Home

Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #73
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K17 MyCareer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger
After running through the prelude, what team do people want/hope to get drafted by based on there final draft stock (if you are not starting over again).

I got lottery pick with my 6'2" playmaker pg.

Hoping to go 6th to the Pelicans or 8 to the Kings to play with boogie or davis.

Hope to miss the Suns as they have bledsoe & knight. The Wolves have rubio, dunn, LaVine & jones.

Dont fancy playing for the Nuggets either, just because.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Lottery Pick

Hoping to land with the Bulls, figure I can back up Rondo as a rook, take his starting spot in my second year and by the 3rd his contract is up and hopefully he'll be gone

Kings would be nice as Collison will be a FA after the first season and hopefully gone

Most likely will end up somewhere with too much PG depth tho, wish the mode had something in place to facilitate the positions we chose, if the users player gets to a certain rating or earns a starting spot then their team should begin to build around them.

Last edited by Wolf Ticket; 09-13-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:53 PM   #74
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
We got the exact same builds lol. It'll be interesting to see how this build fits in with pro am teams
(this is all me speculating by the way)

I want a point forward or playmaking PG to feed me the ball and take advantage of the pick and roll badges (the playmaking pg gets a boost to shooting too I think from a PnR). Also I feel like it would be nice to have 2 good 3 point shooters, though maybe one could be a shot creator. It will be interesting to see if glass cleaners are really mandatory in proam if their rebounding is really that good, but you could get a stretch 5 to take them out of the paint on offense.

We will also have an ok midrange shot, which might be worth taking depending on match ups, like if the other team decides to go with 2 glass cleaners/paint protectors.

Also I think i'll settle on 240 lbs as my weight, right in between my PF idol's weights (Shawn Kemp 230 lbs, Blake Griffin 250ish)
Old 09-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Lottery Pick

Hoping to land with the Bulls, figure I can back up Rondo as a rook, take his starting spot in my second year and by the 3rd his contract is up and hopefully he'll be gone

Kings would be nice as Collison will be a FA after the first season and hopefully gone

Most likely will end up somewhere with too much PG depth tho, wish the mode had something in place to facilitate the positions we chose, if the users player gets to a certain rating or earns a starting spot then their team should begin to build around them.
Agree with your point about ending up on a team with to much pg depth. I'll most likely end up on the Suns. least your shoe deal improves based on how early you go .

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2016, 05:36 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oouie433
I gotta give you credit too man.

Every year, you're one of the main dudes that keep the thread alive and active...and interesting. I read your stories every year to see what record you break.

Shout out to you bro
I agree. Sleepy kept the last year thread going and personally, he served as an inspiration to my character.
As for my player, i created a sharpshooter SG and picked Louisville. I havent played any games yet, im gonna start my Journey tomorrow i think. Im excited as well for the game, im looking forward to see the improvements they made for our teammates on HOF, for example.

Enviado desde mi SM-G920V mediante Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 05:40 PM   #77
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

6'8 Lockdown PF (240 pounds, 81.7" Wingspan) at Louisville. Didn't use upgrades

Midnight Mania was fun enough. Was trading baskets with the other PF because I couldn't defend at all lol. Didn't matter, I scored enough and was a projected lottery pick.

First game vs Oklahoma, struggled from the field but I drew a ton of fouls. Hit the go ahead layup with 15 seconds left and helped defend a post fade with time expiring that would've won it.

Next couple of games I still struggled from the field (bad ratings and timing layups).. deservedly got ripped on TV by that Richmond guy. All close wins (but my stock dropped after each game, down to being a projected mid first rounder. Probably could've gone lower if it was possible lol).

Then I came up pretty big in the Championship game against Michigan State. 21 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals. Blew them out by 20, first A+ grade.

Olympic game: 10 points, 5 rebounds, 1 steal, 2 assists in 10 minutes of run.

I'm now back in the Lottery conversation.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:48 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackZillaTV
Yeah, it's because the teammates are way smarter and you aren't forced to be the ball handler. I played the Team USA game 5 times. Highest scoring game was 32 with my 7'0 55 Post Scorer Center (He was MONEY from 3), lowest scoring game was a measly 21 points on 45+%. Hopefully the NBA plays like the "Global Games".
Interesting...I thought the whole point in these build types was that Centers wouldn't be able to shoot 3s...
Old 09-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBa17
Interesting...I thought the whole point in these build types was that Centers wouldn't be able to shoot 3s...
The sliders/difficulty will make a big difference, everyone probably knows from last year that the transition to the college/HS games to the nba made you really feel like a 55 ovr, same with going to the park
Old 09-14-2016, 06:53 AM   #80
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Lottery Pick

Hoping to land with the Bulls, ...

Kings would be nice as Collison will be a FA after the first season and hopefully gone ...
With Collison's outside basketball problems, he might be gone before the season begins.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »