Home

MyLeague impressions? 2k20

This is a discussion on MyLeague impressions? 2k20 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-04-2019, 07:25 AM   #329
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague impressions? 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Is the chemistry/morale thing even a bug. Granted I haven't gotten past the first season (waiting for the team options bug patch, if it ever even comes)... But I feel like it could do a good job replicating the random craziness that happens in FA and trade deadline and stuff like that. Also in the mygm/league blog it was said that having teammates w the "great teammate" badge or whatever it's called was something that could boost morale
What I usually do to combat the craziness, I will manipulate my own trades, turning off trade logic and re-assign players to teams, regardless of contract.

Say Dirk signs with Memphis, I will trade him back to the Mavericks. I try to keep things logical.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:56 AM   #330
Rookie

What's the point of having an option to send players to the G-League, if they all seem to go up in arms about it to the point of wanting a trade, regardless of their role on the team?

I've got the 54th pick in the 2018 draft, Shake Milton, the definition of a 15th man, utterly dejected, with his attubute dropping 4 points, with rumors of him wanting out of Philly, because I've sent him to the G-League and it's not even 20 games into the season? what?

Same goes for two rookies Thybulle and Smith (he played 9 games last season so he's basically a rookie).

The whole point of the G-League is to get young players and players at the fringes of the rotation some playing time in a competitive environment. The way it's designed now it seems to penalize you for doing it and I'm not sure it even offers any rewards.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:32 AM   #331
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakaveliLPC
Is the chemistry/morale thing even a bug. Granted I haven't gotten past the first season (waiting for the team options bug patch, if it ever even comes)... But I feel like it could do a good job replicating the random craziness that happens in FA and trade deadline and stuff like that. Also in the mygm/league blog it was said that having teammates w the "great teammate" badge or whatever it's called was something that could boost morale
To me, the issue is that even if I move those sliders to 0, it's still a problem. If it's a design choice or a part of the game they wanted to add it, it's cool and I respect that, but don't then don't include sliders to "fix it" that don't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2019, 12:37 PM   #332
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Luke Kennard in year 1 refused to sign an extension with me. I did have him coming off the bench but he still got the 4th most minutes and was actually second in scoring for me. I was around .500 or a bit better too. Dre said he was testing free agency as well. Most of my players morale were under 50. This was at default morale. After the all star break I turned morale and chemistry down to 25 after that seemed a lot better.

IIRC Luke is a RFA so he doesn't have a choice really and if another team offers him, then when you match he should get a boost in morale; plus you'll have him locked up. Dre is interesting but from what I've seen UFA will at least let you send them an offer. In the past, I believe they wouldn't be interested if their morale was low enough. See how it goes in the offseaon and let us know.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 10-04-2019, 12:53 PM   #333
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
IIRC Luke is a RFA so he doesn't have a choice really and if another team offers him, then when you match he should get a boost in morale; plus you'll have him locked up. Dre is interesting but from what I've seen UFA will at least let you send them an offer. In the past, I believe they wouldn't be interested if their morale was low enough. See how it goes in the offseaon and let us know.
In my many, many Sim seasons, Andre was 50/50 on taking his player option. And if he didn't he still signed a long term deal with Detroit most of the time. I'll be honest as a Piston fans, I don't know that he's getting 28m on the open market (his option) with anyone else or even a long term Detroit deal. It would be close. Probably not more than 4/120m if he signed elsewhere due to his limitations in 2019 and the number of teams in the market for a player like Drummond
Old 10-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #334
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
In my many, many Sim seasons, Andre was 50/50 on taking his player option. And if he didn't he still signed a long term deal with Detroit most of the time. I'll be honest as a Piston fans, I don't know that he's getting 28m on the open market (his option) with anyone else or even a long term Detroit deal. It would be close. Probably not more than 4/120m if he signed elsewhere due to his limitations in 2019 and the number of teams in the market for a player like Drummond
Detroit is in a tough spot with Dre. They can’t extend him at less than $28M. He has to be $28M to $35M. I don’t think bigs like him that can’t create their own offence are valued right now. Draymond and Vuvecic got $25M and Horford was similar but older. So I’d like him to sign for $25M or less but he’s one of few big players available next year.

Luke is an RFA but wouldn’t even consider an extension. And with the option bug I changed his contract to make sure he had to stay one more year.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:37 AM   #335
Rookie

Cyrus09's Arena

Another super annoying bug: Everytime you make a roster change the advanced rotation gets set back to standard. Even if the player you making the change with wasn't even in the rotation.

Wouldn't be to bad if setting up the rotations with that tool would be easier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 09:58 AM   #336
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus09
Another super annoying bug: Everytime you make a roster change the advanced rotation gets set back to standard. Even if the player you making the change with wasn't even in the rotation.

Wouldn't be to bad if setting up the rotations with that tool would be easier.
Save your rotations. When you reload it, it will still work even when your bench players who have no minutes assigned change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »