Home

NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online

This is a discussion on NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Dear 2k/Take Two Management -

There's this term going around called "The Cloud." It's this great concept of about putting pretty much everything on the internet. I mean everything. Music, documents, photos, software, even games (multiplayer games at that). It's the hottest term in the industry and even stock investors are buying up Cloud based companies. It's safe to say that sooner or later, everything is going to be based off of internet. Look at Steam, it is an entire library of games I can play through my internet connection, some even multiplayer.

No matter how much you fight it, Online is going to be the wave of the future. Internet connections are going to replace telephone lines, and eventually everyone except farmers are going to be on high speed connections.

So do all your paying customers a favor and get on board. Let's be honest, I'm still going to buy your game because of the hard work you put into other areas (and you're also the only game in town - literally). But even though EA is way behind you all right now for Basketball games, we can all hear their footsteps in the distance. And the one area in which they've always had you beat is devoting resources to their online components. I hope for your sake you get on board - but right now your opponent is on the ground and you all are basically standing over him leaving your groin wide open.

That is all.
From what I've seen so far from 2K's "Servers", I wouldn't be surprised if the servers didn't work up to par until 2K14!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #122
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I play almost exclusively OFFLINE, I like doing Association and My Player, so I don't really care about this. Online is okay, but I'll leave my online playing to Battlefield and COD.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:29 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 1
This is BULL. They could of made it where we can use them unranked games. No excuse 2K.

Son of a mother duck.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #124
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K12 Legends Not Available Online

16 days till release, 2k make it happen for unranked games!!!!
Old 09-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #125
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephlaker123
proly cuz only three or four teams whould be almost unstopabble and whould be used ALL THE TIME 87 lakers 86 celtics 90-98 bulls and either the rockets or magic
not every player on the teams is rated high, people think just because they are "historic" teams they are unstoppable. I dont think luc longley will be rated 90 anytime soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #126
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
I play almost exclusively OFFLINE, I like doing Association and My Player, so I don't really care about this. Online is okay, but I'll leave my online playing to Battlefield and COD.
Exactly how I feel. cept I don't play online at all. lol
Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #127
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
Look unless your a developer, then you don't know the actual reason to why the classic teams won't be available online. To many people on this site tend to think they know it all, must most of the time are dead wrong. Let's stop crying and let the Dev's give us the reason for this issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Wont make a difference.

If was explained why the new Cavs court wasnt in the game last year (until the patch) and people acted like the devs were liars. There isnt really a answer they can give to stop people from being ridiculous.

(though I do feel you guys dissapointment, I would like the classic teams online)
24th is correct. For a certain segment of folks here, if they want X in the game, then it is automatically in their minds something that is easy to implement. If it isn't done, then the developers are lazy, dumb, holding back for next year, or biased against those gamers.

Also the whole "Online is the future, Offline is obsolete" argument may be true... in 5 or 10 years, maybe. Even here, on a online message board, online has been crushed by offline in every poll we've ever had. Even when everything is server/cloud based I still believe that most people are going to choose to play by themselves. We have a lot of good guys here, but IMO, a large percentage of people who are drawn to online play are straight up Delta Bravos.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:06 PM   #128
Banned

OVR: 1

For all of you who say this is fine because you don't play online anyhow....

How would you feel if they came out and said Legend Teams would ONLY be available ONLINE. Wouldn't you feel a little disappointed that after being hyped up for all these great teams, that these teams won't be available in any mode you have any interest in? This is the way a lot of people feel...or at least me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »