Home

NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #89
Rookie

mitsurugi_78's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsurugi_78
i played several games in MyTeam last night...a few domination which weren't all that much different, slightly higher field goal percentage and score...which...with the easier open shots is sort of expected. But playing domination...its nothing but 3 point contest after 3 point contest...unless it is all 10 year olds playing I get no joy from playing this game like that. One guy used Carmello Anthony and went 9 for 9 from 3 point. He never shot anything but 3's with Melo....and one...I was so in his face I would have been happy with a foul called...and he still freaking made it...and these weren't even green releases. Defense feels mostly the same to me. And the Alley-opp thing seems to be random...I've seen a few that other people tried that were in good positions and had the numbers for some good oops...but the pass was wild or just thrown away...and then I've had guys running down the court from mid court throw alley oops with guys in position to cover them and they go up and get it...it still needs some adjusting...pretty weak how it can be abused. Honestly i feel like I'm playing NBA Jam...it opponent does nothing but shoot 3's or throw alley oops.
second part i meant in road to the playoffs...not domination.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #90
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 Patch #4 Available Now For Xbox One Users, Patch Notes Included

The more I play post patch on HOF sim online, the more I realize that the shooting albeit a bit inflated, is not a game killer by any means.

When u play a terrible user, you will murder them as seen below.

When u play a good user who values defense, meaning they take the time to set up their POE and adjust their defensive settings, and make every effort to contest every shot with the on ball defender (which btw reduces fg%); then you get stats like these below. Again, judge this patch not by the extremes nut by user skill in head to head. I don't mess with offline so I cannot opine on that; plus you offline guys have sliders, something OL and OA heads would kill for.

Both games can be seen on my twitch archives linked in the sig for verification that defense can still be played, even against elite teams and elite 2k players.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 04-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #91
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Now that they nerfed the hell out of MID and 3PT ratings, is there anything else that you don't like about the patch?

I still have to play a few more games, but there's a strong possibility that this game could dethrone NBA 2K11 as my favorite game for online ranked games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2015, 02:21 PM   #92
Rookie

I guess they don't care the league option has been broken since the game was released. We tried again and the games are still not counting. Hope they add/bring back a full league association in NBA 2K16
Old 04-05-2015, 02:09 AM   #93
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

How is the progression and regression issue looking.What dies it do now.
Old 04-05-2015, 02:12 AM   #94
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
The more I play post patch on HOF sim online, the more I realize that the shooting albeit a bit inflated, is not a game killer by any means.

When u play a terrible user, you will murder them as seen below.

When u play a good user who values defense, meaning they take the time to set up their POE and adjust their defensive settings, and make every effort to contest every shot with the on ball defender (which btw reduces fg%); then you get stats like these below. Again, judge this patch not by the extremes nut by user skill in head to head. I don't mess with offline so I cannot opine on that; plus you offline guys have sliders, something OL and OA heads would kill for.

Both games can be seen on my twitch archives linked in the sig for verification that defense can still be played, even against elite teams and elite 2k players.

2k lowered the shooting ratings for most players in the latest roster update. before they did this it was a definite game killer, now its still an issue but more fixable.
Old 04-05-2015, 03:52 AM   #95
Rookie

I must say that I'm happy with a few things post patch. Passing out of the pick and roll is much better now. And the improved shooting makes mid range shooting big men much more of a weapon now. With the Bulls running 3 out 2 in with space the floor, high pick and roll with Rose and Gasol is a thing of beauty. And players like Taj Gibson actually have value now. Still shooting in the mid 60s most games so I still have slider tweaking to do but I had to give 2k some credit for making some intricate parts of the game better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #96
Rookie

JRxPHANTOM's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Now that they nerfed the hell out of MID and 3PT ratings, is there anything else that you don't like about the patch?

I still have to play a few more games, but there's a strong possibility that this game could dethrone NBA 2K11 as my favorite game for online ranked games
The very common green releases. Nerf in ratings does not mean that the green releases are less common, not from the few games that I have played on SS/Shooting below Sim, especially mid range. Note - I'm speaking of offline only.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »