Home

MyEra Fix Wishlist

This is a discussion on MyEra Fix Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2023, 11:28 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: MyEra Fix Wishlist

NEW ISSUE

I am currently on January 4th 2024 of my Modern era MyERA file and obviously the player transactions that have taken place over the past week I have implemented them but they are two weeks difference, but there is one player movement that has become an issue so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

That player movement issue is Theo Maledon. He was on a two-way contract with the Hornets and was waived on 12/14/23. He was claimed by the Suns off of waivers on 12/17/23. The issue has to be that the Suns have a full 15 man roster, but they only have 2 players under two-way contracts (each team now is allowed to have 3), but if you go and negotiate with Maledon you will get a popup saying CONFIRMATION a team can have at most 15 players on its roster during the season.

Phoenix has a two way slot open and it doesn't give you the option of signing Maledon to that open two-way spot.

I find that very odd considering that when making the player movement with the Raptors and waiving Ron Harper Jr I was able to sign Jontay Porter using the 3rd and available two-way slot. Same with the Knick and Dylan Windler when I waived him I was able to use the now open and available two-way slot.

Seeing as the Suns are the only team in the league with no direct G-League team they outsource their two way players to another teams G-League for now, but that shouldn't restrict them from having that 3rd two-way roster spot available.

Issue Resolved
Found out what the issue was and this is the way to work around it. Before negotiating with Maledon edit his years played and drop it down to 2 years (because two-way contracts can't be offered to players with 3 years or more experience) and then once you sign him to that two-way contract you can edit it back to 4 years.

Former Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
Eaglerock562 NBA2K MyEra Reference Guide

Last edited by Eaglerock562; 12-17-2023 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Issue solved
Old 12-18-2023, 12:03 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Idk if anybody mentioned, but the omission of G-League stats is pretty disappointing. I like to be able to see how guys that I send down to the G-League are progressing nothing populates there.

Stats are recorded for the G-League free agents, but guys on your roster that you send down there for development leave you with no indication on if they're even a good player or not lol. This in itself basically makes the G-League useless. Damn shame.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:12 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXCarson
Idk if anybody mentioned, but the omission of G-League stats is pretty disappointing. I like to be able to see how guys that I send down to the G-League are progressing nothing populates there.

Stats are recorded for the G-League free agents, but guys on your roster that you send down there for development leave you with no indication on if they're even a good player or not lol. This in itself basically makes the G-League useless. Damn shame.
You sure about that? I remember there is a way you could look at the players stats at a team glance that are in the G League
Old 12-18-2023, 02:29 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY_D1
You sure about that? I remember there is a way you could look at the players stats at a team glance that are in the G League
Usually you could just pull up a player you sent down to the G League's player card and see their stats (it would be next to split stats). You no longer can do this though.
Old 12-18-2023, 02:58 PM   #21
Rookie

I'm a big fan of the Jordan and Magic/Bird Eras and one this I would like to see is an enhanced or customizable presentation for the scoreboard overlay along with halftime and end of game presentation.

Another enhancement I would like to see is more authenticity with the older arenas. Some of the older arenas like the Salt Palace, Boston Garden, and the Arizona Veteran's Memorial Coliseum had character. If replicas of those arenas are not possible than I ask to have generic arenas that do not have the iconic MSG ceiling structure. Only MSG looks like that and ask they get away from that as a default.

Lastly, for the hard work by the roster creators (and others) I hope that created rosters can be transferred over to the next edition. They do great work and it's so time intensive for duplication of efforts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2023, 03:54 PM   #22
Pro

They have finally updated the draft picks from trades in the offseason (and the Harden trade) now.
Old 12-29-2023, 02:44 PM   #23
MVP

Just wanted to bring this everyone's attention or maybe it might just be me, but I've currently just finished my games up to January 28th 2024 and went to go take a look at the standings and noticed that records under the conference and division columns are totally incorrect. My Lakers are currently 26-21 overall, but they have a division record of 4-2 and a conference record of 11-6, meaning that they've only played 17 games against Western Conference teams so that means the other 30 games have been against the Eastern Conference teams. That's totally incorrect since that would be I have faced all 15 teams from the East twice and I still have upcoming road games against (Atlanta, Boston, New York, Charlotte) and home games still against (Detroit, Washington, Milwaukee, Atlanta, Philadelphia) and road games in March against (Indiana, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Toronto, Washington). In fact I have a home game against Cleveland in early April. Now looking at the division record of 4-2, I've played the division opponents as followed (Clippers 3 times, Kings 2 times, Warriors 1 time, Suns 4 times) equals 10 games against division opponents. Not sure why but this glitch or bug stuck to every single team if you look at your standings. I know this isn't something game changing, but I've never encountered this in any 2k game before.

Old 01-04-2024, 08:21 AM   #24
MVP

I found this issue when I started a "TODAY" Modern Era file. I was looking through the boxscores and there are boxscores that are incomplete or missing stats from a quarter. For someone like myself this is a little thing that really kills my whole experience. I would think that 2K after all these years would not half-assed with certain things especially things like this that are really nothing more than inputting names and numbers into a spreadsheet right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »