated the picks from the Lillard/KPJ/Holiday trades, and you can't do this in the roster editor either (so you need to create fake pick trades).

- You can't use injury hardship exceptions. If you don't have at least eight healthy players to start a game, it literally just removes injuries from players (I tested this with Memphis to try and create a situation where I could sign Biyombo).

- Start Today is still under maintenance, so if you want to create a league that mirrors real life you literally have to recreate all the moves yourself..

This mode badly needs some TLC, as the above makes it almost impossible to recreate a realistic and immersive league, especially if you want to imitate real life.

Last edited by sirdez; 12-14-2023 at 02:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2023, 09:49 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
Bumping this thread are there are still a lot of issues persisting within MyNBA:

- You can't put protections on picks during the season. If you try to propose a trade, any pick you propose is automatically unprotected (you can do this in the offseason though).

- You can't initiate trades that include swap best/worst on picks.

- You can no longer offer rookie scale extensions (this was finally in but removed again in the latest patch).

- They still haven't updated the picks from the Lillard/KPJ/Holiday trades, and you can't do this in the roster editor either (so you need to create fake pick trades).

- You can't use injury hardship exceptions. If you don't have at least eight healthy players to start a game, it literally just removes injuries from players (I tested this with Memphis to try and create a situation where I could sign Biyombo).

- Start Today is still under maintenance, so if you want to create a league that mirrors real life you literally have to recreate all the moves yourself..

This mode badly needs some TLC, as the above makes it almost impossible to recreate a realistic and immersive league, especially if you want to imitate real life.
This morning I have made it all the way to the beginning of January in my Modern Day MyEra and I can address some of the following issues.

1. The hardship exception - If you start from opening night and you put the proper injuries on the Memphis Grizzlies players (example - Morant (suspension), Clarke (Torn Achilles), Adams (Knee Surgery)) assign the players either the exact injury they have or something close it that will force them to have the red health symbol indicating they wont be allowed to play in any games.

The hardship exception kicks in AFTER the Grizzlies 5th game. This is when you can sign Bismack Biyombo. Now here is the issue that I ran into. I was not able to use the hardship exception to sign Shaquille Harrison or Jaylen Nowell to 10 day contracts AND in the game I was forced to release Biyombo I think it was 11/23 in the game, but I was able to re-sign him on 11/24 using the hardship exception because again I had injuries to players that they werent able to play.

2. In regards to protection on draft picks, I was just fooling around with the trade finder tool and if I select to trade a second round draft pick a pop up window comes up saying "Confirmation - please select the protection you want to put on this pick" and it gives you 3 options: unprotected, swap best or swap worst. If I select to trade first round draft pick a pop up window comes up saying "Confirmation - please select the protection you want to put on this pick" and it gives you the following options: unprotected, top 3 protected, top 5 protected, top 10 protected, lottery protected, swap best, swap worst.

3. I haven't tried the rookie scale extensions so I will have to just save myera file to another file and use that one as a testing file.

4. In regards to not being able to initiate trades with the best/worst swaps, do you mean you can't initiate trades with picks that have best or worst swaps already assigned to them?

I think that these little issues should be a priority to get fixed in this game mode if not sometime during 2k24, especially for 2k25. Adding a new feature to the game mode here and there isn't going to just make these little issues go away, so I think it's important to put the focus on things that if it's possible to correct to focus on those first.

Old 12-14-2023, 03:59 PM   #13
Pro

That's really interesting with the hardship exception. I tried to sign Biyombo at the same time Memphis did and it just kept telling me the roster couldn't exceed 15 players, even with the correct injuries. I added more injuries to try and force it but I couldn't get around it, and once I had less than eight healthy players and simmed a game, it just removed the injuries.

Will play around with pick swaps again but have never been able to.select best/worst, only if I use the trade finder and another team proposes it.
Old 12-14-2023, 06:24 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdez
That's really interesting with the hardship exception. I tried to sign Biyombo at the same time Memphis did and it just kept telling me the roster couldn't exceed 15 players, even with the correct injuries. I added more injuries to try and force it but I couldn't get around it, and once I had less than eight healthy players and simmed a game, it just removed the injuries.

Will play around with pick swaps again but have never been able to.select best/worst, only if I use the trade finder and another team proposes it.
If you have a free MyEra slot here's what I would suggest. Set up a Modern Day MyEra using your opening night roster set. Once you have gotten through all the settings (make sure you control all 30 teams) ... go to the Memphis Grizzlies and make sure that the following players have the following injuries and duration time to them ...

Ja Morant - Suspension (Duration - 59 days = 8-10 weeks)
Brandon Clarke - Torn Left Achilles (Duration 100 days = 2-4 months)
Steven Adams - Right Knee Surgery (Duration 300 days = 10-12 months)
Santi Aldama - Sprained Right Ankle (Duration 7 days = 1-2 weeks)

After the Grizzlies first game of the season on Oct. 25th edit Luke Kennard and give him the following injury (Concussion; Duration 5 days)

Sim all the way to Nov. 2nd and THEN sign Bismack Biyombo and you should get a pop up asking if you want to use the hardship exception (it has to be AFTER the Grizzlies 5th game of the season)

A team qualifies for a hardship exception when it meets all of the following criteria:
  1. It has at least four players unavailable due to injury or illness. (this should apply to the Grizzlies)
  2. All four of those players have missed at least three consecutive games. (this should apply to the Grizzlies)
  3. All four of those players are expected to remain sidelined for at least two more weeks.

Let me know if you are able to do it with the steps I provided.

Old 12-14-2023, 07:56 PM   #15
Pro

Ah, so the players need to have already missed four games. That is likely where I am going wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2023, 08:13 PM   #16
MVP

Yes, very certain that is the reason. On November 24th the Grizzlies injury list should look like this ...

Steven Adams - Right Knee Surgery (Duration - 269 days = season)
Ja Morant - Suspension (Duration - 28 days = 4-6 weeks)
Desmond Bane - Sprained Left Foot *Available* (Duration - 7 days = 1-2 weeks)
Brandon Clarke - Torn Left Achilles (Duration 69 days = 1-2 months)
Luke Kennard - Bruised Left Knee (Duration 29 days = 4-6 weeks) *current injury* injured as of 11/15/23
Jake LaRavia - Eye Surgery (Duration 22 days = 2-4 weeks) *current injury* injured as of 11/22/23
Marcus Smart - Sprained Left Foot (Duration 29 days = 4-6 weeks) *current injury* injured as of 11/15/23
Xavier Tillman - Sore Left Knee (Duration 16 days = 1-2 weeks) injured as of 11/15/23; returned 12/01/23

With all these injuries assigned to these players you shouldn't have to release Biyombo BUT if the game tells you that you have to release him and then the next day sign him again using the hardship exception.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »