Home

NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview (Destructoid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice
They could have taken out the hop step since it can be triggered with the modified shots now, but that would mean no Shaq-style jump stops. We'll know more once they decide to tell us, but knowing 2K, we should expect a pretty deep set up.
if you notice in the preview,since we are using the Y button to toggle post moves,this frees up the normal holding L/R trigger buttons to initiate post moves,so i imagine the hopstep will be still be there,just moved to another button.

as for doing the "shaq style" post hopstep just by pressing Y in the post,they can put that on the L/R trigger now since those are free.to do a normal running hopstep,i think that u just have to be moving or at least holding the left stick forward and you will still do the normal hopstep. i believe that the post is only initiated when you are not moving,and the shot stick is in the neutral position. it wouldnt make sense to be running and then press Y to go right into engaging the post,i would imagine u have to stop first,or at least neutral the shot stick.

so there are ways to still keep hopsteps on the Y button and still use it to activate the post moves...

Last edited by jordankobewade7; 07-21-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #34
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I was also pleasantly surprised to see a letter rating system (F, B+, etc.) pop up after taking shots. A high letter grade doesn’t always ensure a made bucket, nor does a low letter preclude a possible bucket, but the system rates both how well you took the shot and the quality of the shot itself. It would take into consideration if you were well defended or didn’t have your feet set. It’s a nice bit of immediate, tangible feedback that feels like it can be used to adjust your game accordingly. Speaking of adjusting your game, it also has a feature allowing you to adjust your play style on the fly, bypassing menus and keeping you in the action. With the system, you’ll be able to assign specific players a specific role, or quickly swap between playing philosophies (lock down the paint, pressure shooters, etc.), whether it’s just for the present play or for the rest of the game.
Wow the small things like this are going to really up the realism we basically get the option to see if it was a good release on the shot, whether the shot was defended well. Man oh man! I want to see how this impacts players with sick shot skills like Dirk. No amount of defense really means anything to his shot in real life. I think this will help players learn the proper way to play to their teams strengths one way or another.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:59 PM   #35
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

I love this time of year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2
great read
Old 07-21-2011, 09:35 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0
I hope they can upgrade the celebration for example ( buzzer beaters, big runs by team, better championship celebration and a better looking trophy, and present the mvp doing he finals.

and when its a blowout game why does the starters come back in the game with like 45 SECONDS LEFT IN THE 4 QUARTER i THINK BOTH TEAM SHOULD SUB WHEN IT A BLOWOUT. Small things like this wil make the game perfect. thanks 2k
Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 PM   #38
Rookie

DatSamuraiRose's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid)

This was a great read. I hope that they get Haslem's hair right(he cut it)
Old 07-21-2011, 10:07 PM   #39
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K12 Hands-On Preview - Post Game Tweaks, New Physics Engine (Destructoid)

The new covers are nice, but this is what it is all about. I like it when development teams admit publicly that something in the game was a band-aid solution and are able to fix it in the next game with something less contrived.

The ball not being on so strong a string is going to be interesting. Now I'm an offline only player so I won't have to deal with it, but with online being overrun with steal spammers and kamikaze basket attackers, it should be quite a spectacle.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #40
Rookie

ybtherockstar's Arena

OVR: 6

This is great news! Oct 4th cant come any quicker.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »