Home

NBA 2K11: Starting Five Roster Ratings

This is a discussion on NBA 2K11: Starting Five Roster Ratings within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #161
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: NBA 2K11: Starting Five Roster Ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbolo84
So what would we have instead of an overall rating? Just curious.
A letter grade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 10
People would jut average the indiv rating and find other issues to debate anywayz ... saved us the extra step. Aight I'm off this one .. y'all enjoy.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #163
Rookie

OVR: 3
I really wish we could see a breakdown of the individual ratings. Seeing overalls just doesn't give enough information. Certain players in the league are really good at some things and really bad at others which can make the overalls off.

I was looking at the overalls for Salmons and Jennings, being from Milwaukee, and I thought to myself why are they so bad. But then I thought, well physically Jennings isn't much of a presence. I mean he's fast, but he's not a super athlete like Rose, Wall, or Westbrook. Also, his shooting percentage wasn't amazing last year either (37% from the field, OUCH), so that's probably pulling him down because shooting ratings are probably very important to overalls for PG (can someone confirm this?). Salmons, isn't the most athletic either which probably hurts his rating, but I can't think of a huge deficiency in his game, ball-handling maybe? He's not a good rebounder for a SG, but not terrible. I guess it's more that he's not really great at anything.

But when it comes down to it, if I can hit that ugly mid-range jumper with Salmons and be lightning quick with Jennings, that's all that really matters. I think overall ratings are a bit overrated. Is there an overall rating calculator somewhere that explains how these numbers are weighted by the different attribute categories?
Old 09-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 4

Who cares about these ratings honestly? Most people are going to adjust the ratings themselves when they get the game or download 2kShare rosters with more realistic ratings
Old 09-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #165
Rookie

BigDaneAyMane's Arena

OVR: 1
Boooo! Javale McGee should at least get a 66 and Blatche should be a 75. Wall, Gil and Howard I guessed spot on though.

Durant should be a 93-94 based off of Kobe, Bron, Wade, Melo and Tim Duncan's rating.

Dirk an 83? Ouch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #166
Rookie

BigDaneAyMane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballa21
Who cares about these ratings honestly? Most people are going to adjust the ratings themselves when they get the game or download 2kShare rosters with more realistic ratings
Online players care quite a bit.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #167
Rookie

I tellya what... Cleveland sure is gonna be bad this year.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #168
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaneAyMane
Online players care quite a bit.
that is another animal lol......To me there is a lot more i want to know about the Online play than the ratings....got to be able to play the game first than worry about ratings but for the most part you're right

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »