Home

NBA 2K9 Video: Association Part 1

This is a discussion on NBA 2K9 Video: Association Part 1 within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:39 PM   #33
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K9 Video: Association Part 1

The swaying windows looked pretty nifty and I like the NBA layout. I cant wait to get started on my Grizz's dynasty.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:56 PM   #34
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierVE
It actually looks like you can hit the RB or LB in order to get more options on appearance changes. So yeah, on "face", you can only change eye color but if you hit RB, it probably goes to hair, facial hair, etc.
It doesn't. RB and LB goes between Accessories, Hair, Face, Details, etc. If you look at the other video, All of the face stuff is in one menu.

The other video had "Hair", this one doesn't.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM   #35
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53

Thanks for the video, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 18
Thanks Steve, but 2k come on man always screwing it up. When i saw you can edit prospect i was jumping for joy i was praying that edit the age i jump for joy again then when it came to face i see eye color only i paused for a minute then Im scream out "WTF are you fing serious"!!!! Why do this man, why are you keep torturing me 2k please dont let this be the final product.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #37
stewaat

OVR:

If the rookies are messed up again this year I might switch to Live, wow. Yes it is that important to me. I don't want some fire red haired pale guy being the stud prospect and not have the ability to edit him.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #38
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
If the rookies are messed up again this year I might switch to Live, wow. Yes it is that important to me. I don't want some fire red haired pale guy being the stud prospect and not have the ability to edit him.
It showed a rookie in the video. He's a normal looking black man.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #39
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I'm glad they fixed some of the little things, like rookie contracts. Thanks 2K.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:00 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
i would much rather have a black silhouette and the ability to edit a players appearance then a stupid picture and some douche bag that looks all fat with blonde afro.
I would too, thats just it. 2K is putting themselves in this situation by their lack of change with the feature. What they face here is a situation where if they allowed you to edit the rookies faces however you wanted, it wouldn't match the pre-made pic that was created for that rookie... this would look odd because you could take that black rookie in the video and edit his skin color to make him white, yet you will still see that black rookie pic associated with the white rookie whenever they show his player card in menus/during the game.

Problem #2 would come into play if 2K said **** it, every prospect that the user changes automatically gets the black silhouette instead of the pre-made picture... now the problem is that most of the league would then have a black silhouette because I will most certainly want to edit most of the prospects in the game in some fashion weather it be hair/skin/looks for variety purposes.

The solution here would be for 2K to come up with a better way of showing the created players and rookies so that they are represented exactly how they look in the game... the only way to do that is to have the game take a realtime snap shot of out players. NBA Inside Drive did it on XBOX 1, I dont see why they cant do it now.

Lastly this is needed more now than ever before because we dont have a CHoops this year so trying to make accurate draft classes though editing them is very important. Not letting us change the look of the rookies is stupid and has rendered this whole feature useless now.

Last edited by timotim19; 09-22-2008 at 09:09 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »