Home

NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #121
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K14 VC Shows Its Ugly Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersCruz
omg..

You can simulate MyGM for a couple of hours im not sure exactly how long it takes because i don't keep a time limit unfortunately for you and you can get up to 30k i've done it a few times already but it gets boring after a while.

Or you can go play 20-30 games and earn the same amount and go through all the unrealistic rosters for the same amount

What don't you understand?
How long do you believe it'd take to complete 30 games? Perhaps around one hour a piece? A total of 30 hours? According to a recent article here at OS, some gamers must play upwards of 60 games to earn 30,000 VC (http://www.operationsports.com/featu...es-and-misses/). So if one gamer were able to carve an hour out of their schedule every night for two months, they might be able to earn 30,000 VC?

Moving forward, what can be purchased for 30,000 VC? I've read custom shoes that gamers build themselves must be purchased for 7,500 VC, nearly 1/4 of 60 games worth the work. Is this true? Accessories and signature jumpshots are free at least, yes?

So, to try to put this one to rest, are you saying gamers merely have to opt between at least six hours of not really playing the game (i.e. simming, simming, simming) or play between 30-60 games (likely at least forty hours of gameplay) just for the opportunity to buy four pairs of shoes to wear at The Park?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #122
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
How long do you believe it'd take to complete 30 games? Perhaps around one hour a piece? A total of 30 hours? According to a recent article here at OS, some gamers must play upwards of 60 games to earn 30,000 VC (http://www.operationsports.com/featu...es-and-misses/). So if one gamer were able to carve an hour out of their schedule every night for two months, they might be able to earn 30,000 VC?

Moving forward, what can be purchased for 30,000 VC? I've read custom shoes that gamers build themselves must be purchased for 7,500 VC, nearly 1/4 of 60 games worth the work. Is this true? Accessories and signature jumpshots are free at least, yes?

So, to try to put this one to rest, are you saying gamers merely have to opt between at least six hours of not really playing the game (i.e. simming, simming, simming) or play between 30-60 games (likely at least forty hours of gameplay) just for the opportunity to buy four pairs of shoes to wear at The Park?
Wow are you trolling seriously? obviously playing a game takes much much longer which im not willing to do because all my VC goes in MyCareer

the shoes being 7.5k are useless you will get your endorsement deal towards the end of your first season and have them all free
Old 12-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I'm happy to see this article on Operation Sports. The VC system in NBA 2K14 (next gen) ruined the game for me. NBA 2K14 was the PS4 game I wanted most before launch and I even shelled out an extra $30 on the first day to unlock all the features I wanted to use right away. Then, the more I played, the more disappointed I was in everything missing from the final product (e.g., Cheerleaders, people moving in the stands, warm ups, non-unified slider settings, etc.).

The final straw was when I went to play My GM and got a message telling me I couldn't play my single-player Association because I couldn't connect to the 2K server. That was it. I was done. The game went back to where I purchased it defective. I understood I would be able to play the game offline and that's just not the case. Add in the bugs and all the missing features, and my disappointment is off the charts.

Even though I've been a huge 2K fan for years, NBA 2K14 is the last game I'm giving a chance until offline single-player returns and the overall quality of the product increases.
sorry bro 2k wont miss u
Old 12-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #124
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

I swear to God I don't understand those defending VC.

There's a tendency in NG of introducing microtransactions in AAA +$60 games (NBA 2K, Forza, GT6...) and call it what you wanna call it VC is microtransactions. How can you defend how they are stripping down games and hidding contents on purpose just to make you pay more once you have already bought it? Do you like to get robbed?

Do you remember the times when if you payed $60 for a game you had (the right for) the full experience? because it seems that some of you have born yesterday gezz.

Keep defending them, I guess you will be happy when you have to pay around $200 for the full experience.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #125
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Honestly, this is being blown WAY out of proportion. The whole "having to spend VC to change your lineup" is just having to literally play one game, buy the option, and then you can change your lineup as you wish for the rest of your GM mode. It's not that bad.

Nobody's forcing you guys to buy VC.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #126
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
I swear to God I don't understand those defending VC.

There's a tendency in NG of introducing microtransactions in AAA +$60 games (NBA 2K, Forza, GT6...) and call it what you wanna call it VC is microtransactions. How can you defend how they are stripping down games and hidding contents on purpose just to make you pay more once you have already bought it? Do you like to get robbed?

Do you remember the times when if you payed $60 for a game you had (the right for) the full experience? because it seems that some of you have born yesterday gezz.

Keep defending them, I guess you will be happy when you have to pay around $200 for the full experience.
Well the prices should be lowered , VC should be removed from MyGM stuff like changing your lineup and staff , also your head coach getting pissed off when you don't want to send a defender for camp is a bunch of crap

They should just have it there as a option for gamers like in 2k13
Old 12-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #127
MVP

RangersCruz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
Honestly, this is being blown WAY out of proportion. The whole "having to spend VC to change your lineup" is just having to literally play one game, buy the option, and then you can change your lineup as you wish for the rest of your GM mode. It's not that bad.

Nobody's forcing you guys to buy VC.
While true but greg popovich getting pissed off at me for not sending wiggins for example to big man's defense and then saying he wants to quit...? explain that please
Old 12-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #128
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Sure there are ways to earn VC by simming or griding through pointless games you would not otherwise play...

...but no one wanted a VC farming simulation game.

Its an absolute disgrace that some have to farm VC just to get the gaming experience they want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »