Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 07:57 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
No more VC. It's really bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMTS
I agree with the Summer-League and all but maybe not as long, not everyone wants to play 6-10 games before playing in an actual NBA game.
I can relate to you on the monotony of Summer League in previous editions of 2K. Some additions I'd recommend to enhance the draw and replay value of Summer League and D-League:

1. Include the Ability to Simulate Games (or skip Summer League altogether): I believe in a simulation Summer League/D-League schedule, but I also believe in giving gamers choices. I could see myself getting to a point where I wouldn't want to play a full slate of games while still loving that I can play in the Summer League or D-League if I wanted to.

2. Authenticate the Summer League/D-League environment: Currently, there's two Summer Leagues: one held on the Orlando Magic's practice court (lasting one week) and another held at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas (also one week). I think having the proper areas hosting these events would do a lot for the sake of immersion and authenticity.

For the D-League, I'd understand authentic arenas would be tough to come by (a little more difficult catering to an entire league's arena lineup versus the Summer League's mere two venues). Still, I'd at least like to see the proper court art for each squad.

3. Proper Summer League Gear: This is largely in reference to employing proper practice jerseys for summer league in addition to including proper D-League jerseys. NBA 2K offers practice gear as wearable options already. It'd be nice to give them a real spot to be worn (aside from Practice mode).

4. Assistant Coaches Heading Each Squad in Summer League. Perhaps authentic D-League coaches (or generics who are editable in name and appearance)

5. Summer League/D-League Rosters Filled Out with Available Young Free Agents or at Worst, Editable Generics (including name edit capability).

6. Authentic Arena Sounds: Orlando's Summer League features almost no spectators, leading to the sounds of the game taking center stage. Meanwhile, Las Vegas has fans, but it can be at least somewhat sparse. It obviously won't sound like an NBA arena (something 2K covered well in their first Summer League/D-League go-around).

7. Availability During Association Mode: In addition to MyPlayer, it'd be nice to have the Summer League and D-League available to play and work with during franchise modes, allowing gamers to work out draft picks and potential young signees (or returning youths).

In the case of the D-League, it'd be legit to create an authentic enough environment (rosters, coaches, teams) that it could offer a mid-season respite (at worst) for those who have grown tired of the monotony of playing with the same NBA team each night. MVP Baseball 2005 nailed this aspect. Their minor league clubs were fully editable and featured an enjoyable change of pace.

In its past life, I believe the D-League was largely ignored in 2K by gamers due to its lack of customization. It was real teams featuring very fake players. Being able to fill those teams out authentically makes a world of difference. Allowing gamers to download D-League rosters from 2KShare would be a significant bonus.

Last edited by VDusen04; 03-04-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #43
Rookie

1. Dynamic season: play your franchise mode with real events and scores and trades so you don't see fake and weird rosters. Tired of playing teams that I'm hyped for only to realize they traded away major pieces for crap players. Of course your players would remain untouched unless you would agree to it via the phone call from the gm

2. 3 team trades, sign and trade, allow start season from current date and select how many games should be in the season.

3. Proper character creation

4. Saves to the system.

5. Adaptive commentary, take segments from play by play and refresh the commentary.

6. Give the owner a voice or the players even if it's like Microsoft Sam, Siri or similar to your navigation ai that you use. I'll take a heavily robot voice rather than just plain text and mime characters.

7. Get paid in dollars not in vc and price things accordingly.

8. Add range as a rating, some can hit from deep

9. Classic 2000 teams. Lakers rockets etc

That's all I can think of while I'm on the john but I'll be back
Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 PM   #44
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

OVR: 2

1. ONLINE ASSc. MODE, all phases of it, COMMISH control, rosters, practice mode, with in the ONLINE ASSC. everything!!!!!!!!!

2.PRACTICE PLAY MODE, needs to return, it is taking too much time to learn these plays on the job training, the playbook will be revamp AGAIN!!!!!!! , with new plays terminology, so we need this mode, DONT MAKE US WAIT, LIKE THE COMMUNITY is WAITING FOR THE ORIGINAL CREW MODE TO RETURN.

3.DEFENSIVE SETTINGS TO GO WITH POE, old settings bring it back!!!!!!!

4.GAMEPLAY, PICK N ROLL, why is it two ppl, can set PICKS, DONT MAKE NO d..... SENCE, we need ALL OFFENSIVE PLAYERS to set PICKS, in a OFFENSE, CENTER and your power FOWARD, is not going to CUT IT. EVERYBODY SET A PICK, with ICON OPTIONS.

5, @2K FIX YOUR D.... SERVERS, COMMUNITY IS TIRED OF THIS ONGOING ISSUES FOR YEAAARRRRRRS, Get some "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW" SERVERS, VERIZON, something, anything, as LONG AS WE CAN LOG ON WITH NOOOOOOO ISSUES

6.BRING BACK CREW MODE FOR THE COMMUNITY, @2K been holding the COMMUNITY HOSTAGES LONG ENOUGH

7. SAVE OPTIONS TO HDD, EDIT CAPABILITIES, ALL PHASES, LIKE BFORE, YOU AT @2K had a problem with it.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 12

Integrate how each franchise is built. This consists of FA signings, draft, trade, etc.

Integrate coach experience and what type of players they prefer. This should determine how each team plays. What's the point of coaches at the moment? Player tendencies shouldn't outweigh coach profiles.

List players as superstar, star, starter, 6th man, role player, bench player, prospect. This way players are more valued by certain coaches and franchises.

Integrate player role + salary + current form + how he fits in a system to determine his actual value. This is dynamic rating per team.

Commissioner mode for offline GM. Let us veto bad CPU trades when 2ks logic fails.

Revamp the ratings. Quit being nice to so many players. An athlete shouldn't get to tweet Ronnie and get an upgrade.

More analysis on replays. I'd like to see a replay from say the first period be replayed in the third if it was vital.

Better sound. Arena atmosphere and revamp the intensity of certain games. Rivalries need to reflect that. Tired of every game being the same exact.

Quit letting non dancing fools doing the dougie pre game. Looks ridiculous. Do it right or take it out.

Last edited by eF 5ive; 01-07-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 10:45 PM   #46
Rookie

accurate rosters on day of launch and updated weekly (daily would be ideal, but how hard is it to update if you have it correct from the beginning).

fix plays and tendencies. i fully believe that the ratings need to be revamped. possibly to a % to reflect real life. how hard is it to quantify a rated 90 shooter and how easy is it to quantify a 43% shooter from 12-18ft. PRETTY EASY WITH STATS. PRETTY EASY TO SEE WHAT TEAMS RUN WHAT PLAYS IN EVERY SITUATION NOW. all teams play the same in this game.

fix free agency in mycareer.

overlapping tattoos (MORE TATTOOS), overlapping gear. more customization to myplayer, physically.

allow mycareer to use custom rosters. here's a tip, if you're limiting 'the most popular mode' due to online hackers/cheaters but allow people to pay to upgrade, then your system is broken. we offline players shouldn't be penalized. crew should be totally separate and not related to myplayer. make crew/park/whatever broken mode you **** out have its own grinding system. this game lost a lot of fun by locking out custom roster makers. bedwardsroy19s rosters gave the game so much extra life, it's ridiculous. now i have to deal with stupid ****ty 2k rated rosters where wrong players start and get more time due to ratings bs.

limit animations. if i pass to a person on the 3pt line and they're pretty open, they shouldn't fake juke allowing their defender to get up to them.

there's so much more, but who cares. no one will see this.

there's so much wrong with this game, honestly. i was pumped because a lot of things i asked for in 2k14's wishlist was actually implemented but this game is a grind for no reason.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Reinvigorate NBA All-Star Weekend and Allow It to Be Played Outside of Assocations or MyCareers

I steadfastly maintain that NBA 2K13's Dunk Contest and 3-Point Shootout were largely ignored not because gamers are not interested in these events, but because these events were executed so poorly by 2K. Here are some improvements I feel would help breathe life into All-Star Weekend:

1. Re-institute a dunk contest control scheme that returns control the gamer: NBA 2K13 introduced an "intuitive, pick-up-and-play" control scheme. This consisted of pre-selecting a dunk name, watching a cut scene play out, and clicking random buttons a la Guitar Hero. At no point did gamers feel as though they were actually controlling what was happening on-screen. As such, there was very little sense of creativity, execution, and reward. It didn't feel like gamers were making players dunk. It felt like they were entering code to unlock a dunking cut scene.

I propose returning to a scheme similar to what was seen in earlier 2K's on the 360. Or perhaps, look back to NBA Live's successful dunk contest and implement some of their control aspects (which all felt very intuitive in contrast to 2K13's).

2. Implement an authentic rule structure. Allow rules to be customized by users: As fun as 2K's dunk contest may have been in 2K7 (and in subsequent years), one issue I was continually running into was a lack of customization. I liked participating, but I didn't always want to commit to a four-person, three round competition. I felt I was always speeding through other contestants or controlling them myself and still plodding along much more slowly than I would have preferred.

I'd recommend implementing true-to-life contest rules:
a. Two Rounds
b. Six Competitors
c. Two dunks per round
d. Two Finalists
e. 30-50 scoring range per dunk (five judges)

In turn, I'd also allow the number of contestants and rounds to be fully editable, so gamers could just play a one round, two person contest if they just want to have some quick fun.

3. Allow any dunker to enter the contest (including classic players and create-a-players)

4. Allow any jersey to be worn during the contest (home, away, alts, retros)

5. Dunk Contest Practice Mode

6. Include classic real-life dunk contest dunks into the list of possible dunk contest dunks (Harold Miner's signature reverse, Larry Nance's cuffs, Vince Carter's 360, Dwight Howard's sticker dunk, etc.)

7. Bonus: Include historic dunk contestants as possible participants: Imagine a system that allowed gamers to unlock 1987 Spud Webb for competition after winning a dunk contest with a player standing under 6'0''. Or how about unlocking 1994 J.R. Rider for winning a competition whilst implementing a between-the-legs dunk? A lot of awesome and rewarding potential there.

Last edited by VDusen04; 01-07-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 11:08 PM   #48
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11

Another LOUD vote for CPU vs CPU in GM mode. I like playing that way as a break from controlling a player in myplayer games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »