Home

NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now For Xbox One and PS4

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now For Xbox One and PS4 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14 Roster Update Available Now For Xbox One and PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
Enter MyGM and choose custom rosters. No need to post the same 3 times.
^^ He really wanted his question answered....
Old 12-06-2013, 12:50 PM   #90
Just started!

OVR: 0
Here's a link to specify what I was saying http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?394696-NBA2K14-Patch-Released-on-PS4-amp-XB1-(3rd-Patch-in-the-works)
Old 12-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwboutte
This might be the worst update ever (from a neglected Celtics fan) -- Jared Sullinger still can't score inside or shoot a three (If he keeps playing at the level he is now he deserves Post Proficiency). Jeff Green's corner 3 has two bars in-game, while he's shooting an outrageous 52% from the corner this season. Avery Bradley's mid-range jumper has improved and so has his 3 point shooting but is not reflected. Finally, Faverani and Pressey.... just aren't Faverani (who also can't currently shoot) and Pressey. Oh yeah, they also have Bradley at the Point Guard and and Jordan Crawford at the Shooting Guard when it's clearly the other way around!

PLEASE GIVE US SUBSTANCE 2K! -- Disappointed Celtics fan
i haven't played the new rosters yet, but if this is true, it's a travesty. all superfluous features aside, the two biggest pillars of a bball game should be gameplay and rosters. remember the lengths we went to get rosters right on a game like ken griffey jr baseball? we had to hand-input every player. same with some early maddens (if i recall correctly). i remember tecmo basketball being the absolute SHIZZLE because it had all the real nba players. today, stakes is high[er] (© de la), but the precepts are the same: get the on-court gameplay right (check) and get these rosters straight. if jared sullinger is one of the leaders and mvp's of his nba team, some attention should be paid to the details of his game. he's chuckin' threes pretty freely thus far, and doing decently for a player of his skillset (2.5 attempts per game at 31%). and jwboutte absolutely right ... sully has been demanding (yes demanding) a double-team in the post lately. the bucks, with all their frontcourt size and length, were doubling sully pretty frequently in monday's game. if you're good enough to require a double team by another nba team, you should get some love in the post-up game, whether through ratings or special skill cards (or whatever they're called). and hell, vitor faverani (unquestionably a rotation player at 16.2 mpg) is throwing up 1.4 threes per game at 33%. now i'm willing to let role players slide more, but as far as starters/team leaders, please get their attributes right.

and on a selfish note, that doesn't necessarily pertain to gameplay or roster ratings, PLEASE UPDATE JEFF GREEN'S SKIN TONE! he is not a light-skinned brother. i mean, look at him.

real life:

2k13:
default and modded likeness (i think):

2k14 NG (pulled from a youtube clip):

c'mon now. forget the fact that his facial features are still off from previous 2ks. but i can't tell the difference between him and avery bradley when playing in broadcast mode. now THAT shouldn't be a problem.

so yeah. respect each team please ... and selfishly, respect the Cs!
• Dr. J Vs. Bird
• Lakers Vs. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs
• Jordan Vs. Bird
• NBA Jam
• SNES NCAA Basketball
• Tecmo NBA Basketball
• NBA Live 95
• NBA 2k2 to infinity

Last edited by hapa17; 12-06-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #92
Rookie

on a side note, i wonder if 2k (kinda, sorta, just a teensy weensy bit) intentionally does a poor job on some of these players' likenesses to sort of incentivize them to cooperate and do a full facial scan. if i were an nba player, i'm sure i'd be weirded out by a group of nerds hunting down every nba player to do a face scan ... but once i saw a pitiful likeness of myself, a la jeff green, andre miller's insane face, chris paul's terrible face, etc., i might be more inclined to get with the nerd-program.
• Dr. J Vs. Bird
• Lakers Vs. Celtics and the NBA Playoffs
• Jordan Vs. Bird
• NBA Jam
• SNES NCAA Basketball
• Tecmo NBA Basketball
• NBA Live 95
• NBA 2k2 to infinity
Old 12-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #93
Pro

CD90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
What's the point of having D.Rose in the game and can't play with him against you friends or in quick matches until 2k15? They could have added him to the injured list and would have caused the same effect.

Would be too much work if they do this or if they release an official rosters without injuries for those who want to use every player? I don't think so.
I really would like to see someone from 2k respond to it.
But i guess all we would get is: "maybe in future games".

Old 12-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #94
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapa17
on a side note, i wonder if 2k (kinda, sorta, just a teensy weensy bit) intentionally does a poor job on some of these players' likenesses to sort of incentivize them to cooperate and do a full facial scan. if i were an nba player, i'm sure i'd be weirded out by a group of nerds hunting down every nba player to do a face scan ... but once i saw a pitiful likeness of myself, a la jeff green, andre miller's insane face, chris paul's terrible face, etc., i might be more inclined to get with the nerd-program.
Its just a lot harder to compete with scans this year. Shouldnt effect skin color though.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
sometimes I really don't get some complaints.
Nba today is imagined to replicate games day by day as in real life
What's the point in playing it with injured players?

Well some of us are not trying to play the NBA Today games, some just want to play offline quick games with any team or player we want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #96
Pro

OVR: 2

I personally don't mind having similar people be the character models I only wish they at least put in their real faces for the pictures. Oh and didn't make Nene a default 79. I was hoping maybe like a 74 so it wouldn't impact my rosters too much. Oh well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »