Home

MyLeague impressions? 2k20

This is a discussion on MyLeague impressions? 2k20 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-03-2019, 05:23 PM   #321
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: MyLeague impressions? 2k20

Is the chemistry/morale thing even a bug. Granted I haven't gotten past the first season (waiting for the team options bug patch, if it ever even comes)... But I feel like it could do a good job replicating the random craziness that happens in FA and trade deadline and stuff like that. Also in the mygm/league blog it was said that having teammates w the "great teammate" badge or whatever it's called was something that could boost morale
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 05:51 PM   #322
Lurking

kongemeier's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Is the chemistry/morale thing even a bug. Granted I haven't gotten past the first season (waiting for the team options bug patch, if it ever even comes)... But I feel like it could do a good job replicating the random craziness that happens in FA and trade deadline and stuff like that. Also in the mygm/league blog it was said that having teammates w the "great teammate" badge or whatever it's called was something that could boost morale
That was actually fixed in the 1.5 patch.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-03-2019, 05:55 PM   #323
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

From what I see on my end, speaking for myself, it's neither a bug nor a problem.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:26 PM   #324
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongemeier
That was actually fixed in the 1.5 patch.
Nice. I was playing Madden until that got fixed
Old 10-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #325
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
From what I see on my end, speaking for myself, it's neither a bug nor a problem.
Yeah I was leaning the same way halfway thru my first season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 09:43 PM   #326
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
I don't think it's a bug as much as a design decision… perhaps a bit of an overaction to all of the moves last offseason, but really only a handful of those were due to player morale issues.

With that said, I'm beginning to lean towards it not being a big issue. I simmed two seasons and mainly just paid attention to the Celtics. Hayward, Brown and Tatum were all upset at the deadline for Player Extension in the first season. Hayward said he wanted to test free agency and both Brown and Tatum said they that they thought their time in Boston had come to an end and would be better off somewhere else. I ended up being able to retain all three. Hayward picked up his PO and the other two got big boost in morale after I matched their offers in the offseason (2020 for Brown and 2021 for Tatum).

It is a bit jarring seeing so many players upset, especially when it's like half the team of the team that's in 1st place. However, I have yet to see a player just flat out refuse to sign with their former team so when it comes down to it, I think most players can be retained without much trouble. That's what I'm seeing, albeit from just a small sample size and looking through everything rather quickly. If anyone has any experience other than this, please share it.

Two other things regarding 2nd Round picks, CPU teams only sign 2nd Rounders if they stash players so that really is something that needs to be handled with 30-team control.

Lastly, just like last year, if you're using Player DNA for any Drafts, then you still have to change each players years pro after they're drafted or else they won't be counted as a rookie. You can do it starting the Team/Player Options stage starting in the offseason or at any time once the season starts. However, if you don't change their year pro before you get to the Progression stage, then they will progress before ever playing a game so watch out for that.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 10-03-2019 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:07 AM   #327
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Luke Kennard in year 1 refused to sign an extension with me. I did have him coming off the bench but he still got the 4th most minutes and was actually second in scoring for me. I was around .500 or a bit better too. Dre said he was testing free agency as well. Most of my players morale were under 50. This was at default morale. After the all star break I turned morale and chemistry down to 25 after that seemed a lot better.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:41 AM   #328
Rookie

OVR: 0

An easy (but shouldn't be necessary) way to stop players jumping up by 5-10 overall is to reduce your games in a season to 29. I have no idea why it works but it does. I haven't tested with 58 games but that worked in 2k19.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »