Home

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #3129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Do you get to suggest players to the GM that you want him to trade for like in current gen? I really can't stand playing with certain players, it's like they do nothing to contribute (offensively, anyway). I know I can say I don't get along with another player but when I did that and chose the "other" option, it just finished the cutscene and I didn't even get to select the player I wanted to get traded.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:30 AM   #3130
MVP

OVR: 14

35 games into my rookie season as a 6'7" SF with the Bucks. Just playing on All Star as this is my first NBA game since 2K9.

Really enjoying it, for the first 25 games or so I've mainly been a role player averaging 7 PPG, 3.5 RPG and 2 APG in about 15 MPG, but have picked it up in the last 10 games or so - career high 22 at Utah, followed by my first double-double (21p, 10r) in Phoenix, then just pipping my career high points with 23 against Chicago. So now I'm finally averaging 10 PPG on the season and most of my stats are even with Jackson Ellis (except for my FT shooting and 3PT shooting ).

Unfortunately my good individual performances have coincided with a 5-game losing streak (4 losses by 10 points or more) dropping us to 18-17 on the season. We play in OKC in the next game so surely we'll be .500 after that. Still remain 5th in the East at least.

Also, since I started playing on New Year's Day, I've NOT had a single server issue! Which is a bit odd considering quite often lately my PS4 has issues connecting to my Wi-Fi but it seems to correct itself automaticall and hasn't affected 2K14 for me yet...
Old 01-18-2014, 06:34 AM   #3131
Rookie

...finally just seeing the all-star game voting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 07:21 AM   #3132
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow so figure this i created my SF put in 60k vc i farmed and then i go into the showcase and i forgot that i didn't touch my nickname and it turns out to be MIRCALE MAN ...just wow i flipped out when i heard that it sounds so lame

Ended up deleting it as soon as i heard that ffs i wish you could actually change it and they would call you by your actual name
Old 01-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #3133
Rookie

NBA 2K14 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Maaaaaaan this game is borderline unplayable. I can play through all the usual BS(CPU hitting 60FG%

Do many really suffer from a high CPU fg % ? I usually hold the cpu to about 46-50% shooting. If anything it's my team that scores a high %. I play on superstar sim and average about 22-25ppg so I don't see the problem. If you play HOF then you know the CPU is going to cheese like crazy.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #3134
Rookie

Foul/Sub system is broken. LaMarcus Aldridge (on my team) ended the game with 8 f-ing fouls and was never taken out! I tested it and got myself 3 fouls in one quarter, wasn't subbed out either.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #3135
Rookie

HeyItsKC's Arena

Quick question. How does MyCareer quarter length affect other teams? If I set it to 6 minute quarters will I be competing with 12 minute quarter player stats in the league leaders?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #3136

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kainomac
Do many really suffer from a high CPU fg % ? I usually hold the cpu to about 46-50% shooting. If anything it's my team that scores a high %. I play on superstar sim and average about 22-25ppg so I don't see the problem. If you play HOF then you know the CPU is going to cheese like crazy.
I do and it doesn't matter the game mode. What really drives me bonkers is the CPU shoots at least 50% from 3 every game. I mean the CPU just drains 3s like its nothing. I lowered the CPU 3point slider to 40, played a quick game and they still shot north of 50%. Doesnt help that your AI teammates are terrible at defending off ball on the perimeter. But then CPU AI sags off flooding the paint then has this magical warp of speed to recover and defend outside shots. 3s need a 10-15% success reduction globally imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »