Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Association Part 1

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Association Part 1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:52 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 41
I noticed the eye color thing and had to do a double-take. I'm a little surprised, but I don't know how much it affects me.

That Bucks box score was awful. Jefferson had only 14 minutes?

Also, with the ratings viewer, even if you look at their ratings, you probably won't remember what they were rated in everything by the time you reach the end of the season, especially since most people play their seasons and will be selecting mid-late 1st round.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 06:53 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 41
Oh, forgot to mention. I nitpick, but everything looks great. Thanks for uploading this, Steve.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:55 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K9 Video: Association Part 1

Umm, this isn't the final build correct? Maybe this will be filled in later... who knows
Old 09-22-2008, 07:01 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
This is no doubt tied to the fact that 2K still uses PRE determined pictures that they create to match the rookie coming into the league for player cards and the like. If Steve would have showed you his player card, You would see that his player card pic vaguely resembles the character and is the same reason why we most likely will get a black silhouette for created players yet again. 2K needs to address this issue and this is the very reason why they should try to avoid situations like this. 2K needs to add the ability for the game to take a realtime player shot of our players... the current method simply does NOT work. Please add this in one of your updates.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by timotim19
This is no doubt tied to the fact that 2K still uses PRE determined pictures that they create to match the rookie coming into the league for player cards and the like. If Steve would have showed you his player card, You would see that his player card pic vaguely resembles the character and is the same reason why we most likely will get a black silhouette for created players yet again. 2K needs to address this issue and this is the very reason why they should try to avoid situations like this. 2K needs to add the ability for the game to take a realtime player shot of our players... the current method simply does NOT work. Please add this in one of your updates.
i would much rather have a black silhoutte and the ability to edit a players appearance then a stupid picture and some douche bag that looks all fat with blonde afro.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks for the vid Steve. Looking forward to seeing some more Association footage.

Golden State Warriors/Orlando Magic
Oakland A's
Old 09-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

My question,

Are there game by game, daily or weekly highlights like in NFL 2k5?
What other good things are in the Association and the Regular game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 07:38 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

It actually looks like you can hit the RB or LB in order to get more options on appearance changes. So yeah, on "face", you can only change eye color but if you hit RB, it probably goes to hair, facial hair, etc.

As said, the point to this feature and what makes it so cool isn't that you can go look at their attributes and self-cheat the game, but that you can make sure one of the top prospects you wish to draft doesn't have fire-engine red hair with a flat-top. Heh.

This will also help the hardcore amongst us that play four seasons plus and see the rare draftee here or there with the same name as someone drafted years prior.

I'm also surprised that nobody is excited about the option to change shoes. That is huge, as four years in... most players had plain white shoes on 2K8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »