Home

the_future420's NBA 2k13 Pro Simulation Sliders (12 min quarters)

This is a discussion on the_future420's NBA 2k13 Pro Simulation Sliders (12 min quarters) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: the_future420's NBA 2k13 Pro Simulation Sliders (12 min quarters)

Getting ready to run about 4 CPU vs CPU games to get a feel for how these are and see what stats I come up with. Will be running with 4 random matchups to get the best variety of results.

A couple of observations before doing this:

-I just looked at hoopdata.com and was surprised to see that the avg team shot 45% (44.8) last year. I thought this was lower, around 43%, and judging from what I've seen in my games, the CPU seems to hover closer to that 43% than the league avg of 45.

-User rebounds overall have been on the high side, which is directly due to the CPU shooting a little poorer than they should. Will see how they do in the CPU vs CPU games

Last edited by the_future420; 10-13-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #82
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJColossal
Those are the most realistic stats I've seen anyone post so far. Gotta try them.

Even the shot attempts look good, which I thought were hard coded into the game.
Its the Run plays at 0. I accidentally played a game without loading my roster with the run plays at 0 and the CPU was jackin shots like crazy. I got frustrated because I thought the CPU was up to its old tricks, but once I loaded my roster, things were back to being more realistic.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm really enjoying these so far - nice work! The only things I may tweak for myself is to lower the on-ball steals to about 60, raise the look for post players to 60, and I think I might drop my shot sliders down one notch because I feel like I'm hitting at too high of a percentage. But, the game flows so much better now. Thank you for putting in so much work on these.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:43 PM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
I'm really enjoying these so far - nice work! The only things I may tweak for myself is to lower the on-ball steals to about 60, raise the look for post players to 60, and I think I might drop my shot sliders down one notch because I feel like I'm hitting at too high of a percentage. But, the game flows so much better now. Thank you for putting in so much work on these.
Thanks JoeDog, you are looking at lowering the go for on-ball steals tendency? What are you seeing that is leading you to do this? As far as post play, I've got look for post players at 65 as of now, and that setting seems to work much better.

One thing I am noticing now though, is it doesn't seem like the CPU is taking enough 3 pt shots. Are others seeing this as well?

For those that don't check the first page, you will notice that I have increased the CPU attack the basket tendency back up to default to help them be more agressive in the half-court. Inside shots have also decreased a bit more to counteract this, in the hopes that once they get to the paint, they won't feel the need to jack up a tough shot everytime, but instead kick it back out

Last edited by the_future420; 10-13-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #85
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Thanks JoeDog, you are looking at lowering the go for on-ball steals tendency? What are you seeing that is leading you to do this? As far as post play, I've got look for post players at 65 as of now, and that setting seems to work much better.

One thing I am noticing now though, is it doesn't seem like the CPU is taking enough 3 pt shots. Are others seeing this as well?

For those that don't check the first page, you will notice that I have increased the CPU attack the basket tendency back up to default to help them be more agressive in the half-court. Inside shots have also decreased a bit more to counteract this, in the hopes that once they get to the paint, they won't feel the need to jack up a tough shot everytime, but instead kick it back out
It's probably more my skill level than your sliders, but I felt like I was getting my pocket picked every time I would face a defender up for more than a second or two.

As far as 3-point attempts, I am playing the Kings right now and they have jacked up 5 and there are still 10 minutes left to go in the 2nd quarter. I will post my stats after the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #86
Rookie

MrMayface's Arena

I just finished my first game using these sliders.

Pretty fun. I was the Kings.
Old 10-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #87
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDog10
It's probably more my skill level than your sliders, but I felt like I was getting my pocket picked every time I would face a defender up for more than a second or two.
It's not a skill level thing, the CPU just swats at the ball a lot if you face up in the post. It got to me and I lowered CPU steals also.

One tip I found: if you are blowing out the cpu and shooting like 50%+, try lowering the USER consistency slider 4-5 points. I've got mine set at 46 and it really changed my game for the better (even tho it made me worse!)
Old 10-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #88
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMayface
I just finished my first game using these sliders.

Pretty fun. I was the Kings.
Why did u only show the stats for the 1st quarter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »