Home

MyLeague impressions? 2k20

This is a discussion on MyLeague impressions? 2k20 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 10-06-2019, 01:26 PM   #337
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague impressions? 2k20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
I have a slider set you can check out in the sliders section of NBA2k on OS. There is also a set if you look at the most downloaded that you can try. I was able to work it out so that players were progressing anywhere from 1-5 depending on potential and other factors. You can get higher progression if you raise sliders for the growth phase. But of course that will impact all the younger players, not just high potential players like Zion or Morant, which is why I had to balance progression with not having late 2nd round picks jumping up too much.

One thing you can do that I've always done in the past, is put more randomness into the process. After the progression/regression portion of the offseason, I would allow each team to protect 4 players, then use a random number generator online to choose one unprotected player per team to regress and then one to progress (no need to protect anyone with that). Then use the random number generator again to decide how much they regress.

By doing that you get a little bit of real life randomness where sometimes a 26 year old NBA player falls off a cliff. Sometimes a player makes an unexpected jump.
Ill try the slider set and reset my customized training in hopes that it solves my issues. Seems weird that either would totally stop my players from progressing however.

Since I feel that my save is ruined without any progression can someone recommend overall ratings I can override players progression to? See below for the relevant players and what they achieved in years 1 and 2. I am the Celtics (after a fantasy draft) so I had 3 high picks before year 2.

Jokic: 2x MVP. 33/22/6, 24/22/6
Zion: ROY, 2x 3rd team NBA, 25/8/4 21/8/3
Coby White: 1st team rook, 2nd team nba. 18/3/9 32/4/7

Draftee 1: started 74 (A- pot). ROY, 20/5/2
Draftee 2: started 72 (A- pot). 2nd team Rook. 12/4/2
Draftee 3: started 68 (A- pot). 1st team rook. 8/1/6

Hopefully this is something that someone who has done several seasons can comment on quickly based on experience. I am not sure what is normal as this is first time playing in several years. Appreciate any help.
Old 10-06-2019, 05:50 PM   #338
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Aside from difficult shots, Harden shouldn’t have any shooting badges.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
He should have steady shooter as well. Other than that i agree... and dude is like my favorite player in the league.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #339
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
He should have steady shooter as well. Other than that i agree... and dude is like my favorite player in the league.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
I got so annoyed by him still shooting .590 and .514 from 3, 30 games in, that I stripped him of all his shooting badges and his finisher badges too.

Sadly for him he doesn't get a"boy the refs sure fall for my pretending to be fouled" badge
Old 10-07-2019, 12:01 AM   #340
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone know if its possible to revert a teams logo back to the point where the logo is back to neon on the myleague screens? i changed the team branding main colors trying to get the compression pants to match the arm sleeves (color red...pistons) That ended up messing with the socks so theyre black and white as if i created a custom jersey.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #341
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Well I’m pissed. Here’s my tale (on PC BTW)

I Wanted a MyLeague with the 6 CEBL teams as expansion teams which should be possible as the 6 expansion team option has been in 2k for awhile. I can get 3 custom teams in but anything after 3 gives me an error that the game can’t load the team files. I found a work around by starting the league with 3 custom teams then adding 3 of the included custom teams (Baltimore Barons,etc....) start the league controlling all 6 of the expansion teams then once the league has started I use the relocation tab to put the other three teams I wanted over those 3 that the game included. I then turned off control of 5 of the teams so I could control just my team the Saskatchewan Rattlers.
I spent hours and hours creating players to get real life counterparts on those teams. And played the first 7 games on the schedule.

Yesterday I realize that 2k added some options to MyGM mode making it something I’d actually like to play by using a more traditional NBA league format as the Raptors. So I start that and now all of a sudden I can’t save anything anymore. Nothing. MyLeague, MyGM, MyCareer, settings,.......nothing!!

So obviously devastated, I start searching for possible solutions and apparently it’s a known problem with using 6 expansion teams not only that but the problem has existed since at least 2k18 and 2k knows about it.

The expansion team aspect hasn’t worked properly since it was implemented. Be it edits not saving, teams not loading, uniforms not all saving properly, etc.... but this is terrible. It borked my whole game.

Why is this feature even included in the game if they know this stuff happens? It’s one thing if you discover issues that happen after you release the game but they are shipping a product that they know is busted. That’s flat out wrong. The fix is to delete the hours on hours of work I did. Ugh. Thanks 2k.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77106C1B-AC3B-474F-AE74-5D4E1C9CAE48.jpg (74.0 KB, 318 views)

Last edited by CujoMatty; 10-07-2019 at 02:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2019, 01:29 AM   #342
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

How do you force a win or loss? I thought that was an option this year? I don't see it at all during the season. Maybe it's because of 30 team control? The game thinks i'm playing every team when I put other teams on auto.

Edit: figured it out, I'm an idiot.

Last edited by Kully; 10-08-2019 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:56 PM   #343
Rookie

Zuke's Arena

OVR: 6

Has 2k acknowledged any of these bugs and are working on them?
Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #344
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuke
Has 2k acknowledged any of these bugs and are working on them?
they fixed the team/player option bug that came after season 2. I have personally not seen any issues with qualifying offers vs. long term deals in the many simmed seasons I did. But I also was doing 1 team control and putting everything on auto just to work out slider sets.

Morale seems to be set at a strange difficulty, even when you turn it to zero. This might not be a glitch but a poor design choice, similar to The Show's pathetic morale system.

The G league glitch is alive and well and gets worse in year 2 and beyond.

Teams don't sign 2nd round picks, then someone else signs them for 4 times as much on 2 and 3 year deals.

To my knowledge 2k has not acknowledged any issues with myleague, but as seen with the option issue, that doesn't mean they might not fix one.

I'm not holding out hope on the 2nd round picks or the G league since those are issues from previous years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »