Home

MyEra Fix Wishlist

This is a discussion on MyEra Fix Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2023, 05:02 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
MyEra Fix Wishlist

I'm strictly a MyEra player (Modern Era) and there are a few things after the first month of the season that is hard to ignore in the game now. These "issues" have been in the game mode for several years now and I've never seen anyone bring them up so I thought I would. Perhaps 2K could fix these issues in a patch or at the very least fix it for 2K25. Here are the issues:

1. Number of active players in gameplan - Prior to the new CBA there was a rule stating how many players a team was allowed to have active for a game. That rule is no longer in effect now as teams have played as many as 14 players in games this year. In one MyEra slot I try to just mirror the current NBA and sim each day after the games have been played and I go into each teams gameplan and set the rotation for that game, but with only having 13 active player slots there are certain games for teams that I can't put the correct rotation down. A team with a full roster will have 13 active player slots and 5 inactive player slots.
Anyway for 2K to fix this in a patch now or fix it in 2K25? - I would imagine it simply involves taking an inactive player slot and changing it to an active player slot.

2. Players assigned to the G-League are still in gameplan rotation - This is an issue I've noticed ever since the G-League returned to the game. In order to assign a player to the G-League you have to go into your coach settings and gameplan and move the player or player(s) into the inactive slots. However, and these are only involving players NOT on a two-way contract. I have noticed that if I put a player in an inactive slot and send him down that he will somehow pop back up when I got into that teams gameplan and do the rotations. Usually when this happens you get a popup on the screen saying "Players Name" is assigned to the G-League and can't be part of the current game rotation.

3. Would it be possible in 2K25 MyEra mode to add a 4th team for trades seeing as multiple team trades (3 teams or more) is more common and will be used more when the new luxury tax begins. In addition to having a 4th team inserted can there also be at least 2 or 3 more trade boxes per team. I think right now there are 7, but some of these trades recently involve a team sending more than 7 assets to another.

So far those are the only three things I have noticed. Everyone else feel free to add anything in a reply and hopefully those of us who play this mode can get some of these things fixed.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2023, 06:12 AM   #2
Pro

vetmin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyEra Fix Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglerock562

2. Players assigned to the G-League are still in gameplan rotation - This is an issue I've noticed ever since the G-League returned to the game. In order to assign a player to the G-League you have to go into your coach settings and gameplan and move the player or player(s) into the inactive slots. However, and these are only involving players NOT on a two-way contract. I have noticed that if I put a player in an inactive slot and send him down that he will somehow pop back up when I got into that teams gameplan and do the rotations. Usually when this happens you get a popup on the screen saying "Players Name" is assigned to the G-League and can't be part of the current game rotation.
This was/is an issue on old-gen as well, one of a number of legacy issues that magically persisted into new-gen despite the latter being "built from the ground up"...
Old 11-22-2023, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

They also need to bring back the ability to look at G-League stats for players on your roster as well as being able to edit morale (maybe this is already in the game tho).
Old 11-22-2023, 02:38 PM   #4
Rookie

During the draft you cant propose trades for players that have already been drafted. You have to use trade finder and hope you find the player you want offered in a trade. This hasn't worked for a couple years now.

Can't do swap best/worst draft picks with CPU but they can offer you them. Hasn't worked for a couple years either.

CPU teams don't offer in-season extensions, so you'll have players leaving for different teams in free agency every 3-4 years.

CPU teams renounce the rights to RFAs way too often to sign lower quality players.

Bring back off-season camps (especially untapped potential).
Old 11-22-2023, 07:21 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1287
During the draft you cant propose trades for players that have already been drafted. You have to use trade finder and hope you find the player you want offered in a trade. This hasn't worked for a couple years now.

Can't do swap best/worst draft picks with CPU but they can offer you them. Hasn't worked for a couple years either.

CPU teams don't offer in-season extensions, so you'll have players leaving for different teams in free agency every 3-4 years.

CPU teams renounce the rights to RFAs way too often to sign lower quality players.

Bring back off-season camps (especially untapped potential).
Pretty much all of these. The first two in particular seem to be next/current gen issues as I swear you could do both on old gen.

It's still such a deep mode but it's a shame you basically have to turn trade approvals on and control all teams during the offseason to get realistic roster construction. I'm sure it's extremely challenging to code this sort of stuff though, especially given the complexities in the real life CBA and the high level strategy involved in building and maintaining a roster.

A great example of this is OKC and all their picks. The CPU doesn't recognise they have too many picks and therefore initiate trades, so once you get 5-6 years in they just go through this cycle of drafting too many players for their roster spots.

There also isn't really CPU trade logic for trading for fit or to save cap space - rather, the CPU trading logic appears to be random and just based on player ratings (eg - 10 games in and the CPU will try to trade Jamal Murray for Jalen Brunson straight up). All proposed trades are pretty much just player for player swaps and not total asset hauls.

Again, I have no idea how you'd code this stuff. CPU transactions just feel so random and often illogical if you don't take over the controls. It feels like this area has been left largely untouched BECAUSE the game gives you the mechanism to take control.

Every year there seems to be young players the CPU just doesn't value and will constantly try to trade, leave unprotected in an expansion draft and doesn't take up team options on. Previously this was MPJ, Rj Barrett, the last couple of years it's been Jalen Duren. The Knicks always try to trade Brunson as well (in one sim he literally won Finals MVP in the first season, then on draft night they tried to trade him for pick 18!).

Agree with the suggestion of being able to include a 4th and even 5th team in trades. Plus would be nice to see 3-team trades come up with CPU vs CPU proposals as well.

It's nice that rookie scale extensions are in the game, but the CPU doesn't use them, so unless you manually do it, all CPU players go into their last year of their rookie deals unsigned every time.

Last edited by sirdez; 11-22-2023 at 07:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2023, 07:13 PM   #6
MVP

Here are two other things I had to work around so far in my muliple MyEra Files. I have 2 or 3 MyEra slots used as testing slots.

For the James Harden trade I had to remove OKC from the original 3 team deal and put Sacramento in their place and construct the trade as follows:

PHI GETS: Batum, Covington, Martin Jr and Morris Sr.

LAC GETS: James Harden and P.J. Tucker

SAC GETS: Filip Petrusev

If you trade Petrusev to the Clippers you can't trade him in the game for 50 days. As someone pointed out the future draft picks are unable to utilize the best/worst options of picks.

The second thing I've run into involves the Clippers again. This time with Daniel Theis.

After waiving him from the Pacers if you try to sign him as a free agent you can't change his salary (it stays at $9.1 million) and if you try to negotiate or offer him a contract you get the pop up telling you that you are over the salary cap and can only sign players for the minimum ($1.10 million). The only work around I see for this is you have to edit Theis contract and drop his salary down to $1.10 million before you release him from the Pacers.

The next thing that might come up is when you get to Thanksgiving and the Memphis Grizzlies signed Harrison and Nowell to 10 day contracts, but I think if you edit the injuries to the current players the hardship exception is activated and you could sign both. I'm a week behind that point in my actual MyEra file so when I get there I'll give an update.

Last edited by Eaglerock562; 11-23-2023 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2023, 09:37 PM   #7
Pro

I did both of those transactions on the correct dates in my save as well, but did it as follows:

- Because Petrusev was traded for the draft rights to someone overseas, I just traded him to the Clippers (with OKC as the third team in the trade), released him and then signed him as a FA for Sactown. You can also turn off/on the 50 day rule in options to get around the issue of not being able to on-trade someone.

- With Theis, as you say, before releasing him from Indiana, edit his contract down to the minimum. The Clippers can then sign him, and you can then manually edit his LA contract to the $2.1m he is on. The downside to this is Indiana avoid any cap penalty but there's no other way to do it because the mode doesn't have buyouts.

Replicating the Harden trade also highlighted another issue, in that there are only six asset spots for each team in a trade. Four of those were already taken up with Clippers players, so I could only include two picks.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:58 PM   #8
MVP

And I'm past that point in time already in my actual MyEra file. I'm currently on Nov. 17th (the day that the Clippers sign Theis) so I would have to re-start and remember to edit Theis before releasing him.

Now the problem that I mentioned earlier with the Grizzlies and signing Harrison and Nowell this now has happened. November 17th in MyEra mode a popup will occur informing you that the Grizzlies are no longer eligible for the hardship exception and must release a player to get back under the limit. That is despite the following injuries to players on the current roster:

Ja Morant - suspension 4-6 weeks (out)
Marcus Smart - sprained right foot (out)
Luke Kennard - bruised left knee (out)
Derrick Rose - sore left knee (out)
Steven Adams - right knee surgery (out)
Xavier Tillman Sr. - sprained left knee (out)
Brandon Clarke - torn achilles (out)
Jake Laravia - eye surgery (out)

Thats eight players out due to injury and the following assigned to the G-League:

G.G. Jackson
Vince Williams Jr.

With the Daniel Theis issue I have decided to just continue without signing him and see how that plays out. I was thinking of signing Blake Griffin (since he will accept the minimum) and see where that takes things.

The Grizzlies situation however might force me to re-start cause if it insists that I have to waive a player Biyombo will be waived but then what?

I could of course always start a new Modern Day MyEra and the starting point be today, November 23rd, but I would not be able to use my custom roster.

As someone who is like majorly OCD when it comes to their sports franchise playing little hiccups like this always disappoint me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »